Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

By the way , stay away from FF3 until they fix some of the weirdness. For some reason I can download files but then I can't open them , and they don't exist in the folder they were supposed to be downloaded to. Weird.

really? I don't have either of these problems. All my files go straight to desktop, and you just have to double click on the file in the download manager to open it instead of the old link they used to have.

Updated to 6-29

...Nothing like having Italian Ice on a hot summer day. I had that yesterday and I was in heaven.

...We were (the wife and I) were going on vacation this summer down to her parents home and then a quick trip to the Hall of Fame because we didn't see everything the last time we were there, but after filling up the minivan two days ago for the outrageous price of $72 dollars, that plan was scrapped.

...By the way, we paid $4.17 a gallon for it. The worst place to get gas is at Mobil, who always charge more than anyone else.

...If you are a classic baseball fan like myself, this is the website to be at. And wiith updates to County Stadium and Forbes Field released this week, it just confirms it. Thank you very much for these stadiums Paulw, Sean O and HardcoreLegend.

...My only problem is that I don't have enough time in the day to devote to playing this game.

...I'll say it again and again, I don't like this interleague play.

...Sure the Yankees won yesterday by the score of 3 - 2, but the best thing about yesterday was when they sent Kei Igawa back to Scranton so he couldn't cause any damage. How much longer are they going to keep him?

...Phil Hughes may be the future for the Yankees, but he's still got a lot to prove. He has to show he can get through a year without getting hurt.

...Carl Pavano should be back before July turns into August. Say what you want about him, I still think he has a good arm and that's exactly what the Yankees need.

...Note to YankeexDev: Webster Fireman's carnival this year is from July 9 to July 12th. Good luck finding a place to park.

Updated to 7-6

...I went to this place last night with my wife to see Hancock with Will Smith (it was ok, I won't watch it again) and Don't mess with the Zohan with Adam Sandler, which was funny. Three screens, and each one was packed. We got lucky to find a spot in the second row.

...They also do flea markets on weekends, but I'm not into that. I don't feel like buying other people's junk and making it my junk.

...But even while I was sitting there, my mind was wandering at times while I was thinking of the sad state of the Yankees.

...What's this talk with A-Rod and Madonna? How did this get started? And why Madonna? I mean I could understand it if it were the 1985 Madonna but this is 2008. A-Rod should be saying "where's the elevator, I'm leaving."

...Will some kind soul please explain to me what this Caturday thread is supposed to mean? All I see are random pictures of cats. What's it supposed to mean?

...Just speculation, now that the Dodgers need infield help, but what do you think are the chances of them getting Wilson Betemit back from the Yankees to help out? Betemit sure is expendable on the Yankee roster.

...I just found out today that Scott Proctor is on the 15 day DL with right elbow tendinitis brought on by and acute case of Joe Torre. He's 1-0 this year with a 6.82 ERA. He's done and he's only thirty-one years old.

...I'd pay good money to see some athlete pop those two ESPN SOB's Jim Caple and Bill Simmons right in the nose.

...Maybe if all the Yankee fans pray together today at the same time, the Yankees can get seven hits today.

...I'm pulling for Brett Gardner to do well. We need some real speed in that lineup. We also need someone that gives a damn.

...Next week's random thoughts will be later than usual because I'll be out of town being randomly bored.

I'm angry with the Yankees. I can accept that with all the injuries to the starting rotation, we give up too many runs (especially with Ponson and Rasner pitching). I can't accept that we can't hit a damn thing. We have a 5 star lineup (ok, Damon and Matsui are out, but Jeter, Abreu, Giambi and A-rod are there). Wh should be producing at least 4 runs per game. Instead we produce 4 hit per game. Overpaid *******

...Thank God, Caturday is over. One more week which I have made it out alive.

...C.C. Sabathia isn't really that great, I hope the suckers who trade for him don't give up much.

...Wired connection is just infinitely better than wireless, I just switched back this morning.

...Why are there like 8,000,000 different size Band-Aids?

...Nook Logan needs to find a ballclub.

..."The Mod To End All Mods" will be coming out very soon, also a good reason to move my computer to the room with a wired connection.

...Does anyone here still play Battlefield 2? If they do, I would like to play with them.

...Nook Logan is an excellent hitter vs. lefties. I really wish the Tigers didn't corrupt him by forcing him to bat switch.

...Over 3 months now with no job. I really dislike this job market but thank God for unemployment. The search starts again this week.

...Why at most parties is there always 1 person who has to be the show-off? I'm not talking about college parties either.

...KFC's chipolite chicken is yummy.

...Watching UFC PPV's for free on channelsurfing.net is awesome.

...Sun filled weekends are the best.

Updated to 7-6

...I went to this place last night with my wife to see Hancock with Will Smith (it was ok, I won't watch it again) and Don't mess with the Zohan with Adam Sandler, which was funny. Three screens, and each one was packed. We got lucky to find a spot in the second row.

...They also do flea markets on weekends, but I'm not into that. I don't feel like buying other people's junk and making it my junk.

...But even while I was sitting there, my mind was wandering at times while I was thinking of the sad state of the Yankees.

...What's this talk with A-Rod and Madonna? How did this get started? And why Madonna? I mean I could understand it if it were the 1985 Madonna but this is 2008. A-Rod should be saying "where's the elevator, I'm leaving."

...Will some kind soul please explain to me what this Caturday thread is supposed to mean? All I see are random pictures of cats. What's it supposed to mean?

...Just speculation, now that the Dodgers need infield help, but what do you think are the chances of them getting Wilson Betemit back from the Yankees to help out? Betemit sure is expendable on the Yankee roster.

...I just found out today that Scott Proctor is on the 15 day DL with right elbow tendinitis brought on by and acute case of Joe Torre. He's 1-0 this year with a 6.82 ERA. He's done and he's only thirty-one years old.

...I'd pay good money to see some athlete pop those two ESPN SOB's Jim Caple and Bill Simmons right in the nose.

...Maybe if all the Yankee fans pray together today at the same time, the Yankees can get seven hits today.

...I'm pulling for Brett Gardner to do well. We need some real speed in that lineup. We also need someone that gives a ****.

...Next week's random thoughts will be later than usual because I'll be out of town being randomly bored.

I went to that drive in a few years ago. It wasn't anything too special. It sure does get packed. I wouldn't venture out to Avon from Webster. Its like 45 Minutes to Avon.

For the Carnival in Webster I can just walk or ride my bike up there. I live in the Village so I don't have to worry about parking. Those carnivals always attract the 315ers to the area. Don't want to deal with the fights and crowds.

I usually have baseball anyways when the Carnival is going on

I went to that drive in a few years ago. It wasn't anything too special. It sure does get packed. I wouldn't venture out to Avon from Webster. Its like 45 Minutes to Avon.

Yeah, it would be quite a drive for you. It was a half hour drive for me to get there.

For the Carnival in Webster I can just walk or ride my bike up there. I live in the Village so I don't have to worry about parking. Those carnivals always attract the 315ers to the area. Don't want to deal with the fights and crowds

I park at the plaza across the street from McDonalds and I walk over to the Carnival.

Just curious, what's a 315er?

Yeah, it would be quite a drive for you. It was a half hour drive for me to get there.

I park at the plaza across the street from McDonalds and I walk over to the Carnival.

Just curious, what's a 315er?

People from Wayne County next to Monroe county. Ontario NY, Wayne NY. The hick people East of Monroe County.

Updated to 7-13

...Late today with this. I was out of town over the weekend because I was at my wife's hometown in Binghamton, New York. More on that as I go on. For anyone living there or living near there, I really and truly feel sorry for you. It is the worst place I've ever been to in my life.

...We went to a flea market today down in nearby Conklin, New York and as I looked around at those people there buying other people's garbage, one thing occurred to me over and over again and it was that all those people looked alike. Lot of sisters and brothers marrying each other I'd say. And I saw more ugly women with tattoos there then I care to see ever again.

...Random stuff for sale today that I saw: a broken hockey stick. A rusted and bent computer case. Scratched DVD's. Two rabbits. "One male and one female...at least I think they are," said the guy selling them. And other useful things that you need everyday, like 8 track tapes.

...All I spent was fifty cents. That was the price we had to pay to park. "Got a lot of good stuff today!," said the guy I gave the money to. When we were leaving I saw that same guy and I asked him what row was "all the good stuff" in? He just laughed.

...Gas was $4.09 there. Cheapest I saw was $4.05. I mentioned that in passing to my mother in law and some guy overheard me telling her that and I had to give him directions to where that Exxon station was.

...I did not hear about Bobby Murcer until this morning because for some reason they did not put it on the news down there. Maybe they figured it would cut in with the Nascar report.

...And before I go any further, R.I.P. Mr. Murcer. Thanks for being a Yankee.

...At least Bobby Murcer put up a fight to try and beat this cancer that eventually claimed him. The Yankees haven't been fighting all year. They're a 200 million dollar group of overpaid quitters.

...Enjoy the All-Star game this year Yankee fans. This gutless team won't be playing in October. And I want to be wrong.

...Vacation this week for me. I need it.

-The only good thing about the All-Star week will be the HR derby, other than the HR's all the players will be wearing uniforms with Yankee colors (except for A-Rod who is probably going to wear a suit like in '07)

-I'm sorry to sound anti-Red Sox but if the AL loses this year I'll blame the Red Sox because only Manny should be there, not Varitek, not Ortiz, just Manny and you guys out there know it's true.

Updated to 7-20

...This was a great vacation. Sure, it flew by, but it was a wonderful vacation. It gave me the chance to watch the entire All-Star game on Tuesday night. If I was working, I'd have never come close to the 15th inning.

...A lot of us here spent the final innings in the chat area talking about the game. The chat area's pretty fun and everyone is welcome to go there. But I should give you one warning if you do: at any given moment you can be Rickrolled. I've fallen for it a few times already. :?

...In a few hours, people are supposed to come over my house to put a shed up. They were supposed to be here on Wednesday and then Friday. Each time they canceled. We'll see if they show up now.

...Last week also brought back the returns of two of my favorite shows on the USA Network, Monk and Psych. And I'm also getting into watching Burn Notice and In Plain Sight.

...Went to see the movie Wanted last night. It was ok. It had too much violence though. All in all, I think people would enjoy it.

...Sure, Michelle Wie is hot, but she's an airhead too because she forgot to sign her scorecard. Which in golf is a major no-no.

...As for Brett Favre, *&%^ him. The guy retires a few months back and then changes his mind and he expects to automatically get his starting job back? Something tells me that the Packers noticed something wrong with Favre, something physically I mean, and that is what is actually stopping them from letting him come back.

...Mark Cuban put in a bid to buy the Cubs? That ought to be interesting.

...The way I see it, Richie Sexson can't do any worse in the Yankee lineup than Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera have been all year.

...I'm not really worried too much about Sexson, it's the Matsui situation that is bothering me. I don't like this Barry Bonds talk.

...The way I see it, Richie Sexson can't do any worse in the Yankee lineup than Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera have been all year.

...I'm not really worried too much about Sexson, it's the Matsui situation that is bothering me. I don't like this John Dowd talk.

Richie Sexson sucks, but Cano has done very well in the last 2 games and Cabrera had a multi-hit game yesterday.

Barroids in a Yankee uniform = meh

Richie Sexson sucks, but Cano has done very well in the last 2 games and Cabrera had a multi-hit game yesterday.

Yeah, he's done very well in the past two games. That means we should just forget how he mailed it in and quit on the team in April, May, June and half of July.

Yeah, he's done very well in the past two games. That means we should just forget how he mailed it in and quit on the team in April, May, June and half of July.

I wasn't saying that. I'm just saying that he can get hot in the 2nd half. And don't forget that he is still a great defensive 2B.

Updated to 7-27

...Ok Yankees, you got your two guys. Now let's not make any other trades. Up until July 31st, I am going to be very worried.

...The thing I am concerned about with the trade the Yankees made to get Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte from Pittsburgh is losing Jose Tabata. I thought this guy was a future star for the Yankees and it's tough to let something like that go.

...I hope that they don't trade for pitching help before this trade deadline is up because there is some pitching depth coming back to the team very soon. Phil Hughes and Chien Ming Wang will be back, Ian Kennedy has been doing well down in AAA, Brian Bruney will be coming back soon and Carl Pavano is on his way back.

...With the acquisition of Nady, does this mean Bobby Abreu's days are numbered?

...I have no doubt that if Joba Chamberlain ever has to give Kevin Youkilis an intentional walk that Youkilis would cry and moan that Chamberlain was throwing at him in that situation also. Youkilis is nothing but a complainer, from sunup to sundown.

...I sure miss having Fuzzone around here, among many others over the years.

...I work near an apartment complex and this week the landscaping people put down mulch there. The odd part about it was that it had a terrible smell to it, kind of like a vinegar smell. Imagine smelling that on a hot summer day when there's no way you can escape from it. And I have no idea why it smelled like that. I've seen mulch put down in many places and it never had an odor. Until now.

...There's nothing like being caught in the rain during a summer shower, provided of course you are near your home so you can go change as soon as it's done. :lol:

...NFL training camps opened this week and the Buffalo Bills once again are training at St. John Fisher college, a school not that far from where I live. Maybe ten minutes or so. I've never seen the Bills practice once. Why should I? I'm an Oakland fan.

...Ron Guidry will be at Frontier Field on Monday the 28th. I am on the fence about going there and getting his autograph.

...My next entry in this thread will be after the month of July is done. This has been a very fast month, like always. :( August will fly by too.

"...I have no doubt that if Joba Chamberlain ever has to give Kevin Youkilis an intentional walk that Youkilis would cry and moan that Chamberlain was throwing at him in that situation also. Youkilis is nothing but a complainer, from sunup to sundown."

atleast he has heart unlike that fat pr**k joba. he is nothing but an ignorant yankee just like everyone else on that damn team. you would kill to have a player like youkolis on your team and you know it

Hey Y4L, it it's not too big a drive, I'd go grab Ron's autograph. It's sad to think this, but you never know when your next chance will be, if you get one at all.

As for you, tfoley427, you're an embarrassment to Red Sox fans everywhere. Get a life, and a clue.

Hey Y4L, it it's not too big a drive, I'd go grab Ron's autograph. It's sad to think this, but you never know when your next chance will be, if you get one at all.

As for you, tfoley427, you're an embarrassment to Red Sox fans everywhere. Get a life, and a clue.

Mark, it's not that far of a drive. But the trouble is the timing of it. I get out of work at 4:30 (if I finish on time) and by the time I get home and shower up, it will be past 5 pm. By the time the wife gets home, it will be close to 6 pm. And there is always a long line for popular players like this. Hell, the line for Jim Kaat was unbearable. Gates open at 6 and they only sign for an hour or so. I'd have to be there around five just to stand in line.

"...I have no doubt that if Joba Chamberlain ever has to give Kevin Youkilis an intentional walk that Youkilis would cry and moan that Chamberlain was throwing at him in that situation also. Youkilis is nothing but a complainer, from sunup to sundown."

atleast he has heart unlike that fat pr**k joba. he is nothing but an ignorant yankee just like everyone else on that **** team. you would kill to have a player like youkolis on your team and you know it

I agree 100%, although I would have put it a little more tastefully.

Mark, it's not that far of a drive. But the trouble is the timing of it. I get out of work at 4:30 (if I finish on time) and by the time I get home and shower up, it will be past 5 pm. By the time the wife gets home, it will be close to 6 pm. And there is always a long line for popular players like this. Hell, the line for Jim Kaat was unbearable. Gates open at 6 and they only sign for an hour or so. I'd have to be there around five just to stand in line.

Ouch...yeah, that sucks. :(