Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

Updated to 11-9

...I am sure I am speaking for many when I say that I am very happy this election stuff is all over with. Between the presidential and the local ones, I had enough.

...Ok, I read about fights every day, but when Monks fight, it's going to make the news. You just don't expect to hear about stuff like that. I think the real reason why they started to fight was that one of them sneaked in a hip-hop CD and started playing it, which caused the fight.

...Of course, I'll give hip-hop fans like MarkB equal time for a rebuttal. :lol:

...I am still at the stage of muting all the Christmas commercials I see on TV because I still think it's too early for this sh**.

...I got relatives here this weekend from out of town. I'm up early doing my random thoughts because everyone's still asleep. These people are night owls who go to bed very late. What's on my mind is that I am wondering if they are going to ask us to go down there for Thanksgiving in a few weeks. :(

...If I do, my laptop goes with me this time and I'm going to install a few season mods on it. I got to have something to do while they are out shopping on Black Friday.

...I was kind of disappointed to see Willie Randolph go to the Brewers as a bench coach because I was kind of hoping he'd come back to the Yankees for that same position.

...Although I understand they have other things on their mind. Given the choice of Texiera or Sabathia, I would take Mark Texiera.

...It's easy watching football these past few years when you are a Raider fan because you know your season ends in October.

...Pay no attention to that rumor of Kraw joining Obama's staff. Many people were worried about this because it could have meant the cancellation of Mvp 09.

Updated to 11-16

...Either I'm the only one that's got a random thought around here lately or else I'm the only one who hasn't been busy. :wink:

...Every time my wife watches the QVC channel I get nervous.

...Why are the Yankees overbidding on CC Sabathia? Why are they bidding at all? Stay in the National League.

...Honestly, I am not even sold on the other free agent pitchers the Yankees are drooling at (Derek Lowe and AJ Burnett.)

...Take care Darrell Rasner and enjoy Japan. At least for a time last season you did a good job (which was more than I can say for Robinson Cano) but towards the end you were terrible.

...I was in YankeexDev territory a few nights back when my wife wanted to go to the village of Webster because they have a Friendly's restaurant there. Webster's a fine place and I enjoy it every time I go there but I hate Friendly's because it is always wall to wall three year olds each time I walk in there. Also, it was a 20 minute wait to sit down. I'm not a big fan of ice cream in the first place so I have no problem avoiding this place.

...This next random thought is for YankeexDev too. Have you tried Five Guys burgers in Henrietta? It's not a bad place, decent prices and food but the only drawback is that it's located in Henrietta, which of course is the most highly congested areas in the city. I avoid Henrietta at all costs.

...Just to let you all know, every time I go out I don't go to some place to get something to eat. Why just this morning when I left the house before I started posting in this thread I went to go get the paper. :lol:

...It's freezing out today, I just let the dogs out and while I was out there I realized how much I miss not having baseball around. You never are aware how much you miss something until it's gone and not part of your every day life.

...Next week, on vacation. It has been a long time coming.

I try to avoid Friendly's if I can. The place is too small I think even though they created more seating in the back. I usually go to Martinos, Tom Wahls or Bill Grays if I go out to eat.

My mom told me about that burger place before but I never went there. I am in Henrietta every day of the week thought since I go to college at MCC (You must of heard that stabbing last week). I can't stand the traffic in Henrietta it is horrible, it takes forever to get around.

My mom told me about that burger place before but I never went there. I am in Henrietta every day of the week thought since I go to college at MCC (You must of heard that stabbing last week). I can't stand the traffic in Henrietta it is horrible, it takes forever to get around.

Yes, I heard about the stabbing but I don't know any of the details. Good luck in school.

And try that place out if you get a chance. It's really nice.

- Posting this a day early because I don't know if I'll be on here tommorrow

- Cooking a "Fakegiving" dinner tomorrow. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pies, and all that fun stuff gluten free. I did this because I was invited to a gluten-filled thanksgiving so I'll likely be hungry on Thursday. Hopefully the Cowboys lose.

- Guns N Roses' "Chinese Democracy" arrives at midnight and Axl was nice enough to have the album uploaded on his myspace. For 17 years in the making there isn't even 17 minutes of great music. The songs don't suck, but there's nothing special as evident in the leaks. The title track is nice and Shackler's Revenge is sweet but that's about it.

- Was Phil Hughes even born when "Appetite for Destruction" came out?

- Will Phil Hughes be out of baseball when Guns 'N Roses' next album comes out?

- Sabathia really does not want 140 million dollars. At least we can say he wasn't about the money. Good for him, I'm not sure he could hold up, and if he could it'd be a bitter pill to swallow to pay 23 million a year for a better version of David Wells minus the hangovers.

I'll post them now (for the first time ever) because it's already sunday here in germany

- What a huge win by Penn State earlier today. I can't wait for the Rose Bowl

- I wonder what will happen if the Yankees can't sign either Sabathia, Lowe or Burnett. MLBTradeRumours.com has a good article.

- I watched the Arizona Fall League championchip game and there were some good players on both teams.

- I found some interest in creating/updating portraits over the last 2 weeks.

- I'm already pissed off that christmas stuff. It's still more than 1 month and thise christmas things are overall.

- We had snow for the first time this winter today.

- Guns N Roses' "Chinese Democracy" arrives at midnight and Axl was nice enough to have the album uploaded on his myspace. For 17 years in the making there isn't even 17 minutes of great music. The songs don't suck, but there's nothing special as evident in the leaks. The title track is nice and Shackler's Revenge is sweet but that's about it.

Haven't heard Chinese Democracy yet but I can't imagine anything special, even if it did take 17 years to come up with. The important part about Chinese Democracy is http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081120/ap_on_...roses_dr_pepper

Getting a iPhone 3G soon to replace my iPhone since I'm switching to AT & T instead of T-Mobile for business expenses. Yay GPS and 3G speeds. (Sean O's in love with these sentiments)

I'm getting sick of coding... and this semester...

Oklahoma is getting their asses handed to 'em on a silver platter.

Watching 30 Rock, gonna see how well that goes, it's good so far. I just caught up on all my shows now.

I slept way too late today...

Updated to 11-23

...I've never heard of anyone having a gluten free Thanksgiving Swingin Soriano, but I hope you enjoy it. Also, I hope the Cowboys lose too. I've been a Cowboy hater since way back.

...After all this time I have put Guns n Roses out of my mind. Seventeen years is way too long to go without releasing anything new. They'll never recapture the sound they had from the Appetite for Destruction that really made them what they are, or I should say were.

...I'm on vacation as I write this. I have not been on one since the middle of July and I feel great. I'll be gone at the end of the week because I'll be out of town for the holiday at my wife's hometown. I should have Internet access though so I'll be ok.

...I better have Internet access down there because the games on TV that day are going to suck. In case you don't know the NFL Thanksgiving schedule, here it is. Read it and yawn. Game one is Tennessee at Detroit. Tennessee will only win by 30 or 40 points. Next is Seattle at Dallas. Another two teams I don't give a *&^% about. And at 8:15 pm on the NFL Network it is Arizona at Philadelphia. At least the improving Cardinals may make this game worth tuning in. The sad part is that a lot of people don't have the NFL Network. I have it because I have DirectTV. It's not that bad.

...I noticed that Wikipedia has a goal of six million dollars for donations. Good luck with that.

...Snow came early this year around here as we got hit every day this week with the white stuff. You should see the people every year that apparently have forgotten how to drive in this weather. They're the ones who go off the side of the road or hit a stop sign and they don't know why.

...This also goes for people that try to shovel their driveway and fall down right on their knee that they recently had surgery on. I will not give you the name of the person that did this since I am sworn to secrecy. :)

...I love Jennifer Love Hewitt and her show Ghost Whisperer.

...It's nice to see that the Yankees appointed Hal Steinbrenner in charge of the team and it's also refreshing to see that they seem to be using their heads when it comes to the free agents this year.

...I was originally upset to find out that Dustin Pedroia was named MVP but after thinking about it I had a change of heart. It's not that I'm happy he won it. Hell no. I'm just hoping that Robinson Cano was paying attention to this because Cano is supposed to be a better hitter and fielder than Pedroia but he sure as hell doesn't act like it. He may be a better player than Pedroia but Pedroia plays the game a lot better than that lazy SOB and truth be told, I'd rather have Pedroia playing second base for the Yankees instead of that sack of crap that is out there right now.

...Time to go enjoy my vacation. Everyone have a great week and a wonderful holiday!!

Updated to 11-30

...Came back home last night from the Thanksgiving holiday that we spent out of town. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

...Every time I complain about going to work I can say I could have it worse. I could be having time off and be down at my wife's hometown. I have never spent a fun and interesting day down there.

...My wife and her two sisters and their mother were looking through the ads on Thanksgiving day like they were battle plans. Not one thing was missed.

...I did not go near a store on Black Friday.

...What economic recession? We drove into the Waterloo Premium Outlet Mall (a place that has over 100 stores) on the way back home to pick up something and that place was full. I wanted to get out of there as quick as possible.

...The games that I watched (the Detroit and the Dallas game) were terrible. I did not watch the Cardinal one. The Detroit Lions ruin every Thanksgiving.

...A middle finger is extended to all the tractor trailer drivers on the New York state Thruway last night. Those selfish *&*()^& acted like they were the only ones out there. What a profession! If you are an as*****, you can drive a truck.

...On Wednesday when I left town I got gas for $2.15. When I got home it was down to $2.09. That's nice!

...Why did Plaxico Burress have a gun with him in a nightclub and why was he so stupid to shoot himself in the leg? You know darn well the Giants are going to get rid of him now.

...Best of luck to Lane Kiffin, the new head coach of the University of Tennessee.

Updated to 12-7

...It's now sixty-seven years since the attack on Pearl Harbor and to me this is as much a day of reflection as September 11 is. I've been at the Memorial a few times myself when I lived out there and believe me it is quite a site to see. RIP.

...Yes I regret leaving Oahu.

...At least today is good for HFLR, since he's celebrating his birthday today. Happy Birthday Hector and I hope you have a wonderful day! Other major league players that were born on your birthday were Johnny Bench, Tino Martinez, Eric Chavez and Ryan Theriot, just to name a few.

...I hope there's not going to be any fuss about A-Rod wanting to play for the Dominican team in the World Baseball Classic. I'm not really concerned about this at all. First of all, who gives a *&%$ about the WBC? Secondly, it may be funny to watch all the Dominican fans get bent out of shape after they see A-Rod choke every time he's at bat and there's a runner on in scoring position because we know daaaaammmnnn well he's not going to do anything.

...Missing persons alert: MarkB's gone and can't be found. The best admin on this website hasn't been around lately. I blame the hip-hop music.

...The speculation about whether Sabathia will go to the Yankees or not is something you deal with during the off-season because there's not much news to begin with. But at least you can hope a decision is made soon. What I really want is someone (like Philadelphia) to scoop up AJ Burnett. They deserve some bad luck.

...I got to go Christmas shopping soon and I dread it. For someone who hates crowds, this is a tough thing to do.

...Hey, it could be worse, right? I could be working at a place like Walmart and I've have to deal with it every day.

...Cheers for DJEagles being home now and reunited with his family after being gone for some time working out of town. Good luck with your new baby!

...If I hear "The Twelve Days of Christmas" one more time I am going to break something.

Updated to 12-14

...A big welcome back to MarkB, who's been gone since November 15th. I was worried because I thought his neighbors finally got so fed up of having to listen to that hip-hop music that they banded together and got rid of poor guy because of it.

...Ouch. That's what I said on the 11th when I got my latest cortisone shot in my knee. I can't stress more to you guys here to take care of your knees so you won't have these problems. End of lecture.

...It was a slow night here at Mvpmods last night. How slow? SeanO did not release a stadium. :D

...Every time I play in a new ballpark that one of the modders makes it is like playing a brand new game. I love this game.

...There's ten shopping days left until Christmas. Good. I just want this done.

...No matter how well you plan for this holiday you always end up forgetting to do something. Right now I'm ok, but I still got a lot of time to mess it up. :whistle:

...Forgive me if I hold back any praise for the signings of Sabathia and Burnett to the Yankees. Games have to be won on the field. The offense is still the same and that's inconsistent. I refuse to get excited about this team until I see results that show me that I should be.

...I still think Mark Teixeira is a key signing for them and he's the one I'd really want.

...I'm hoping the Detroit Lions don't go winless this year.

...Are Blu-Ray players worth it? Can anyone tell the difference?