Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Yankee4Life

Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 12-22

Updated to 12-7

...It's now sixty-seven years since the attack on Pearl Harbor and to me this is as much a day of reflection as September 11 is. I've been at the Memorial a few times myself when I lived out there and believe me it is quite a site to see. RIP.

...Yes I regret leaving Oahu.

...At least today is good for HFLR, since he's celebrating his birthday today. Happy Birthday Hector and I hope you have a wonderful day! Other major league players that were born on your birthday were Johnny Bench, Tino Martinez, Eric Chavez and Ryan Theriot, just to name a few.

...I hope there's not going to be any fuss about A-Rod wanting to play for the Dominican team in the World Baseball Classic. I'm not really concerned about this at all. First of all, who gives a *&%$ about the WBC? Secondly, it may be funny to watch all the Dominican fans get bent out of shape after they see A-Rod choke every time he's at bat and there's a runner on in scoring position because we know daaaaammmnnn well he's not going to do anything.

...Missing persons alert: MarkB's gone and can't be found. The best admin on this website hasn't been around lately. I blame the hip-hop music.

...The speculation about whether Sabathia will go to the Yankees or not is something you deal with during the off-season because there's not much news to begin with. But at least you can hope a decision is made soon. What I really want is someone (like Philadelphia) to scoop up AJ Burnett. They deserve some bad luck.

...I got to go Christmas shopping soon and I dread it. For someone who hates crowds, this is a tough thing to do.

...Hey, it could be worse, right? I could be working at a place like Walmart and I've have to deal with it every day.

...Cheers for DJEagles being home now and reunited with his family after being gone for some time working out of town. Good luck with your new baby!

...If I hear "The Twelve Days of Christmas" one more time I am going to break something.

Tomorrow it will be 28 years

Lennon?

No I am 20 but his music is still amazing and to think that if he was still alive what he could have created today. It was a loss in the music industry in general and those kind of things tend to be a ripple effect.

I knew the date, that's why I said don't remind me of it.

Updated to 12-14

...A big welcome back to MarkB, who's been gone since November 15th. I was worried because I thought his neighbors finally got so fed up of having to listen to that hip-hop music that they banded together and got rid of poor guy because of it.

...Ouch. That's what I said on the 11th when I got my latest cortisone shot in my knee. I can't stress more to you guys here to take care of your knees so you won't have these problems. End of lecture.

...It was a slow night here at Mvpmods last night. How slow? SeanO did not release a stadium. :D

...Every time I play in a new ballpark that one of the modders makes it is like playing a brand new game. I love this game.

...There's ten shopping days left until Christmas. Good. I just want this done.

...No matter how well you plan for this holiday you always end up forgetting to do something. Right now I'm ok, but I still got a lot of time to mess it up. :whistle:

...Forgive me if I hold back any praise for the signings of Sabathia and Burnett to the Yankees. Games have to be won on the field. The offense is still the same and that's inconsistent. I refuse to get excited about this team until I see results that show me that I should be.

...I still think Mark Teixeira is a key signing for them and he's the one I'd really want.

...I'm hoping the Detroit Lions don't go winless this year.

...Are Blu-Ray players worth it? Can anyone tell the difference?

Yes you can tell the difference, it's like watching real life, compared to living real life, dvd vs blu-ray that is.

Why are you hoping the Lions don't go winless? Want that first pick again? ;)

...Are Blu-Ray players worth it? Can anyone tell the difference?

I can't tell you if they're "worth it" because only you can decide how much you want to spend on entertainment stuff...

...but if you have an HD-TV/Flat-Panel... you are definately able to tell the difference. It's not that DVD is poor quality... it's just that BluRay is crazy detailed.

For me, it wouldn't be worth it, because i don't really ever watch movies at home... But if you watch a lot of movies and such, and you care about them being in HD, then it probably is worth it.

- HD is overrated.

- I want Teixeira too, instead Burnett will be keeping Pavano's spot warm on the DL.

- CC will join him in 2 - 3 years

- I got some gas in Hershey PA for $1.59 yesterday, and had a picture taken of it. I have to get an IRA going and invest in oil...

Like honestly, i'm so fed up with everyone saying Marinelli is a good coach, he's not, if he was, we wouldn't be 0-14, I don't care if he works hard, he chose all of these players and none of them can perform, so he better be out of Detroit by next season.

Updated to 12-21

....Thank God. It's almost over. The best thing about Christmas for me is when it finally gets here and is all done.

...One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to watch "A Christmas Carol" or any version of it that is played on TV.

...I finished my shopping on Thursday night before the storm hit and I was lucky to do that. I go to a mall out in nearby Victor, New York called Eastview and they have wall to wall cars and traffic there even in the summer.

...I hope everyone who is unlucky like me to live here in the eastern part of the country was able to dig themselves out of that storm we got on Friday. Here's a sad thought: It's not even officially winter yet on the calendar. This is just a sneak preview of it. :cry:

....Do I really have to say how much I envy you guys who don't live in this area?

...Playing MVP is really going to help me get through this winter, just like it did last year. Last winter was easier though because I was home with my knee surgery.

...Don't count me in as someone who's doing backflips because the Yankees got Sabathia and Burnett. I still see holes in that lineup. I don't trust the Yankee hitters and I hate the second baseman.

...One thing I'm wondering about something the Mets did. If they went out and signed a closer in Frankie Rodriguez, why did they have to go and trade for another one in JJ Putz?

...Manny, go back to the Dodgers, ok?

...Aww, the Cowboys lost yesterday. That sucks. I'm sure timay, wherever he is, has a few good excuses thought up already.

... It's about 0 degrees here with the windchill. That's Farenheit, not Centigrade.

F*cking sick, first time in a while... and yes, the weather is 5 below brick around here too, f*cking east coast winters.

Y4L, Eastview mall is the best mall in the area but I know what you mean with the traffic issue there. Forget about going to Greece Ridge (too much violence), Medley Mall (haha) or Marketplace (Its not too bad)

What I like that is in that mall is a huge collectors paradise store and that New York City tour store near the Carousal. But I try and stay away from Eastview as much as I can.

I believe tonight our area will get 6 inches, even worse near where I live. I live in the village but I still get tons of snow.

I am glad I do not go back to college until January 21st and I go three days a week now.

I am getting the itch back into baseball season and spring time so I can play baseball again.

... How 'bout them Lions. The Lions are just another reason for America to chalk up another one in the loss column for the city of Detroit.

I was going to get upset, because, granted, the Lions may suck, but I don't like "outsiders" insulting Detroit, then I realized you live in or near Detroit also, and could share my pity....The Wings are the only thing that gives this city "some" hope..