Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Yankee4Life

Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 12-22

bg19w.gif

OH. MY. GOD.

Yes, that was hysterical. While watching it live, I turned to my friends and said "Wow. That camera man just got a black eye at the same time Bruce Springsteen ruptured a testicle. Explain that to the doctors."

OH. MY. GOD.

Yes, that was hysterical. While watching it live, I turned to my friends and said "Wow. That camera man just got a black eye at the same time Bruce Springsteen ruptured a testicle. Explain that to the doctors."

Ever heard of zooming. Cause apparently that guy didn't

Updated to 2-8

...This is the week that the pitchers and catchers report. We've all been waiting for this. But now with the Alex Rodriguez mess, this is going to be back page news. :(

...I want 103 other names to have the same treatment as Rodriguez is getting.

...And if any of those 103 names are Red Sox players I want to see the high and mighty fans of that team rip apart those players just as bad as they have done to Alex Rodriguez yesterday on this website. Doubtful that will happen of course. Every one of you non Yankee fans that gave me &*%$ yesterday about this enjoyed that this happened to a Yankee player, even though he was on another team at the time. Trust me, if it comes out that one of your Red Sox or Cardinal players are named, you'll be hearing from me.

...I'm wondering if people are actually seeing the damage this news has brought? This test that was done in 2003 was supposed to be anonymous. Not even the players were supposed to know. The results of this test were sealed and put away. Until someone had to go to the media about it. When the current bargaining agreement runs out between the players and owners, don't you think this incident is going to create a greater rift, a greater mistrust between the two parties?

...As I said in the Yankee thread, all I am really concerned about this Alex Rodriguez news is how this is going to detract the Yankees when spring training starts. All I can see is the reporters bothering them about A-Rod and then about the Joe Torre book. I don't like it. I'm a fan of that team and I want them to be able to do their work down in Florida so they can have a good year. I'm more concerned about the season.

...Enough of that stuff. I've had more than my say.

...Hazel Mae serves no purpose on the MLB network except that she looks good.

...But Bob Costas does. Good hire by MLB. He knows his baseball.

...Please, please and PLEASE go to this website right here and check out this TV show. It's called My Big Redneck Wedding and I just happened to catch it on TV last week. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. The commentary by Tom Arnold is hilarious. And there's a link on that page to watching the videos of the shows. There's nothing funnier than a redneck.

...For the first time in my life, I've been having a hard time sleeping. That's because I've been home the past few weeks waiting to go back to work. Not even the tried and true remedy of watching whatever is on the Christian Broadcasting Network has been able to put me to sleep.

...Today's the Pro Bowl. Yeah, I know. So what? :lol: :lol:

Bill Reynolds projo.com (Before the A-rod steroid story broke)

• Michael Phelps is just the latest superstar to get caught doing something stupid.

Rest assured, he won’t be the last.

But the real problem?

The real problem is us.

We’re the ones who continue to make role models out of athletes, the ones who keep worshiping false gods. Which doesn’t mean we can’t learn from athletes — things like work ethic, having goals, overcoming obstacles. Athletes have many lessons to teach us. But they are what they do, nothing more.

That should be enough.

It’s we who always try to make it more.

• Here it is less than a week later, and I can’t remember one Super Bowl commercial.

• You know everything’s for sale, Bunky, when instead of playing H-O-R-S-E at the NBA All-Star Game three players will do a shooting game that will be called G-E-I-C-O. Honest.

• Springsteen had more energy in his halftime show than many NBA players have in a week.

• There are a lot of good ballplayers still unsigned on this eve of spring training, as the economic mess starts to impact baseball, too.

• Did we really think A-Rod and Madonna were going to live happily ever after in a little cottage with a white picket fence?

• Ben Roethlisberger can look like a linebacker playing quarterback, and never look real pretty doing it, but he made the big plays Sunday when he had to.

• Would you give Pedro a contract?

• In February of 1958, Ted Williams, then 38, signed a one-year deal worth $135,000, which made him the highest-paid player in the game. The year before, he hit .388 with 38 home runs. Now guys who couldn’t carry Williams’ bats want multiyear deals worth millions.

• Did you see where the Diamondbacks signed 41-year-old Tom Gordon? What’s the matter, Dizzy Dean wasn’t available?

• A story in The New York Daily News last week said that Manny, who has made more than $160 million in his career, has never given a dime to either his high school baseball program or the youth league in Brooklyn he also came of age in.

• Is Arsenio Hall in the Witness Protection Program, or what?

• Yes, the Yankees have reloaded, but I still have my doubts.

• The problem with Rhode Island is we think a stimulus package is having a cousin who works for the state.

• And getting a deal down the beach on some chowder and six clam cakes.

Where the hell in RI do you live fenway because I don't think that at all and I do have relatives who work for the state.

Where the hell in RI do you live fenway because I don't think that at all and I do have relatives who work for the state.

It's not my comment, Bill Reynolds wrote it in his weekly "For what it's Worth" column in the Providence Journal, and I'm sure it was meant as a joke. (Maybe).

I don't live in RI any more, but I was born and raised there. I still have family there, so I still keep up with the local news.

...And if any of those 103 names are Red Sox players I want to see the high and mighty fans of that team rip apart those players just as bad as they have done to Alex Rodriguez yesterday on this website. Doubtful that will happen of course. Every one of you non Yankee fans that gave me &*%$ yesterday about this enjoyed that this happened to a Yankee player, even though he was on another team at the time. Trust me, if it comes out that one of your Red Sox or Cardinal players are named, you'll be hearing from me.

You haven't been paying much attention, have you?

Mark McGwire.

Fernando Vina.

Jason Christiansen.

Juan Gonzalez.

Juan Rincon.

Gary Bennett.

Cody McKay.

Troy Glaus.

Rick Ankiel.

Larry Bigbie.

Ron Villone.

I'm sure there are many more.

...and Pujols was reported by local STL media as appearing on the Mitchell report. There was, of course, a frenzy, and Cubs fans were all over this board freaking out (with glee). Then it turned out the story was a fabrication, and Pujols was not implicated. Whoops. The retraction story didn't get as much play as the false original story - hence, I encounter people all the time that still think Pujols was on the Mitchell Report. Go figure.

The steroid news has hit lots of other teams besides the vaunted Yankees, and the Cards have been particularly ripped apart because of the Front Office and Tony LaRussa's seeming indifference toward them.

The Rick Ankiel bomb came at the height of his feel-good comeback, and was one of the primary contributing factors to the team dropping out of the playoff hunt that year (the entire team went flat).

I still don't understand how you think people are giving YOU crap about A-Rod. Hello? One of the top-two players in all of baseball just got exposed as a juicer. The other one of the top-two probably isn't clean either. It was major, major news. And I don't know what you think is happening in the media - I'm sure it's all over the place in NY and on ESPN - but here in Missouri - it was a five second blurb on the news and it was done. As I've said before - nobody really cares outside of the coasts and the ESPN editing room.

...Got a ps3 yesterday, mlb the show here I come!

...Add me to your friends list! id: wrigleyville33.

...Direct tv is awesome, there are so many hd channels, I don't know what to do with them.

...Jim Hendry is destroying a 97 win team last year, I honestly don't know what he's on.

...I hate basketball, hockey needs some more love on sportscenter.

...I'm going to go back to playing the show demo. Pirate and RaptorQuiz, I hope you guys get one, because we could have a pretty intense online league for everyone that plays the game here.

...I'm going to go back to playing the show demo. Pirate and RaptorQuiz, I hope you guys get one, because we could have a pretty intense online league for everyone that plays the game here.

I really want one. But I have yet to convince myself that I should be putting my tax return toward another toy (PS3) as opposed to knocking a chunk out of my car-payments. :)

...I got a PS3 on thrusday with the help of my girlfriend and i since getting The Show demo i haven't been able to stop playing it.

...I can't wait for ST to start, not long left :D

...My PSN ID is redsox-rick

...I want it to stop snowing and for it to melt because a week of snow is way too much

Word to the wise - red wine, Bacardi, Captain Morgan, lemon juice, and coke DO NOT go together!

Word to the wise - red wine, Bacardi, Captain Morgan, lemon juice, and coke DO NOT go together!

WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL WERE YOU DOING?!

It started off as a small get-together, but it took a turn when the Bacardi and Captain Morgan bottles were taken out of the refrigerator. They should have known better than to dangle rum in front of me!

...Pitchers and catchers report in 3 days.

...And ST is going to start in about a month. I love baseball.

...And fantasy baseball is going to start in a couple of months. I love fantasy baseball :D

...I would love to see MLB 2K9 released in Europe. Unluckily, that's not gonna happen.

Hey Wrigleyville and Rookie Rick enjoy your PS3!! Hoping to land 1 very soon!! And a league from everyone on here would be kool B)

- I still don't get the outrage towards A-Rod. They seriously have to release all 103 names now that they broke anonymity.

- I don't understand how everyone has this wierd anger towards steroid users last year and now. Yeah, we were angry a few years ago when we thought it was just a select few like Barry and Big Mac who were gaining a competitive advantage over the rest of the poor players...but we are finding out that EVERYONE was doing it. I wouldn't put it past MLB to find out that Pujols, or Ortiz or anybody else got caught using, or had used it, even once or twice. A lot of the people who managed to snag some of this stuff got caught by leaving a paper trail. I'm assuming that is how Griffey got off free ;)

- I'd like to make a PS3 thread, but there is a video game thread already full of 360 discussion.

- Learning C++ takes a lot of patience...

- ...DJing is a little harder.

- The Grammys sucked. Other than Daft Punk winning two awards, it was meh.

It started off as a small get-together, but it took a turn when the Bacardi and Captain Morgan bottles were taken out of the refrigerator. They should have known better than to dangle rum in front of me!

:lol:

Well I for one am excited that Pitchers and Catchers reported yesterday. Cant wait for this thing to get started up. I am eagerly awaiting the release of MLB 09 The Show, from what I have seen from the demo this is going to be the best thing since MVP 05.

Well I for one am excited that Pitchers and Catchers reported yesterday. Cant wait for this thing to get started up. I am eagerly awaiting the release of MLB 09 The Show, from what I have seen from the demo this is going to be the best thing since MVP 05.

We definitely need to start a league once this baby comes out. Would anyone be up for being the comish?

We definitely need to start a league once this baby comes out. Would anyone be up for being the comish?

I nominate Trues, since he ran TheShowFiles until he decided to reorganize some things. :)

Oh, side note: I am over 50% of the way to my PS3-Fund goal. :) I got $120 just out of rolling the quarters I had in a jar, lol.

...if anyone wants to contribute their OWN money to the RaptorQuiz PS3 Fund, feel free to PM me to donate. lol. :)

Assuming I get one relatively soon - I call dibs on the Cards in our online league. :)

I know last year you had to play at least 10 games before you could start a league, hopefully its not that way this year. But we should wait for a patch to come out before we start a league, I think. Play some scrimmages and stuff until the patch gets released. IMHO

I nominate Trues, since he ran TheShowFiles until he decided to reorganize some things. :)

Oh, side note: I am over 50% of the way to my PS3-Fund goal. :) I got $120 just out of rolling the quarters I had in a jar, lol.

...if anyone wants to contribute their OWN money to the RaptorQuiz PS3 Fund, feel free to PM me to donate. lol. :)

Assuming I get one relatively soon - I call dibs on the Cards in our online league. :)

You are so lucky. There are like three of us here wanting the cubs.

Look at the Cards roster. Even if I get the PS3, I don't expect to do well.

Oh, how much is The Show likely to cost?

Look at the Cards roster. Even if I get the PS3, I don't expect to do well.

Oh, how much is The Show likely to cost?

60 bucks plus tax most likely.