Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

...I talked with a guy that works in the Mexican Winter League website, he is close to the league comissioner, and he is looking for the possibility that the league will invite me to the "Cumbre del Beisbol Mexicano" in Hermosillo, Mexico. This is the anual meeting of the comissioner, guys that work in the media (ESPN, national tv, newspapers), some players, fans and most importantly the presidents and owners of some of the teams in the winter and summer leagues and the leagues comissioners.

They want to invite me to talk about the Caribe mod to them. Why we did it, how long we took to release it, the teams, leagues... Probably they will give me like a press pass that will allow me to take pictures of the 8 stadiums for the next season (if by some reason I can visit another stadium other than the one here in Obregon) and it will also allow me to be in the field in the Caribbean Series in February 2009 in Mexicali.

I'm so excited, this is going to be BIG!

Updated to 5-4

...When I was home and not working, I could watch the Yankees any time I wanted and they did lousy. Friday and Saturday I couldn't watch them and they win. Just my luck.

...While Phil Hughes hurting his rib cage is unfortunate, I still can't understand how he could not grasp that he had trouble seeing things from a distance all this time and that it was a problem.

...Makes me wonder though if Ian Kennedy has something wrong too.

...If the Yankees can stay close up until the All-Star break, then they have a chance. They can't rush A-Rod or Posada and Phil Hughes. If they can remain close, then it's possible they can overcome this. No other team gets as many injuries as this Yankee roster year after year.

...Let's see, Mindy McCready and John Daly's ex. That makes two. All Roger Clemens needs is to have seven more women come forward and he can field a starting nine.

...Honestly, I never heard of Mindy McCready until this story came out. I didn't know she was a country singer because I don't pay attention to country music at all because I hate it. But to look at her pictures now makes me wonder what the hell happened to her as compared to looking at pictures of her just ten years ago. She looks like she had most of her meals at the McDonald's drive through dollar menu.

...Correction. This right here is all I know about Country Music Stars. WOW.

...I'd love to know what Clemens' wife thinks of all this. She's not exactly hard on the eyes herself, which makes you wonder why Clemens did all this-and to be fair right now- if he did all this behind her back.

...Nice to know Microsoft gave up its bid to buy Yahoo recently. They would have ruined another part of the internet if they'd done that.

...Don't forget, next week is Mother's Day.

... I am loving The Offspring's new single, Hammerhead. I had heard it live when they played in Tokyo through the internet and know they have the studio version on the radio. Check it out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U9RlrNvLSY4

... I am still really liking this girl I know from work (if you saw the relationship thread).

... I missed both games too this weekend, Y4L. Lets hope Rasner can win it today while I watch.

Updated to 5-11

...You can always tell when you are back in the swing at things at work because then you start thinking about when your next vacation is.

...By the way, cortisone shots in your knee hurt.

...If you take Vicotin, it will knock you out. I promise.

...I'm glad the Yankees got a lot of money to play with, because they are taking a 46 million dollar bath with Kei Igawa. I can't even have the game on the TV when he's playing. Michael Kay in the booth and Igawa on the mound??? Are you kidding?

...Whoever said that this year is a transition year for the Yankees was 100% right. And that if anyone says that Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes are busts are just assuming things.

...The server move for this website is done and the access time is much improved for us all. And if you don't mind me giving a blatant plug for this site, any contribution to this site will be much appreciated by Trues.

...I wonder if gamebase was climbing the walls that day when no one could access the site during the move? He wasn't able to download anything for quite some time.

...That new Oldtime baseball Classic overlay makes Total Classics look even better. What a wonderful job by OTBjoel.

...Three cheers for Greg Maddux, who won his 350th game yesterday. He's one of baseball's good guys and one of the best pitchers I've even seen.

...Happy Mother's Day today for all the mothers out there.

Updated to 5-18

...It was another day yesterday and another Yankee loss. And I still can't get used to them.

...I wish I knew why the injury bug gets this team at the beginning of the year each and every time.

...Before we know it, two months of the season will be done and they'll have dug themselves such a big hole, the season will be finished for them.

...This is worth repeating. I've said many times that this is not a good hitting team. And damn them for proving it.

...That vicodin pill I take when I get out of work for knee pain is the strongest pill I've ever taken. In less than an hour, I'm out for the night. :(

...I wonder if Joe Morgan ever reads that website about him and I also wonder what he thinks about it? Because those guys that run that over there do one hell of a job tearing apart everything he says as well as the other sportswriters they feature too.

...Makes me wonder if someone will start a "Fire Michael Kay" website. I'll contribute to that.

...I was crying this week when I filled up my car because the price of gas was $3.97 a gallon. God knows what it is now, and you can be assured that when July gets here it will be even more. I'm lucky I don't have any kids because I can barely afford to fill up, get groceries and pay the other bills with what I made. I think that anyone who has a child at this time and is getting by should get a huge round of applause.

...On TV the other day I heard the actress say this: "I'd like a flat, white, coffee." Does anyone know what in the hell she was talking about? How can coffee be flat? And if you want some really nice coffee, try the Dark Roast coffee with any of the flavored creamers that are sold. You'll love it.

...Finally, on the subject of coffee, I've officially ended my boycott of Dunkin Donuts. I had stopped going there months ago when I found out from Sean O that Dunkin Donuts was a Boston-based company. Yeah I know, a crazy reason. But when I was given free coupons for iced tea and coffee from there, all was forgiven. :coffee: :oops: :)

...I hope Lebron James has the game of his life today.

Updated to 5-25

...Here we are entering our last full week of May and the New York Yankees have decided to start the 2008 season.

...Jason Giambi and Robinson Cano both got hits in the same game. The end of the world is near.

...This team isn't going to make a believer out of me until they go on a long stretch of playing ball like they are supposed to. I'm fed up with reading about how good of a team they have. I want to see it.

...I saw the new Indiana Jones movie on Friday night. I loved it. I won't be providing any plot spoilers for any of you because I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone. Since the first movie was released in 1981, I've been a big fan of Indy's.

...Not everyone liked the new Harrison Ford movie though. These guys didn't like it at all. Too bad!

...One preview I did see while at the theaters is there will be a new Mummy movie coming out on August 1st. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li will be in it. The movie website is right here.

...I'm sure all of you have seen King Kong but a few days ago I saw the version that is hardly shown on TV. The one made in 1933 is still shown a lot as well as the one from 2005 with Jack Black. But many don't know that there was also one from 1976 that featured Jessica Lange and Jeff Bridges. Instead of Kong climbing the Empire State Building in this version, he climbs the Twin Towers in New York. I have no idea why this is hardly shown on TV, but it's worth seeing.

...This summer the airlines found a new way to stick it to the consumers as they are going to be charging a fee for checked baggage. $15 for your first bag and $25 for your second bag. Never underestimate the ways the airlines can think of to screw you.

...Andruw Jones is really going to start helping the Dodgers now that he has been put on the disabled list.

...Those five gallon water bottles are much heavier than they look. :wtf:

Updated to 6-1

...I'm home alone this week while my wife is in Plano, Texas with her family visiting her sister who lives there. I didn't go for one very good reason. These trips out there consist of nothing but shopping and more shopping. I've been there twice with them in the past and that's more than enough for me.

...I was there in 2000 and again in 2005. I never saw three women get in as much shopping in one day as those three did. I had to go a few times "just to get out of the house and see the sights" but when I did, I just saw the sites of a mall. Thank you, not again.

...Finally, a big assist goes to my four little people, my dogs. Someone's got to stay home all alone and have fun and take care of them, wouldn't you agree? So, it's got to be me. I'll stay home, by myself to watch over them. Now, where's that number for Pizza Hut?

...Besides, with the updated releases of TC 1956 and TC 1978, I'll be really busy, right? :wink:

...I'd like to take the time out to thank Jim825 for these two updates and to also welcome him to the staff here once again.

...I'm getting excited about having Jorge Posada rejoin the Yankees very soon. With all the reports I have been reading, he's been throwing well and been having no pain. I think Jose Molina's done a great job, but Jorge is our starter.

...I don't care what his record is, but I can't stand watching a Chien-Ming Wang pitched game.

...I might have to buy that new Bobby Murcer book "Yankee for Life." What a nice name for a book title, don't you all think? :)

...To this day, I can't watch a Chico and the Man episode on TV without feeling a little bit sad.

...There's obviously some people in this country that have too much time on their hand if they have enough time to complain about the scarf that TV star Rachel Ray was wearing for a Dunkin Donuts commercial. Seems as if they didn't like black and white paisley scarf she had on. Sorry to say, but the same people who have too much time on their hands seem to have a lot of clout also, because they got the ad pulled. That's the big problem with this country. People like this who have nothing to do but complain about a scarf, have the influence to have the ad they don't like pulled off the air.

Here's a photo of that ad:

Updated to 6-8

...Well, that was a fast week. The wife comes home tonight (around 10:30 pm) and I got to go to the airport to pick her up.

...I didn't wash a dish all week. I had plastic knives, forks and spoons. I microwaved everything. The only time I used the sink was to get cold water for the dogs. I knew what I was doing.

...I've also made sure the house is very clean, but I left a few things around here and there to give her a reason to come home and point her finger and say "why didn't you do this?" By doing these intentional things, it gives them a sense of purpose when they arrive home and a feeling that "you just can't get along without them, even for a week." Even though this is the furthest from the truth, this needs to be done. This advice is given by me to everyone here. It is foolproof and failsafe.

...I think those "Real Men of Genius" beer commercials are funny.

...Horse racing to me is as exciting as Nascar or the NBA.

...Total Classics 9 has just been released this week. Along with the updates to TC '56 and '78, it's like hitting the trifecta.

...Speaking of Total Classics 9, beginning on this day random spot checking will be done by me to make sure that users have this mod downloaded and installed on their computers. Failure to do so will mean swift and severe punishment. :not:

...One thing about Total Classics 9 that I don't get (see how I'm linking it every chance I get?) is that I don't understand why the 1964 Kansas City Athletics (57-105, .352 winning percentage and finished 42 games out of first place) give me so much trouble. Every game I have played against them has not been easy.

...I give people like Hory (from New Zealand) and Mark (from Scotland) and others from other countries that are members of this board for knowing more about American politics than I do. Those guys know their stuff. All I know about politics is that I don't trust or believe a Democrat or Republican.

...Before I go on, let me give this salute to the New York Yankees:

...They make me sick. I haven't seen them play this bad since last year, when they were forced to make a late season run to make the playoffs just so they can lose once again in the first round. Chien Ming Wang needs a solid kick in the backside. Robinson Cano should be reminded that he got a huge pay raise and he should be playing like he got one instead of looking like a lazy good for nothing Soriano clone out there. This team can't put a winning streak together to save their lives. They haven't had one this year. Winning streaks are what other teams have, not this current Yankee team. One day the pitching is great and the hitting takes a day off. The next day, the reverse happens. All this adds up is a fourth place team at best.

....my first time in random Sunday thoughts thread, here goes.....

....today's my dad's birthday, so happy birthday to him, I got him 2 tickets to see billy joel's last performance at shea, so hope he likes those, nice on the field seats, about 10 rows from the stage.

....the mets are god awful, 3 2-1 losses in a row to the worst team in the NL, so what does that make us?

....I think I have a crush on a girl who, a.) is my best friend's sister b.) has a 4 year old kid (doesnt bother me much, I like kids) c.) her boyfriend who she had the kid with just got out of jail, funny thing i think she likes me too, i just dont know.

...stay tuned!

- I went to the phillies vs braves game at turner on friday. The game was unbelievable, especially when kelly johnson can't catch a fly ball...

- We flew my brother out yesturday, he is going to go be on the staff at a sports camp for kids in new york...

- Fifa 08 ftw, me and ronnie play that thing to death on live...

- Also, euro 08 ftw :) . Watching croatia and austria right now...

- Going to wrigley in two weeks, I can't wait, we are staying (for out hotel) two blocks away from wrigley...

Updated to 6-15

...Wow, the Yankees are now a season high three games over the .500 mark. Wonderful. Sure as hell took them long enough.

...I still like the Yankees future with their minor league talent waiting to come up to New York instead of their present.

...I nominate Robinson Cano for the Alfonso Soriano award in the American League this year. This award is given to the player who takes up the most time and space on a roster while contributing nothing.

...Speaking of the devil, the Cubs really should be going on a nice little run now that Soriano's sidelined for six weeks.

...It was nice to see Hideki Matsui rise to the occasion by hitting a grand slam on his birthday against the Athletics in Oakland the other night. That must have been pretty special for him. Just for laughs, I looked up Robinson Cano's birthday. It's October 22nd. So that means that the Yankees have to get deep into the post season this year just to see if this guy can copy what Matsui did. Cano can't get a hit in June. He sure as hell won't get one in October.

...I have not watched one second of the NBA Finals and I don't mind one bit.

...And if Boston manages to win this one too, just watch and see how many lifelong Celtics fans since October of 2007 come out of the woodwork around here.

...I liked the first three Indiana Jones movies combined better than the last one.

...The next movie I see will probably be the Hulk movie. I was thinking it is a good thing that I can't turn into the Hulk because if I could, a certain ballpark in Massachusetts would not be standing today. :shrug: :wink:

....From the "Just when you thought you read it all" Department: This woman is sentenced to five years in prison for branding her date's body with a piece of metal because the guy never called her again after he had sex with her. Nutcase.

...Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in here and to all your fathers and grandfathers, wherever they may be.

...I'm hopefully gonna see Don't Mess With The Zohan sometime this week. Keyword: hopefully.

...Cupid Shuffle has been stuck in my head for the past few days.

... All this drama this weekend. I am going to the final dance with a girl on Monday. So I asked her yesterday, "Are we still going to the dance?" and she said "yea i guess so", I have noticed that she has been with a guy(she went out with this guy earlier in the year) a lot lately. So I asked her and she didn't respond. I told my friend, and he said that she wants to with him, not me. So then I go and cuss her out because two days before the dance I find out that she wants to go with her ex. Then her friend calls me and says that I need to calm the **** down and that I shouldn't be yelling at her and she did say yes to me. I wasn't really buying it, because the friend was doing all the texting, the friend said that she really wanted to go with me. So now after all this, the girl I am going with I think is mad at me, and my friend's mad at me(I don't know why,lol).

My friend said that she might ask me if she can dance with the other guy, if she does, I'm ditching ther.lol

...Viva La Vida by Coldplay owns.

...Hashbrowns own

Updated to 6-15

...The next movie I see will probably be the Hulk movie. I was thinking it is a good thing that I can't turn into the Hulk because if I could, a certain ballpark in Massachusetts would not be standing today. :shrug: :wink:

So basically it would be one Green Monster against another?

...I'm hopefully gonna see Don't Mess With The Zohan sometime this week. Keyword: hopefully.

...Cupid Shuffle has been stuck in my head for the past few days.

... All this drama this weekend. I am going to the final dance with a girl on Monday. So I asked her yesterday, "Are we still going to the dance?" and she said "yea i guess so", I have noticed that she has been with a guy(she went out with this guy earlier in the year) a lot lately. So I asked her and she didn't respond. I told my friend, and he said that she wants to with him, not me. So then I go and cuss her out because two days before the dance I find out that she wants to go with her ex. Then her friend calls me and says that I need to calm the **** down and that I shouldn't be yelling at her and she did say yes to me. I wasn't really buying it, because the friend was doing all the texting, the friend said that she really wanted to go with me. So now after all this, the girl I am going with I think is mad at me, and my friend's mad at me(I don't know why,lol).

My friend said that she might ask me if she can dance with the other guy, if she does, I'm ditching ther.lol

...Viva La Vida by Coldplay owns.

...Hashbrowns own

You need to learn some respect. You're cussing a high-school girl out over a dance? It's bad enough that you're doing it anyway, but over something so minor and unimportant is crazy.

As for my random thoughts, I have too many to post about. Trues would need to get another new server to contain a random thoughts post from me just now.

Y4L, I worded that wrong. Lol, I wasn't cussing her out, I was just kinda like mad and yelling at her in my texts.

Ha, you're full of crap. lol

...I'm exctited to see what sweet Lou comes up with, due to the injury of Soriano.

...I'm tired of all these stupid super hero remakes, hulk, batman, and all of them are going to be crappy as the first.

...I went white water rafting yesturday, funniest thing I've done in awhile.

...Same day I went to one of my friends 16th, there was alcohol there, and it got way out of hand, so I gtfo'ed.

...Going to the cubs game in a week, I might stick around and see two more.

...Happy father's day everyone!

Updated to 6-22

...Here's wishing everyone here a great summer vacation from school. Enjoy yourself and have fun. Make the most of your time off. You only get so many summers off to yourself so you got to make every one count. I did with mine and I sure wish I had just one more summer where all I had to do was play baseball, swim and stay up late. Have fun!

...Why do I have the feeling that what I just wrote won't be appreciated until some of you guys have full time jobs where your summers aren't yours anymore?

...I haven't upgraded to Firefox 3 yet. Is it worth it or should I just stay with version 2.0?

...I'm with the consensus who thinks the Willie Randolph firing could have been handled differently. Firing him is one thing. That's their choice. But it was how they did it that made the Mets look extremely bad.

...Now the Yankees have lost two in a row. So much for those overrated SOB's playing well.

...Life is not fair Department: You mean to tell me with all the injuries the Yankees have had this year, -Rodriguez, Posada, Wang, Hughes, Kennedy, Bruney- just to name a few, Kyle Farnsworth has gone injury-free and these guys haven't? :(

...Check out this video here on CNN about this smart little eight year old boy who can name all 750 players in major league baseball. This kid's got a love for the game at such an early age. I'm glad he's playing baseball instead of kicking a soccer ball around that most of the kids do around where I live now.

...By the way, I can't name all 750 players because I do my best not to mention anyone on the Red Sox.

...Has there ever been such bloated software as Norton's AntiVirus programs?

...For those of you jumping on the Tampa Bay bandwagon, something to keep in mind: That team has not hit a slump yet this year so it will be interesting to see how they play through it.

...While I'm at it, same for the Cubs.

FF3 is ok , but most of the themes I had with FF2 are not compatible , so I was stuck with bland light blue for a while. Other than that compatibility issue it seems nice.

There is an article in today's Newsday about the impending breakup of a well-known radio duo in NYC entitled "Mike and the Mad Dog". I haven't heard them much except for pre-March Madness game coverage , but they have been around for a pretty long time , and have pretty high ratings.

There is an article in today's Newsday about the impending breakup of a well-known radio duo in NYC entitled "Mike and the Mad Dog". I haven't heard them much except for pre-March Madness game coverage , but they have been around for a pretty long time , and have pretty high ratings.

I just read this. I wouldn't miss that Mad Dog guy at all. He's a loudmouth who knows everything about everything. You are not missing anything. Cancel this show for all I care.