Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

Updated to 2-13

...Well, I'm all ready for the big day tomorrow. After buying the Valentine's day card, the flowers and the gift, it set me back a little over one hundred dollars. It's the last little dig the stores hit you with until Christmas rolls around again. If they could I bet they would love to think up a major gift giving day right between Valentine's Day and Christmas but I don't think they can get people to exchange gifts on the Fourth of July. Lose with a smile, because these SOB's always win.

...Green Bay may be a small market team but they know how not to pass up any opportunity to soak their fans just like their big city cousins. They charged their fans five dollars to fill Lambeau Field for a victory party. But what the hell, it worked. They filled the stadium even though it was 3 degrees outside with the wind chill below zero. Just goes to show that if any of those people had any brains they were frozen long ago.

...There is no truth to the rumor that Brett Favre will be joining the cast of Dancing with the Stars. Of course, that's what was said on Saturday. Maybe today he'll have a change of heart and alert the media to his decision via text message.

...The people that operate the HHH Metrodome in Minneapolis are going to be spending 18.3 million dollars to repair the roof on the place even though the Vikings are still insisting on wanting a new place to play. My question is why? The Metrodome opened up in 1982, which is 29 years ago for those of you not keeping score. When the place opened, they loved it. Now, in 2011, they hate it. I wonder if the Twins will tell them to get lost if they want to play in Target Field?

...Robinson Cano this week hired Scott Bora$ as an agent. This ***** puts it together for one year and this is what he does. I could care less what Cano did last year, I'm still not a fan of his. Also, because this off season has been going so well, Nick Swisher hired Bora$ too. He makes the All-Star team for the first time and he has to run to Bora$. Two more headaches the Yankees have to worry about.

...I have got to watch a New York Islanders hockey game as soon as I can. Check out this photo gallery at SI.com and you will see why. Nothing wrong with my eyes.

...Now I have nothing against Canadians. In fact some of the nicest people I never met on this website are Canadian, but in this case maybe you guys went off the deep end. Or at least the people that live way up there in Quebec. Seems as if they have an Ice Hotel up there and people actually pay money to go there to freeze. Now get this: the temperature inside the hotel is between -3°C and -5°C. Great! People from Minnesota can go there in shorts and T-shirt and be none the wiser. Now get this from the FAQ from the site: All our beds have a solid ice base, with a wooden bedspring and mattress on top. Mattresses are covered with blankets, and people sleep inside arctic sleeping bags designed to stay warm in temperatures as low as -30°C. Can you believe that? Stuff like this amazes me. And right now if you go there in the next three days you can stay there for $149.50. Pardon me, I got to leave right now so I can load up the car and get there before the special is done.

...Boy those people in Quebec must really hate the summer. I bet they sleep on ice blocks just because it reminds them of the winter.

...I got distracted with all this stuff and I almost forgot to mention that a major update was done to the Mvp Caribe 2010 mod. They released version 1.1 of that mod and it is a big download. The download is over 1 gig so you know they had to update a lot of things. Hector and company really know what they are doing and they deserve our support.

...Sometimes I get stupid songs stuck in my head but that's not the case when I hear Diamonds are Forever. It's from a 1971 James Bond movie and I never get tired of listening to it even after all these years.

Updated to 2-20

...With the first week of Yankee spring training camp opening, the Yankee beat writers didn't waste any time stirring the **** as they had to get all over Joba Chamberlain because he arrived with a little more weight on him. Joba explained the weight gain and that was good enough for me. All I really care is if he produces.

...I just don't get it. I know they have to sell newspapers, but focus on the joy of baseball being back and spring training beginning instead of ten extra pounds on one guy. That's all I read this week.

...As expected, the Albert Pujols deadline for the St. Louis Cardinals to sign him came and went. Pujols is not the original selfish ballplayer but he carries on the tradition very well. At the end of the year there is going to be a whole bunch of Cardinal fans very unhappy - and one ballplayer who could care less.

...Speaking of the Cardinals, if Miguel Cabrera drinks himself out of a job in Detroit, they can trade him to St. Louis, where they can pay him in Budweiser.

...I think that if Larry Rothschild can do the seemingly impossible and straighten out head case A.J. Burnett they'll give him a plaque in Monument Park. ;)B)

...I noticed that this week a 2011 roster thread was started and it's my hope that it can eventually be used for the new mod. I got a lot of faith in this community here. If one thing is started for the new mod this could make other parts of the mod become a reality to.

...Frank Caliendo's impressions make me laugh every single time I see them done. That guy's got a real talent.

...I am hoping for a fast resolution between the NFL and the NFL players because like anyone else, I don't want to see another strike. But let me tell you the difference between football and baseball to me. When baseball season ends, I miss it. When football season ends, I don't.

...If anyone in here has any expectations that 2K11 is going to be different and better than 2K10, please feel free to buy the game when it is released in a few weeks and then come back in here after you've played it to let us know that you were once again burned by 2K Sports.

...Why is that you find so many things that you have to do before you get ready to leave for a trip? Once on thing is taken care of, something else comes up. Well, it will be all worth it in two weeks.

Updated to 2-27

...It was great seeing the Yankees yesterday play a spring training game. Having live baseball on TV is always the first sign of spring, although some of the days we've had here in the east could convince anyone that winter isn't going anywhere any time soon. :sad:

...Personally the best thing about viewing yesterday's game was knowing that Javier Vazquez and Nick Johnson were no where near Steinbrenner Field.

...How's the DH spot going for you Posada? Don't like it? Then retire you S.O.B.

...I've never watched one episode of 2 1/2 men so I really don't know what I'm missing, but I would imagine it would be hard for that show to continue next year with a personality like Charlie Sheen around.

...Congratulations to Joe Torre for being hired by Major League Baseball as the Commissioner's executive vice president of baseball operations. He'll fit right in there. He already knows how to double talk his way out of anything.

...Hey, you hear what Miguel Cabrera said this week? Get a load of this. While on his way to rehab, he said he wasn't an alcoholic. Right. And Albert Pujols isn't greedy.

...One of the best websites on the internet has to be the Internet Movie Database. I don't think there is a day that goes by when I am not on that site.

...What to get a good laugh? Hide someone's cell phone, especially a person who can't go five minutes without touching it.

...Some good things going on in here this week. The legend that is Dennis James released a new update for one of his ballparks, jogar84 provided us with a site that provides hi-res photos of the players and based on my reading the 2011 roster thread, that seems to be coming along very nice. Seems to me there's only one idiot in there who doesn't know what he's doing.

...Not that anyone cares, but there will be no random thoughts for the next two weeks. I will be away on vacation beginning March 5th and the least of my concerns is coming in here and doing this for people who seemingly don't read it.

MLB network just recently showed the '67, '69, and '64 World Series highlights. I have all of these but seeing them in High def made me pause them in several places. Has anyone else enjoyed watching these classic games in high def? I also have never watched the jerk of all jerks. He deserved what he got.

MLB network just recently showed the '67, '69, and '64 World Series highlights. I have all of these but seeing them in High def made me pause them in several places. Has anyone else enjoyed watching these classic games in high def? I also have never watched the jerk of all jerks. He deserved what he got.

Ok, I'll bite. Who is the jerk of all jerks? :unsure:

Ok, I'll bite. Who is the jerk of all jerks? :unsure:

I get the feeling he was talking about Sheen.

I read every Sunday, by the way. :)

You know what is funny about he cell phone comment. I rarely use mine to make/receive a call. I call home on first break every day to talk to the little one (since I only get to see her on Saturday and Sundays). I get on at my break times to check scores (depending on the season, and who is playing that day), and occasionally Facebook...

In other words, I really don't use it nearly enough to make up for how much we pay each month.... Yet, I feel naked without it. It's almost like a safety net... In case I need it... And I would go batty if someone hid it.

Now, imagine if it were a teen aged kid who never puts it down. Any homicidal tendencies they may be harboring could come to the surface. lol

I dont even own a cell phone, probably never will. Nothing much against them, except people who use them instead of paying attention to the direction in which they are traveling. I just dont have one, cant see myself ever keeping track of it longer than 2 days, or keeping it in one piece for more than a week. My wife gave me one for the car because we live in rural farm country, but there is no point as we dont get service out this way, and I dont know how to use it anyway. when teh snow melted a few weeks ago for a day, we found a very nice ipoddroneyapplyverizoney things on our grass, under what was a snow bank. look like a very expensive piece of tech. we found the young girl who lost it as she had sang christmas carols with a group a week before christmas. that would be me. lost and gone for months, so what is the point. I tend to keep my thoughts to myself so i dont need to comunitate every synoptic flair my brain has. Hey i just ranted, pretty cool huh. well it is random thoughts on a sunday.

heres anouther one. when you back into a snow pile, that isnt a snow pile but a parking block and ram your muffler into places god didnt intend for a muffler to go, like say into your rear tire, dont drive it around and bring it home to your husband and say, "the van is making a small noise, can you check it out when we leave for the daddy daughter dance in 10 minutes?" this is all the warning i got and was in the middle of putting on a suit, yeah let me climb under there now see what we got here.

oh heres anouther random thought, tried to download a game from a downloads site yesturday. $5 game, no big anticipations for it. i paypal the money to the company, who promptly does nothing with it. they apparently arent open for buisness on the weekends or something. no auto take your money heres your download........so its been 24 hours now, they havent taken my money, or given me my game, (wouldnt expect teh game until they take the money but still) its not some flybynight site, these guys been around awhile, dont know how they managed it though.

Y4L, I always come here on sunday to read your Sunday Thoughts, they're interesting :)

BTW, Jorge Vazquez who helped my team Yaquis de Obregon win the Caribbean Series with 2 bombs (SEE:

)

Both were in key moments of the series, he's now 3-3 in 2 games of spring training with 2 HR's and 3 RBI's. I hope he can make the team. He drove in 76 last year in AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (only 75 games).

Y4L, I always come here on sunday to read your Sunday Thoughts, they're interesting :)

Thank you Hector, and also to everyone else who come in here on Sundays to read this thread. You know, I guess what I am trying to say is that I wish others would come in here too every so often and post stuff too because I love reading things from other people. You guys have some pretty interesting opinions. Kind of like what redeck and emath did today. They just posted some basic stuff but it was pretty good.

Anyhow, as I said I will be gone for the next two Sundays and I honestly can't wait. The wife and I are going to Honolulu, Hawaii for two weeks. I am finally going to take her to where I used to live so many years ago. It should be a lot of fun and since we are getting away from the snow, that is all I care about.

We will be staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach Hotel. Here is a short Youtube clip of the hotel. If anyone has ever been there, this hotel is right on Kalakaua Avenue and is directly across the street from the International Marketplace, where my wife will be buying plenty of things we do not need. :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVW-tt5L2Qw

i see at second 29 of the video that you have no reason not to hop in with your sunday thoughts Y4L

I am certainly jealous of you Y4L, bring me back a hula skirt wouldya?

I am thinking of taking my daughter the Cooperstown this summer, does anyone have any recomendations as to where to stay where to eat..........? some of you guys have had to gone there before im sure.

I am thinking of taking my daughter the Cooperstown this summer, does anyone have any recomendations as to where to stay where to eat..........? some of you guys have had to gone there before im sure.

Let me answer this question first my friend. Go to this thread right here and you will get some information about Cooperstown. A word before you read it though, I made that thread in 2009 and probably the prices of admission to the museum may have gone up since then.

There are plenty of things for people of all ages to do and see there. Your little girl will love that little village. I've been there many times.

i see at second 29 of the video that you have no reason not to hop in with your sunday thoughts Y4L

Well, that is true. But at the same time I don't plan on keeping up with current events while I am there. Even Derek Jeter and the Yankees can go to hell when I am under the warm, Hawaiian sun.

I am certainly jealous of you Y4L, bring me back a hula skirt wouldya?

You got it. Provided I can keep what is in it. :yahoo:

My wife has plans for us to see the sights there like the zoo and shopping areas, but I am going there for one and only one reason. I mean, who am I kidding in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=relAFeWI4ws

It isn't the best video, but it gets the point across ok.