Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

Actually that crocodile was 21 or 22 feet long and over 2,000 pounds. I would let it go. Who the hell cares if it still eats people? Theyve been here on the planet for millions of years. I wouldnt be happy to see people show up. Or they can let me eat it. Croc and alligator is actually pretty darn good.

I hate Jon and Kate Gosselin so much that Im not even gonna comment about them. Let us hope that their children dont turn out to be desperate for attention and selfish like their parents.

I practically grew up in San Francisco. You become immune to all the out of the ordinary things that are tolerated there. Like naked people, drag queens, hari krishnas and that wacky guy who disguises himself as shrubbery and sneaks up behind people and scares them.

I love homemade lemonade too. But nothing beats an ice cold pitcher of sweet tea.

After watching the Giants this reason, I strongly believe that they sold their souls to Satan last season to win a championship.

9/11 will always be tragic for me as well. Not only for all the people that were killed and families shattered, but for personal reasons. 10 years ago, I had to put my good ole dog to sleep the day before that tragedy. I miss that dog. And worse than that, my sister was killed on 9/11 last year. She was drunk driving and got herself and another person killed in a car accident. A few days after that, my poor father had a pretty bad stroke. I had to quit my job so I can help my mother take care of him. And the fact that every single cable station is exploiting the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 for ratings is beyond distasteful and atrocious to me.

I hate Jon and Kate Gosselin so much that Im not even gonna comment about them. Let us hope that their children dont turn out to be desperate for attention and selfish like their parents.

I don't blame you at all. At least Jon Gosselin has one thing going for him. He could care less if that show was still on the air. He moved on and it didn't bother him that he wasn't on TV anymore. You can't say the same about his selfish ex-wife. And those kids? I saw somewhere that they were whining because they were not going to go on any more vacations to places like Australia and Hawaii. The next time they go, Mommy will have to fork over the money instead of having TLC pay the bill. The real problem with these people starts with Kate. She has had the camera on her so long that she doesn't know what to do without it.

9/11 will always be tragic for me as well. Not only for all the people that were killed and families shattered, but for personal reasons. 10 years ago, I had to put my good ole dog to sleep the day before that tragedy. I miss that dog. And worse than that, my sister was killed on 9/11 last year. She was drunk driving and got herself and another person killed in a car accident. A few days after that, my poor father had a pretty bad stroke. I had to quit my job so I can help my mother take care of him. And the fact that every single cable station is exploiting the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 for ratings is beyond distasteful and atrocious to me.

I am very sorry to learn that this day has such bad memories for you. I hope your father is now doing a little better in his recovery. Hang in there.

Updated to 9-18

...One week ago we all witnessed some very moving rememberances to honor the people lost ten years ago on September 11th. Everywhere in this country - and even all over the world - people stopped to pay homage and respect. We stopped what we were doing in our daily lives to look back and commemorate. I'm not saying anything here that you don't know already. But at the same time you would not think that anything could go wrong with all the 9-11 observances that took place. Boy were we wrong! Not surprisingly, Major League Baseball was the one who made sure they put themselves first ahead of September 11th and all that it means to people by refusing to let the Mets were FDNY and NYPD hats during their game with the Cubs on the 11th. Somehow doesn't it just figure that MLB would end up looking bad?

...Joe Torre, who happens to be Bud Selig's new mouthpiece said about the decision not to let the Mets wear those hats "We did it to consistent around the league." Say what?? A NEW YORK team, playing at home on the tenth anniversary of this tragic day wants to wear the first responder hats and this is the reason they give? Yeah, like every other team in baseball is going to protest about it. For years I thought that Pete Rozelle was the worst commissioner I ever saw but this Bud Selig guy shows me how wrong I was.

...Look, you want the real reason why MLB didn't let the Mets where those hats? It's because MLB couldn't make replicas of the FDNY and NYPD hats and throw them on their website to sell them for $39.99. If MLB couldn't make a profit off of those hats then they wanted nothing to do with them.

Here is a photo of one of the hats in question worn by Jose Reyes of the Mets during batting practice and before the game. It was these type of hats that Bud and his boys didn't want the Mets to wear during the game. What do you think about this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...Of course I was waiting for Commissioner Bum Selig to try and spin this story and blame the Mets and sure enough that's what he did. He said was "embarrassed by this" and that the Mets threw the league under a bus. Under this guy's leadership being thrown under a bus is expected.

...The NFL season started last week right on time like we all knew it would, which just proves that during that entire lockout they were just playing games.

...It just took one week of the NFL season to remind me once again that with all the complaints that are said about the umpires in baseball, they always look good against the referees in the NFL. These guys get worse every year.

...Note to ESPN: Not that you care of course, but starting an NFL game at 10:15 pm on the east coast is not going to give you any ratings at all.

...Did anyone see the video of Mariano Rivera when he recorded his 600th save in Seattle last Tuesday? All he did when the game was over was shake the hands of his teammates and went into the clubhouse. That's the right way to do it. Rivera doesn't do any of the showboating that Detroit's Jose Valverde does. Every time he records a save he dances around on the mound like someone tossed ice cubes down his back.

...Recording his 600th save was not good enough for Mariano Rivera to get top billing on ESPN's website the night he did it because that same evening Boston's Tim Wakefield recorded his <gasp> 200th win and of course that was more important for the Boston biased ESPN network. Sorry Mariano, you just aren't important enough for some people.

...What's up with the Palins, part 22: In an article posted on the Sporting News website, Sarah Palin welcomed University of Michigan and future NBA star Glen Rice to Alaska with a lot more than a wave and a handshake. That's me putting it in PG rating for the readers on this website. I mean what the heck, what else are you supposed to do in Alaska? It's cold up there. Sarah was just doing what came natural to her.

...Bristol Palin became so upset with her mother because she was pregnant with her little brother Trig that she wanted to be pregnant too, writes Levi Johnston in his new book coming out this week. She figured if anyone should be having a baby it should be her and not her mother. If Bristol really wanted to be like her mother she would have asked her for Glen Rice's phone number.

...Have any of you noticed how much better the Chicago Cubs have been playing since they told Carlos Zambrano to take a hike?

...While I don't mind one bit that scottybilly chooses to respond in here, this thread is starting to become a place reserved for his comments and mine. Jump in here any time you want. This is not a private thread. Your random thoughts are going to be completely different than mine. Let's hear them. I know I asked this before and if you don't want to then that is fine too.

Updated to 9-25

...It took Mariano Rivera sixteen years to do it, but he finally got top billing last Monday on ESPN's website after he recorded his record setting 602nd career save. Nothing he did in the past could wrestle away the attention that ESPN fawns on the Red Sox on a daily basis.

...Just by reading interviews that Dustin Pedroia gives makes me believe that this guy was not the smartest kid in his class by any stretch of the imagination. Take this quote of his for instance in a recent article. “We’re a team that wants to win” said the wise one. What I'd like to know is what he thinks the other teams in the league want to do.

...Just when Major League Baseball thought they were through with Money Ramirez, he wants to be reinstated and now would be willing to serve his 100 game ban. Manny went on to explain that he "was not prepared for retirement." I believe that. When you retire with millions of dollars in the bank every day had to be a struggle for the poor guy.

...I wonder what Joe Maddon feels about this? It had to cross his mind more than a few times how much Manny could have helped the Rays during their run for the wild card had he just served the suspension when he got it instead of running away from it.

...In my mind Ramirez is just as bad of a teammate as Carlos Zambrano is. Zambrano just goes around beating up teammates while Manny just plain doesn't care.

...I am as big of an Oakland Raiders fan as I am a Yankee fan. That said, even I think this story about the Silver and Black getting back at the Jets Mark Sanchez for eating a hot dog during a game against them the last time they played is foolish. How about if they try this? What if they just go out today and beat the Jets and not worry about what Sanchez is eating or not eating on the sidelines? Worry about what he does on the field and not off it.

...Not that I plan on reading them but there have been two books published this month that I don't think are ever going to be on Sarah Palin's reading list. Palin may fool all of the right wing cornhuskers from Iowa that have never seen a minority in their entire life, but to the rest of the country she's always going to be an over opinionated broad with no sign of common sense.

...Someone forgot to notify the New York Yankees that they were not supposed to win the American League East this year because as far as the Red Sox were concerned they had already won it back in March.

...Russell Martin said he hated the Red Sox this week. Good for him. I know how he feels. I wish other Yankees would come out and say the same thing.

...Oh that Brian Cashman! Pretending that the Yankees were interested in Carl Crawford just to drive the price up that the Red Sox had to pay for him. It was nice to see the Yankees do that to someone because everyone has been doing that to them for years now. And don't even be shocked if we find out soon that the Red Sox are going to officially complain about this to their good friend Bud Selig.

...Poor Leo Nunez, or whatever his real name is. The Marlins pitcher has been in this country all this time playing under an assumed name and just got caught and deported back to the Dominican last week. He said he chose that name because it was the name of his best friend. I wonder what would have happened if his friend said no, you can't use my name. Then Nunez would have probably picked an obscure name that no one ever heard of, like Babe Ruth.

...Denny McLain, Detroit's favorite son, was arrested last week just before he tried to enter Canada on fugitive fraud charges. The Pride of Detroit got himself into some kind of a legal tussle down in Louisiana and was planning on laying low for awhile up in the Great White North - like say for the next twenty years.

...Anyone else worried about the NBA strike going on? Didn't think so.

...So much for me asking people to jump in here. That worked out really well.

Regarding Leo Nunez, its high time that MLB look more closely at these player's Visas. I bet half of them are completely phony or inaccurate to say the least. Anybody remember Jairo Garcia? Ooops his name is really Santiago Casilla!

Regarding Sarah Palin, I really want to bang her, but with a gag around her mouth. I see her underaged daughter Bristol is currently filming a reality show. And oh gosh, some drunk guy at a cowboy bar was badmouthing her while she attempted to ride a mechanical bull, while patrons jeered and heckled her. What did she expect? I don't think it was a book-signing gig.

Boston should have two baseball teams again. I'm tired of only hating one of them. Same goes for football.

No way in hell that Manny Ramirez plays major league baseball again. It would be too costly to give him a DNA test to see if he is still a man!

Why is Pedroia batting cleanup? They just paid Gonzalez all that money. What is management trying to tell Gonzalez? Wer'e sorry but a guy half your size is better than you. Pedroia should have a Kleenex endorsement. His nostrils are so huge that when he sneezes, baseball sized snot flies out of his nose.

What are the Raiders whining about? If the opposing team wants to have a barbecue, and tailgate party and do keg stands on the sielines, then let them. You can join them or whoop their arses on the field.

I hate to say it, but the Yankees will ALWAYS overpay for a player. Thats what happens when you are the New York Yankees. Sorry Y4L. :facepalm:

sw

Regarding Sarah Palin, I really want to bang her, but with a gag around her mouth. I see her underaged daughter Bristol is currently filming a reality show. And oh gosh, some drunk guy at a cowboy bar was badmouthing her while she attempted to ride a mechanical bull, while patrons jeered and heckled her. What did she expect? I don't think it was a book-signing gig.

Hahahahhahaa. That's funny. Stick a towel in her mouth and get it done.

And poor Bristol. She found out how the world really views her. Stupid (*&^%

Boston should have two baseball teams again. I'm tired of only hating one of them. Same goes for football.

I don't have that problem. I hate every organized team in that state.

What are the Raiders whining about? If the opposing team wants to have a barbecue, and tailgate party and do keg stands on the sielines, then let them. You can join them or whoop their arses on the field.

I had no idea what the hell Oakland was whining about. But they did do what they had to do this afternoon as they beat the Jets 34-24. That's all that matters.

I hate to say it, but the Yankees will ALWAYS overpay for a player. Thats what happens when you are the New York Yankees. Sorry Y4L. :facepalm:

Yeah they do. But the good thing now is that they are going to their farm system more which of course is the right thing to do.

Did they actually call up anybody worth mentioning this month and actually play them to get a good look-see at them. Or are they waiting for spring training to do that? I can think of a few pitchers that are probably better than Burnett. Lol. I bet the Yankeesd wish that they never traded Ian Kennedy away. He's at least twice th pitcher that Burnett and Hughes are- Combined!

Did they actually call up anybody worth mentioning this month and actually play them to get a good look-see at them. Or are they waiting for spring training to do that? I can think of a few pitchers that are probably better than Burnett. Lol. I bet the Yankeesd wish that they never traded Ian Kennedy away. He's at least twice th pitcher that Burnett and Hughes are- Combined!

Yeah I can think of two. Jesus Montero and Austin Romine.

The Yankees will never totally commit to their farm system, and that's why the have only one twice in the last decade. Spend all you want, it doesn't guarantee anything. Same with the Red Sox.

You won't get any argument from me on this. I would be happier if they promote their players from within instead of using the best for trades. But things are changing. They are promoting more and more of their minor leaguers and I am grateful for that.

And by the way, thanks for dropping in here.

Only have one Random Thought right now.

The Boston Red Sox are a bunch of over paid, under performing, self entitled divas who thought the rest of the league was just going to bow down before there greatness. Once this "team" realized they were going to have to fight for what they thought they deserved, they folded like the little bitches they really are.

It looks like, to me anyway, that they won't make the playoffs and I'm actually glad. They haven't done anything to earn it.

Updated to 10-2

...So, Ozzie Guillen is out of Chicago. Somehow I don't think that there's going to be too many people there next year who are going to miss him. Having that loudmouth gone will just improve the team. Besides, he's not that good a manager.

...And once the newness wears off the stadium down in Miami people down there are not going to go to that ballpark either. Sure it will be a better place to play baseball for the Marlins but when it is all said and done those are still the same fans. Lazy and uninterested.

...Has there ever been such a night of baseball as we experienced on Wednesday night? Just when I thought that maybe, just maybe these games were over, I saw how wrong I was. Who wants to bet that someone writes a book about what happened on September 28th, 2011?

...Watching the Braves on Wednesday you had to have the feeling that somehow they were going to blow it and sure enough, they did. At least this time Bobby Cox can say that they can't blame him.

...Which brings me to the Boston Red Sox. If you think that I didn't enjoy watching that team collapse and choke during the entire month of September then you got another think coming. It was like having a month full of Sundays.

...And it was fitting that the Baltimore Orioles were the team to knock them out. It is one thing that Boston has been beating them pretty bad in recent years. But it is another thing that they have been rubbing it in the Orioles faces for a long time now and finally the O's had enough. You could tell this was coming after the fight the two teams got into in July in Boston.

...So Terry Francona gets shown the door. That's another typical Boston thing that you can expect to -and did- happen. Something goes wrong? Quick, blame someone.

...My favorite quote by one of the Red Sox? This one is from cement head Adrian Gonzalez: "God didn't have it in the cards for us." You want to know something? I believe him. God probably got fed up watching the Red Sox games on DirecTV that took four hours to play that the Almighty said to himself that was enough and he couldn't take watching one more Red Sox game this year. Creating the universe took less time than watching a weekend series at Fenway Park.

...Here's my favorite picture from Wednesday night. It was taken in Baltimore and Dad the Red Sox fan is consoling his son who looks like he is about to cry any second now. Don't worry there Little Pedroia, it was God's will that your team lost. Now don't you feel better?

...Damn I feel good. I feel like I found an insane amount of money buried in my backyard. There's nothing like smiling over the misfortunes of this entitled and smug Red Sox team and the fans who follow them.

...But that's not entirely true either. There is at least one Red Sox fan in here who actually came out and pointed out exactly what he thought was wrong with his team. Fenway389 is the person I am talking about. He is the only Red Sox fan that showed up in here when things were going wrong for his team. Every other Sox fan on this board went into hiding.

...Well, enough of them. The Red Sox have their own issues to deal with and right now I am only concerned with how the Yankees are going to beat the Tigers.

...What an arm that Rays rookie Matt Moore has!

...I don't know if Saturday night's Yankee-Tiger game is going to be in New York's or Detroit's favor. The only thing I do know is they lose an important day off.

...As soon as I saw the picture of this 800 pound pumpkin I could not help thinking of Linus Van Pelt from the comic strip Peanuts. If there was a Great Pumpkin, this had to be it.

- I'm losing respect for Adrian Gonzalez by the minute. Yeah, lets blame God! That'll settle it! OWN UP to your FAILURES and LEARN.

- This team wouldn't have done anything in the playoffs so that helps the situation.

- Time to get Beckett and Lackey out of town. And Youkilis. And more.

God is a sadist. Thats why the poor Cubs havent won in a century. Thats why the rivalry between Boston and NY is so huge and fans are passionate, hysterical, and hostile. The Civil War could have been fought over which side thinks which team is better. God is a sadist because he allows these teams to overspend for their players, and then watches them choke when it matters the most, thus laughing as fans are angry, sad, or depressed when the outcome doesnt go their way. God is a sadist because he forces baseball games to be on late in the east coast. God is a sadist because he allows almost every team to "change their identity" every couple of years with new logos and or uniforms/caps in order to milk diehard fans out of more money. God is a sadist because he allows a team like the Yankees to build a stadium that cost over a billion dollars to build, but is virtually identical to the old stadium, except smaller. God is a sadist because he allows the Yankees to price their game tickets beyond the economic reach of virtually every blue-collar Yankees fan. "Guess what son? I got us a pair of playoff tickets! Oh yeah, they cost me $10,000, so now you cant go to college, and mom has to prostitute herself so we can make ends meet." God is a sadist because important games are delayed or postponed due to rain because God is pissing all over the field. God is a sadist because at Giant's games, they charge $7 for garlic fries, and $8-9 bucks for so-called 12 ounce microbrews (Gordon Biersch) that can be bought by the 12-pack at any Safeway store for a couple bucks more. God is a sadist because he allows other prolific sports to start their seasons before another one has even finished. God is a sadist because he allows people to jump on the bandwagon when a team is succeeding and in the spotlight, and allow people to believe that the world is coming to an end because their team isnt winning. God is a sadist because he allows "fans for a team" to only exist because they like the teams' colors. Raiders, White Sox especially.

I could go on but I suddenly feel nauseous.. :bad: