The Official Friedman's 2006 Updated Schedule Thread

Friedman

here's an updated version of my spread sheet. orioles have a schedule up now, astros and white sox have added times for their games. we're still wating for the rockies to put up a road schedule, but that shoud be easy to extract from the other team's schedules. also has direct links to the schedule.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update to this project: Most teams still have not released times, so it will be a little while before we can start this mod. I hope that we can really get going by the beginning of January. Any to these people, please P.M. me with your e-mail address. I beg of you. PLEASE!!!

DangerKid

Jogar84

JWhiteClubbie

SDoyle

Pimpindem

Mr. Friedman,

When do you think the final schedule will be done.

Since I don't have PS2 or XBOX I thank you ahead of time for any help.

Again thankyou for your efforts.

Also I may have asked this question before is there any way to disable the end of season retirement player option.

Thankyou for any feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to update everyone on this mod, there are still many teams who have not released all of their times. The Orioles have not even released any of their times. Out of the 29 remaining MLB teams, 9 have only have releaed a limited schedule with away games only. There are just way too many teams with missing times to work around. I am hoping we can get started sometime next month, and hopefully get this releaed around March.

:(

Too bad a BETA couldn't have been done before the 'release date'. If you guys can't get it done, I guess our goal will be opening day. I was hoping to have many enjoy our work before that.

Yeah, I wish we had it too. But when half of the games a day don't have times, we really can't work around it.

Just in case you didn't already know, you can import virtually ALL of the files in MVP 2005 into Microsoft Excel as Comma Delimited Files. Just open up Microsoft Excel and use the File -> Open menu. Select the file you want to modify and choose to open it. Excel will then ask you how you want to define the separations. Choose 'Delimited Values' and then use the comma tick box to define the value separator. When you're done, just save the file as a .csv file in the drop down list and exit out of Excel. In Windows Explorer you then edit the .csv back to .dat and everything will be fine.

Just in case you didn't already know, you can import virtually ALL of the files in MVP 2005 into Microsoft Excel as Comma Delimited Files. Just open up Microsoft Excel and use the File -> Open menu. Select the file you want to modify and choose to open it. Excel will then ask you how you want to define the separations. Choose 'Delimited Values' and then use the comma tick box to define the value separator. When you're done, just save the file as a .csv file in the drop down list and exit out of Excel. In Windows Explorer you then edit the .csv back to .dat and everything will be fine.
that will make the schedules a whole lot easier to do that way

The Official Friedman's 2006 Updated ...

Mr. Friedman do you have an update on the 2006 Baseball schedule.

Thankyou for any response.

rjmfigurelli

E-mail address rjmf@ptd.net

Check the post above, and it says:

Well, to update everyone on this mod, there are still many teams who have not released all of their times. The Orioles have not even released any of their times. Out of the 29 remaining MLB teams, 9 have only have releaed a limited schedule with away games only. There are just way too many teams with missing times to work around. I am hoping we can get started sometime next month, and hopefully get this releaed around March.

Read what's in bold.

Man keep trucking this is going to be a nice addition. I cannot stress enough the importance of running tests to make sure all teams playt only 162 games. I messed up my Madden Schedule and that included only 512 games, this is nearly 500 games. Good luck I appreciate this mod and the Ultimate Roster so much as I prepare for next season.

the orioles released their schedule weeks ago. but nobody has updated anything on their schedule in over three weeks.

red sox have added times to some of their home games, but that's it. it really has slowed down since november when it seemed like every day someone had a schedule out.

Have we figured out how to get around Opening Day being a day earlier this year? I'm thinking if it can't be done in the dat file, we'll probably have to push every game this season up one day, to match MVP 05's format, which shouldn't be any big deal at all.

On another note, how close to the buzzer will the teams get before they release finalized schedules?

THere is a mlb_spr1.dat that contains the spring training schedule. Can't that be edited also?

True. It can be eddited, but our first priority will be to get the regular season finished. After that, if there's time, we'll do spring training.

OK guys, here's the latest news:

All teams have released a schedule. All teams have released times, with the exception of:

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

FLORIDA MARLINS

SAN DIEGO PADRES

BOSTON RED SOX

CINCINNATI REDS

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

DETROIT TIGERS

Those teams only have released their away game times.

Finally, I am going to make an avatar for everyone involved with this project (DangerKid, Jogar84, Evil1182, JWhiteClubbie, RoyalBlues, and SDoyle) that I would like those people to use.

True. It can be eddited, but our first priority will be to get the regular season finished. After that, if there's time, we'll do spring training.

I've edited the spring training schedule. After I check to see if it works, I'll post it :D

Here's the edited spring training file for 2006. I haven't had a chance to test it out, due to having to sim a season first before you can go to spring training. I included all split squad games, so there are more games overall than in the original file. I didn't start adding night games until the middle of the schedule, if someone wants to do that, then knock yourself out!

Ok I tried to post it, and it won't let me upload .dat files?

Archived