The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

Gentlemen:

You're going to have to excuse me for the next couple of weeks as I get my personal life in order. There are things I have to tend to at the moment. However, what I would like for someone to do is to provide me a high resolution photo of the cover athlete for MVP 06. The cover box and info will be provided by me.

-KC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Music, I thought I'd lend a helping hand :).

Again, the issue here is avoiding copyright infringement. All of these bands, well...they're not going to give us permission to use their stuff.

Give me a week, and I'll have some examples of folks who would.

--Eric

For Music, I thought I'd lend a helping hand :).

I think we should have a rather extensive playlist so we don't get bored listening to the same few songs. I'd like to offer up some recommendations for the list, feel free to use them or disregard them:

The Doors: "Riders on the Storm" (some may remember this from the NFSU2 remix with Snoop Dogg), "When the Music's Over", "L.A. Woman", "Love Me Two Times", "Break on Through", "Peace Frog".

Led Zeppelin: "Ramble On", "Bring it on Home", "South Bound Suarez", "Dazed and Confused", "Trampled Underfoot", "Misty Mountain Hop", "When the Levee Breaks", "Since I've Been Loving You", "No Quarter", "Communication Breakdown", "The Lemon Song", "Moby [naughty word]".

Beatles: anything and everything

The Who: "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Baba O'Reilly", "Behind Blue Eyes", "My Generation", "Pinball Wizard".

System of a Down: anything and everything

Rage Against the Machine: anything and everything

Sly and Family Stone: anything and everything, most notably "Don't Call Me N*****, Whitey" and "Everyday People".

"Go With the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age

Pink Floyd: All of Dark Side of the Moon, "Another Brick in the Wall", etc.

Pearl Jam: "Black", "Alive", "Yellow Ledbetter"

Jimi Hendrix: My favorite. "Tax Free (Winterland)", any version of Machine Gun, basically anything.

Just some starters. Hell, I'd be happy to take up the playlist responsibility if you all like :)

I love that selection. All those groups on there are my favorites, especially the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, and Jimi Hendrix.

Again, the issue here is avoiding copyright infringement. All of these bands, well...they're not going to give us permission to use their stuff.

I have a friend who's pretty big in the music industry, so it's possible that I would be able to get permission from these bands. It's not a promise, but there's a chance.

As an easy compromise, and to make the game the best it can be, why don't we plan on SS doing the majors, and McDiddy taking care of the minors. Sound like a good enough solution? That way we can get it as accurate as possible on both ends.

Though I do think that highly-touted prospects should be given lesser star ratings if they're not yet in the MLB, just to keep it accurate.

I can make an installer if needed

look at the total portrait installers for an idea of how they function

Awesome!

As an easy compromise, and to make the game the best it can be, why don't we plan on SS doing the majors, and McDiddy taking care of the minors. Sound like a good enough solution? That way we can get it as accurate as possible on both ends.

Problem is my file is a work in progress until the release date. Minor-leaguers would have to be a future modification after the MVP 06 release.

I pretty much spend all of my free-time on the roster, though of course my load of college work limits that to a couple of hours. By the time I complete all the new attributes (if you actually change them, it's very time consuming), batting stances/windups, pitches, career stats (I will start cracking at that after 12/20), I will not have time for minor leaguers. Plus, if they all suck what's the point, for completion? It's also hard to follow all the unknown minor league transactions.

This is the "Ichiro" startup screen. I removed the "Team Rosters Current as of..." and just replaced it with "Team Rosters for MVP 2006" and added an MVP 2006 logo. I was tired of seeing a date that really had no value to it. I thought this might be a better idea. I know it can be done better but this was just a "quickie"

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2669.html

I think this is going to be available right here on mvpmods.com, we aren't distributing CDs. The Coverplayer will grace the whole MVP 06 theme including loading and CTS screens.

Hey, Pirate, can you write down your disclaimer again? (It was deleted) It would be smart to include that with the "rosters as of..." screen. So everytime the game is started up, us modders can all collectively say, "Don't sue us!"

Thug wrote: Can I help with anything? The only this is I am not experienced in modding. In fact, I haven't modded anything before in my whole life. So, If you could give me something simple, that would be great!

Yo, get me those audio files from a madden or NBA live game and I'll do the rest. I 'll change the crowds if you guys hook me up, THug or anyone else. And if I get the files, I'd appreciate help from those that know SX or hex editing. I want to change the crowd and heckles and maybe more.

So Swingin or anyone involved with rosters, are ages and everything else going to be changed to match 2006? Will people have declined and progressed like it is not 2005 anymore?

And also, just my two cents, but Swingin, if you could find a way to work with the guy in completing a full minor system, it would make it that much better. We still got plenty of time before the season and he seems to want to do it.

it isn't going to cost anything. As long as it stays free then it is nothing more than an elaborate mod for an already existing game (looks to be one hell of a mod, might I ad!), and any legal issues should be avoided.

BTW fellas, I am a long time MVP player on xbox, just bought the game for pc at a discount price and I am glad I did. This is the first site I came to and after adding just a few mods the game ALREADY looks like a brand new game compared to the xbox version. Nice to know that I picked up NEXT years baseball title in November!!!

Keep it up :wink:

So Swingin or anyone involved with rosters, are ages and everything else going to be changed to match 2006? Will people have declined and progressed like it is not 2005 anymore?

Definately, that's what I mean by 'adjusting attributes'. This roster will have a whole new 2006 feel. That's half the battle. Plus, ages are being adjusted, people will have the correct ages. :)

And also, just my two cents, but Swingin, if you could find a way to work with the guy in completing a full minor system, it would make it that much better. We still got plenty of time before the season and he seems to want to do it.

I can't, only one person can work on the file at a time. I have been working on it since mid-October, and guess what, I ain't close to done. Doing rosters are very time consuming if you want them done right. There are always other options, but my goal is to have a totally revamped and accurate roster, not one with as much names crammed into it as possible with old attributes. Of course, there could be future modifications with minor leaguers. When my roster is out, I don't care who edits it and enhances it. Expos4Ever did that earlier this year.

It'd help if people gave me permission to use cyberfaces, equipment, and uniforms so I can make an entire models.big and other necessary files come with the roster.

---------------

To Sean O and anyone else interested: I think it's imperative that we have a RELEASE DATE so people can actually start making mods and not talking about making mods. I want the release date to be February 16th, when pitchers and catchers report.

Sounds good, feb. 16 is a good, solid date, and hopefully we can have most of it done for testing by February 1st. If you can't get it done by then, that's no problem, but it'd be nice to have as much as we can get by the first to release a proper beta to our group of testers.

McDiddy, go into the Ultimate Rosters thread and write your idea there. Maybe they will consider it.

SS, I don't like the way you want to do the rosters all alone, as if you don't need any help. That doesn't work. I've given you the idea to talk to Totte to join the UR project since that has a solid base and total minors. Excellent rosters. But if you wanna go alone with it, then go for it but I don't like the way you are handling it. You are acting like if you don't need any help, like if you are the end-all be-all. Good luck, though.

Archived