The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

SS, faces 2, 4, and 15 are ones I've already put out.

All of those faces aren't really that different looking that the ones already out because of the .ord .orl are the same, only the fsh files are different.

You want all new ones or do you want similar ones? Either way, use the one above. Saves me the work.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the guy flat out stole your work?

The different .fsh does make them look a lot better than the regular 2005 generics. Preferably the 2004 face come back, but if people agree with this alternative than I guess it can be included in MVP 06's models.big.

Note to the 2X glove-makers: Make sure that the 2X black glove replaces EA's black gloves and so on!

I know, we need a black, light brown, brown, blue, and red glove. Anyone up to the task?

SwinginSoriano wrote:

The best thing about being a mod community is that we can pretty much make MVP 2005 better and better for years and years.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

So far ive downloaded the new D-train themed load screens and i gotta say...

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Helluva Job!!!!!

I guess that means the loading screens work!

I guess that means the loading screens work!

It appears most people like them. Which I am glad to hear. The worst part is they could be better with hi-res pics but you gotta weork with what we got. I am in the prosses of working on the load screens (like the ones that have a help picture of the joystick as you load the game" It will take me a little but I am hoping to work on it a good deal this weekend.

Looking at page 1 as to what people have signed up for, I think we are lacking something.

We need someone to revamp the audio. This can include but not be limited to the heckles, chants, and crowds as well.

Also, I'm asking permission from jogar to use his faces for generics. If he says yes I can pump out 2x generics that will be beautifully lifelike, but I need people to help with the portraits.

Yep, lets keep true to our theme and change all screens that had Manny on them!

---

Music packs could be an entirely separate project from 06, it would be difficult to have some many versions because of musical taste.

---

Hey UncleMo, aren't you good at the crowd stuff? You can help us after all!

---

New 2X generics that are alike the MVP 2004 ones (doesn't have to be the same) would absolutely kick ***. Jogar, please?

---

With my roster, I intend to include a models.big (including uniforms, gloves, equipment, and all the necesary cyberfaces) that will come with the MVP 06 mod. I will need Trues' special ftp for large files and permission from the various cybermakers. I am sure that no one will be unhappy to have their faces included with 06. Of course they will be given credit for their hard work! :)

---

I hope this post didn't come accross as too annoying, but I had a lot to say! ;)

The theme for MVP 06 is Dontrelle Willis. That's why there are so many pics of him

No, we didn't. We voted for D-Train as the cover boy! But that does't matter to me. I would only wish there could be like a White-Sox World Champs pic, Andrew Jones pic, D. Lee pic, Colon pic, D. Ortiz pic and A-Rod.

And I got to be honest, those pics of Willis are way too blurry.

No hard feeling

Some pics were awesome but I'd like a mixture.

example: by astro eric:

I agree with you that some of the pics are blurry. I am working on that. Tough to find hi res pics online. I am only doing Dontrelle Willis theme screens. Anyone else is free to submit the ones they work on and then the best ones can be used. I have no problem if other screens are used in the final realease. That is not my focus right now. I am working on Dontrelle Willis Screens. There are about 40 Manny Ramirez Menus (he was cover boy of MVP 05 so there are a lot) that I still need to change before I work on alternate screens.I am not an Astros fan at all however. The Astros screens look great but they do nothing for me. sorry. (although my mom did babysit Jeff Bagwell as a baby. He and my Mom both are from Hanover MA. I always thought that was cool).

No, we didn't. We voted for D-Train as the cover boy! But that does't matter to me. I would only wish there could be like a White-Sox World Champs pic, Andrew Jones pic, D. Lee pic, Colon pic, D. Ortiz pic and A-Rod.

And I got to be honest, those pics of Willis are way too blurry.

No hard feeling

Lets get a picture of Soriano, how about one of Anna Benson, why the hell not? :roll:

Willis, and only Willis. Possibly some related baseball stuff can go in but it would be assinine to be clicking through Willis screen in 06 then BAM, Soriano is on the screen, then hey! There's the KillerBs!

Stay the course Rossmac, the people wanted Willis we'll give them Willis!

My sentiments exactly SS. That is the point of a theme. Besides there is nothing stopping people from putting there own images in their game.

I just came up with an idea, it's almost genius!

Here it is:

Since we all know that there are 50 loading screens in the game, and some people may not want to look at Willis every single time. (Though obviously I wouldn't mind), we can still do justice for EVERY MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM. Here's my idea, each Major League Team will have their own loading screen representing them. One for the Yankees, One for the White Sox, One for the Royals, every team has one. Willis stays our cover-athlete, but our loading screens can still represent every other Major League Team!

Here's are examples:

Loading Screen #15

Team: Washington Nationals

Player: Chad Coredo (With a picture of Cordero fist pumping or something)

Facts and statistics or Cordero: like how he converted 48 saves in 2005.

Loading Screen #16

Team: Chicago Cubs

Player: Derrek Lee

Facts and stuff: Talk about Lee's great 2005 year

Loading Screen #17

Team: Atlanta Braves

Player: Andruw Jones

Facts and Stuff: Talk about Jones' GG streak and his 51 bombs

etc.

Obviously, it would be a large undertaking where many fans would have to be involved and extremely devoted. If people think too much Willis is a bad thing, here's another option. As long as we keep it EQUAL for all ML teams. 10 screens for the Yankees, 5 for the White Sox pennant run, and another 3 for the Killer Bs wouldn't do. That's unfair, 30 for each ML team, we can come up with other ideas on what to do with the other 20. (Honor Hall of Famers like Gehrig and Aaron?)

It's cool, but it will take a lot of work from a lot of people.

---

BTW Rossmac, I just checked out your Willis theme (You are able to see some of the screens on MVP 2004!), I love it but I can see where people feel it is 'too blurry'. I guess you could only make it as good as the pictures can provide, I wonder if anyone has a 1000 by 1000 pixel Willis pictures hanging around...

I just came up with an idea, it's almost genius!

Here it is:

Since we all know that there are 50 loading screens in the game, and some people may not want to look at Willis every single time. (Though obviously I wouldn't mind), we can still do justice for EVERY MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM. Here's my idea, each Major League Team will have their own loading screen representing them. One for the Yankees, One for the White Sox, One for the Royals, every team has one. Willis stays our cover-athlete, but our loading screens can still represent every other Major League Team!

Here's are examples:

Loading Screen #15

Team: Washington Nationals

Player: Chad Coredo (With a picture of Cordero fist pumping or something)

Facts and statistics or Cordero: like how he converted 48 saves in 2005.

Loading Screen #16

Team: Chicago Cubs

Player: Derrek Lee

Facts and stuff: Talk about Lee's great 2005 year

Loading Screen #17

Team: Atlanta Braves

Player: Andruw Jones

Facts and Stuff: Talk about Jones' GG streak and his 51 bombs

etc.

Obviously, it would be a large undertaking where many fans would have to be involved and extremely devoted. If people think too much Willis is a bad thing, here's another option. As long as we keep it EQUAL for all ML teams. 10 screens for the Yankees, 5 for the White Sox pennant run, and another 3 for the Killer Bs wouldn't do. That's unfair, 30 for each ML team, we can come up with other ideas on what to do with the other 20. (Honor Hall of Famers like Gehrig and Aaron?)

It's cool, but it will take a lot of work from a lot of people.

---

BTW Rossmac, I just checked out your Willis theme (You are able to see some of the screens on MVP 2004!), I love it but I can see where people feel it is 'too blurry'. I guess you could only make it as good as the pictures can provide, I wonder if anyone has a 1000 by 1000 pixel Willis pictures hanging around...

I'm working on fixing them. I was just trying to get a first set out there for comments. The main menu screens may be blurry because of the transparency setting I used. I am hoping to get a better set done before the fianl roll out

Archived