The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

They can. But it would be a hassle to extract all of his graphic changes, logos, fonts, etc., to make a new template to make these from. If Mac is making them now, especially for the license / loading / CTS, it should be fairly simple for him to set this up and make it available for others' use.

Otherwise, I and many others are going to be re-inserting MVP 2005-styled menus and screens, which would defeat the whole purpose of doing this.

--Eric

Only if you say please LOL

It will not be a problem when I am done uploading templates. I have been keeping track of the fonts I used as well so it will be easier to compile a list later (this is not my first time LOL). I wont be able to upload those as I dont wont to violate the EULA of the fonts. I think most of them are common and free.

Just to make it clear I am only doing Willis at this time. After MVP 06 is released I will be happy to make others but I am trying to stick to the theme and that is keeping me busy enough.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is super long, and I think many of my posts have been made today out of frustration that the only progress we've seen in the last 10 or so pages are in things like menu screens that folks are going to wind up changing anyway.

What else needs to be worked on? Maybe we could schedule a roundtable in the chatroom to talk about other possibilities for the 2006 mod?

--Eric

This thread is super long, and I think many of my posts have been made today out of frustration that the only progress we've seen in the last 10 or so pages are in things like menu screens that folks are going to wind up changing anyway.

What else needs to be worked on? Maybe we could schedule a roundtable in the chatroom to talk about other possibilities for the 2006 mod?

--Eric

I agree this would be useful, however I want to caution against trying to do too much, too soon. At this point, obviously rosters aren't set, uniforms are still being announced, we don't have complete information about the Citizens Bank Park and PETCO modifications, and we don't have any idea what the parks are going to look like updated for next season.

Personally, I've just started a new job and am prepping to start a second one in January, so I've just been taking it easy and actually playing the games when I had free time. I know Pirate is similarly burned out, so I'm guessing that people are just relaxing and refreshing a bit before jumping back into the '06 fold. The fact that we have CTS / loading screens at this point is tremendous, and so I think we're making good progress all in all.

At this point, as far as I know, friedman's working on his schedule, Pirate's taking a break from Busch, SS is working on his roster, and new graphics are being created every day. Plus, KC has already created the new Nationals uniform, so we should be getting more stuff trickling in all the time.

SeanO:

Very astute observations. Consider me assuaged. I'm not a big football fan, so there's nothing for me to do in the fall/winter but await baseball season. Is there anything else that can be done that doesn't require an extensive amount of programming or a good video card?

--Eric

SeanO:

Very astute observations. Consider me assuaged. I'm not a big football fan, so there's nothing for me to do in the fall/winter but await baseball season. Is there anything else that can be done that doesn't require an extensive amount of programming or a good video card?

--Eric

no need to get frustrated. I, like everyone else, am just working on items when I get the chance. Even after we get things "complete" there will still be changes. Just take it slow and dont overwhelm yourself.

Sigh. I think SS, you may end up having to use those generic fsh files from the downloads section because I've gotten no help re: installing new ord and orl files to replace the generic faces. Only krawhitham can help me and I think I've actually been able to stump him if you can believe that...

Swingin, do you have a formula for each players decline and progression with age and past numbers? For example, could you maybe show the difference you will have in say CARLOS DELGADO from last year to this year?

Also, am I right in remembering that in early January we can expect a beta version of it all?

Thanks

Yep, by mid-January there will be a beta. I had a more complicated method for evalutation last year, this time I was more conservative with ratings. I think this will help accuracy though it makes me hold back my personal predictions for certain players.

Here is a quick overview of my progression method:

5 stars: Superstar, great player, or extremely highly rated prospect (eg. A-Rod, Ortiz, Verlander)

4 stars: Established good player (eg. Giambi, Soriano)

3 Stars: Regular Major League player

2 Stars: Swingman, journeyman rating

1 star: Piece of crap

Sometimes progression ratings are tinkered with in order to control a player's overall rating. Kevin Brown for example has been giving a very low rating despite the fact he may be a hall of famer and still had good K and BB stats in 2005. BUT, for accuracy's sake we all know how undesirable Brown is at this point so his progression rating has been crushed. Likely, he'll retire and be deleted anyway. :/

Carlos Delgado 2005 rating:

contact L: 71

power L: 83

contact R: 71

power R: 86

Carlos Delgado 2006 rating:

contact L: 68

power L: 80

contact R: 92

power R: 98

I could post more examples or even more changed attributes on Delgado (even attributes for players no one cares about) but I'm lazy, and I'm getting back to work on my roster!

Archived