The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

Sean-O, please remove me, sdoyle7798, and Gige56 from the generics. SS will take care of that.

Please add me to crowd mods.

SS and Seon-O, here is what I did and am doing-

working readfile says:

install to your MVP Baseball 2005dataaudiocrowddb directory.

"More boos from the crowd early and late in the game when the pitcher gives a batter too many balls, gives up homers, etc.

Louder boos as well, or really, booing lasts a bit longer.

higher probability for more umpire heckles for bad calls.

Other audio changes such as when the away team scores there will be more booing even whether or not the home team has a big or small lead. More booing for errors made by the home team and the game is close. Alot of things such as this. Nothing to alter the game in a strange fashion, but to make the crowds way more livelier.

by unclemo for MVP MLB 2006"

I will also be working on having the crowd more livlier when a team scores, or the home team walks and the game is close, etc etc.

This will not change the game so much to where you feel like the crowd is weird but change their reactions so that it seems like the crowd is into the game and eating it up.

Ex: I tested this out. I was pitching against the away team and changed it so that when I threw ball 3 the crowd started to boo (changed from "oh" to oh boo medium" I think). I then changed the audio so that the crowd boos the home team's pitcher (keep in mind this is the home crowd) when a walk was issued. So when I gave ball 4 the crowd bood me good. I changed it to "boo high". So the crowd was still booing until the next batter came up to the plate. Very great stuff, trust me.

Swingin' Sori Likey?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep things on subject please.

SS, the answer to your question is absolutely yes. My mod will have a balance of what you want and what it already is so that the crowd is not excited about every single pitch/event in the game and the user will feel weird. Baseball has its lulls and thrills. My goal is to make it have both but that their is more excitement, electricity about the crowd. You'll all love it I'm sure.

Uncle Mo, Here are some crowd suggestions:

1. How about some cheers when the Away Team gets a hit or a homerun or a walk? Because When I go to see a Blue Jay game vs. the Yankees or the Red Sox, I see a lot of fans from out of town to cheer the away team. What do you think? I would love it.

2. When a pitcher(s) gets 7 strike-outs at the Rogers Center for the Jays, you get a free pizza from ''Pizza Pizza''. So maybe if a pitcher(s) in the game has 6 K's already and a 2 strike count, the crowd can cheer: ''PIZZA!, PIZZA!, PIZZA!'', which by the way happens in real life in that situtation.

What do you think?

1. doesn't happen often enough, maybe if that was a different mod, like for use of playoff games. maybe that happens to low market teams like jays, pirates, atlanta hawks (that sucks) etc because people are there to see the other team. So, answer is no.

2. too difficult, either can't/won't do it since you're speaking of a specific event. there is no such thing similar in mvp unless the announcers say "that's 7 strikeouts' and i change the voice to say that's 7ks and free pizza or whatever, but then again it'd be someone elses voices i'd have to import. too hard, won't do it.

Mo. I like the idea. The orignal sounds are boring and anything that can be done to liven them up is a good thing. One question is there a way you can make the sound when the bat hits the ball closer to a "ping" sound? I have an aluminum bat mod installed right now and a "ping" like sound would be great

Mo. I like the idea. The orignal sounds are boring and anything that can be done to liven them up is a good thing. One question is there a way you can make the sound when the bat hits the ball closer to a "ping" sound? I have an aluminum bat mod installed right now and a "ping" like sound would be great

This isn't college baseball.

nah, i dont' have those audio files.

and those that love the braves will be thrilled at what i just did.

more occurances of tomahawk chants, more occurances of shae stadium fans dogging LARRY (chipper).

more probability of home team being "intense".

Rossmac, nope sorry.

I am not adding sound files yet. I'm simply changint the .xls spreadsheets so that I can make things happen differently.

I am messing with a hand ful of sound files but have not tested them out so for now let's just say I'm not doing any sound file replacements like I used to.

true, but what about the other postions (major/minor pitching, major/minor hitting, trainer, scout)

You don't see pitching coaches, trainers, and scouts. They aren't there.

----

Anyway, I made some rips of the 1986 World Series theme. I wonder if it is good enough to replace the game music with, probably too old timey... It was made 20+ years ago.

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2712.html

You don't see pitching coaches, trainers, and scouts. They aren't there.

----

Anyway, I made some rips of the 1986 World Series theme. I wonder if it is good enough to replace the game music with, probably too old timey... It was made 20+ years ago.

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2712.html

I think he's talking about the portraits of the other coaches.

Ok I am officially confused. I had no problem updating the loading screens, etc. but when I try to update the menu screens (i.e. the jpystick tips before game starts) the game crashes. I am making them 1024x512 which is what the original is. any suggestions?

Archived