The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean-O, Pirate, and whoever is working on the stadiums. I was just wondering if you guys will be updating the ads as well? For obvious reasons all the parks have generic ads in the original game. Also is it possible to add the "Monstah" seats at fenway?

I think Hory made every portrait possible already. If we do some off-season portraits, it would be best to stick with a 'clear' background.

You think the clear background is better than this type? I can see what you are saying about Hory's portaits, but since your changing everything possible for the new MVP 06 mod, don't you think these would be batter than the clear backgorun. Besides, it is very easy to change the background for them. If I were to get Hory's permisson, which I haven't PM'd him about I could easily change those backgrounds to mine. All the current preview was that of my own work. UncleMo thinks it is great work and I think it could be a great addition to the current mod in production. What do you think about this?

You think the clear background is better than this type? I can see what you are saying about Hory's portaits, but since your changing everything possible for the new MVP 06 mod, don't you think these would be batter than the clear backgorun.

I am not into a background for a portrait. Though all the players who had switched teams could get new portraits, but it is just easier to wait until February when all the new pictures are up.

I bet there could be a way to implement a nice design or color scheme behind a portriat, but there's like 5,000 of those things, it would be a great investiment of time.

he's talkin about that if any player gets traded than what will happen. You can't Have a pic of Manny Witha Red Sox Background On the Orioles

Okay my next question is, if I do get permisson to be able to use Hory's portraits, do you think a generic portrait would be as good for any player in baseball. If you take a look at UncleMo's avatar, you would know what i am talking about. Having a lot of computer graphics talents, I would love to be able to take on any aspect of the mod that I can my hands on.

Well, I guess you must PM Hory and find out. One possible scheme you can do is you can put some sort of team logo and team color scheme behind each portrait, but that'd seem a bit tacky.

eg. Interlocking NY and navy blue behind Yankees' players, Yellow A and green background for Oakland As players.

The most practicaly option is really to keep them the way they are.

Since you are makign those suggestions, do you think a generic background like in UncleMo's avatar would be is good?I remember a few posts back someone said what about if people get traded in the game. You know things of that nature. i.e. free agents, trades, etc. I am aking if they would think a generic background boasting the MLB logo(or something) and the MVP06 logo in the background, and I thought just keeping it white would keep it simple as well instead of adding color to the background. You know, like a compromise between the original and the new idea.

Guest JWClubbie

In MVP edit, you can change the minor league managers.

Currently, If I am correct their is only one field present for Minor League Manager's. Is their a way to add fields to input real ML managers the same as the Majors. I would be willing to enter this data.

Since you are makign those suggestions, do you think a generic background like in UncleMo's avatar would be is good?I remember a few posts back someone said what about if people get traded in the game. You know things of that nature. i.e. free agents, trades, etc. I am aking if they would think a generic background boasting the MLB logo(or something) and the MVP06 logo in the background, and I thought just keeping it white would keep it simple as well instead of adding color to the background. You know, like a compromise between the original and the new idea.

The clear background would probably be better than that unless you can show us something that is so nice we can say otherwise. Your efforts are appreciated but the whole portrait thing has been done by Hory this year. The best way to contribute is to provide the portrait of players who had switched teams.

Archived