The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you go about that? Big Schmooz is getting credit for giving me permission to use his models.big file. Same with the modders who helped the file come together. If you would not want your faces to be included I would not know why, they would only help the MVP 06 project. I am sure others would agree. Of course I would appreciate your permission just to make things easier, or at least a way to get the faces out. I presume that you are just going against this project.

It is a shame that you are attempting to hurt this project out of spite, because you do not like me, for a reason I do not know.

Here is WHY

Corey Progress

Nothing much to talk about, I'm hanging with my cats and working on my epic rosters. Hopefully people will appreciate updated rosters rather than old junk with a few adjustments and those oh so accurate minor leaguers. (Which I would be saying mockingly if I were talking.)

http://www.xanga.com/coreycorner

ss16ts.png

Old junk? who is basing their roster off of MVP 2004?

here is what I wrote awhile back but choose to not post it, I did not feel it right to call you out, but since you have chosen to disrepect Totte and the UR crew **** it

How accurate can they be when the ages are not correct and the fact that some 'prospects' will be rated high enough to take Major League spots? I have that problem enough in the alpha of my roster and I did not rate minor leaguers all that highly.

All you did was move the DOB back 2 years (2 because you are basing your roster off of 2004, that will be changed to 1 I'm sure)

So you are saying your rosters are the bomb because you changed the DOB? You also say the prospect are ranted too high but say you have the same problem?

So all one has to do is move the DOB back to be a roster GOD like you?

Anyway, I offered Totte my work and he heavily considered, but him and HypnoxXx have decided against it.

In what like seconds after that beta was released, you have the yankees ranked #1 and the white sox ranked like 21st

the Reds bats are ranked 28th, last I checked they scored more runs and any other NL team last season and 4th overall

I believe the attributes in my roster are objective and accurate, that's no fault to Totte but when you have fans of certain teams making their own teams the biases are obvious.

the Yankees you have would give the 27 Yankees a run for their money, only team I know inside and out is the Cincinnati Reds, and besides wrong body sizes, batting stances, pitches, attributes, and tendencies they are right on target

real quick lets look at Adam Dunn

he hits a HR every 13.14 ABs VS right hander

he hits a HR every 14.46 ABs VS left hander

you have VS Right at 93 power and HR%=11

you have VS Right at 70 power and HR%=4

1.32 less ABs per HR = 23 power points and 8% ???

how is that accurate attributes?

but that is just one player so lets looks at another

Ryan Freel

he batted .299 VS left your contact 74

he batted .260 VS right your contact 76

so for accurate attributes a drop of 39 points in average equals 2 higher for contact and more hot zones

maybe I'm just picking on you and you do not know much about the Reds lets try something different comparing two different players on two different teams

lets compare Pat Burrell & Vladimir Guerrero

VS lefties

Guerrero .313 AVG, 16 BB, 150 ABs, and 9 HR

Burrell .318 AVG, 35 BB, 154 AB and 10 HR

attributes

Guerrero 92 contact 93 power 11% HR

Burrell 80 contact 80 power 8% HR

Yep they sure are objective and accurate

I will be somehow making the final Total MLB uniform patch, hopefully I will not be doing these uniforms over again. I'm talking final here, meaning no more updates past this patch, unless a team gets a makeover.

Hopefully 1.07 drops next month, and this will be the uniform mod that will be officially used for the MVP '06 Project.

Cheers,

-KC

Kraw, it's called a blog. It's a place to rant about frustrations and things like that. Not everything is supposed to be taken completely seriously.

(2 because you are basing your roster off of 2004, that will be changed to 1 I'm sure)

You are right.

So all one has to do is move the DOB back to be a roster GOD like you?

Never said I was a God. And I am not a God at anything.

In what like seconds after that beta was released, you have the yankees ranked #1 and the white sox ranked like 21st

That's why is was a BETA, there are still changes. Teams like the Yanks and As were overrated while the Angels and White Sox were very underrated. That's why I'm in the process of changing them. And yes, I even felt the Reds were underrated and I am in the process of changing that as well. If you doubt my objectivity look at Soriano's ratings, but I will do what I can (by looking at the overall bar in MVP 2005) to reduce ratings accordingly.

real quick lets look at Adam Dunn

he hits a HR every 13.14 ABs VS right hander

he hits a HR every 14.46 ABs VS left hander

you have VS Right at 93 power and HR%=11

you have VS Right at 70 power and HR%=4

1.32 less ABs per HR = 23 power points and 8% ???

Takes road stats into account, away from GAB, Dunn slugs .446. Against lefties (home + road), he slugs .463. Thus accounting for less power against lefties than against righties. Of course I am taking another look at many players, and that will raise the ratings of some and decrease the ratings of others. Also, body types, windups, and such are also depend on the eye of the beholder. You may see things differently than the way I see things. You seemingly have no beef with Griffey's ratings, or Harang's for that matter.

Ryan Freel

he batted .299 VS left your contact 74

he batted .260 VS right your contact 76

so for accurate attributes a drop of 39 points in average equals 2 higher for contact and more hot zones

Three year (2003 - 2005) splits dictate that Freel had a higher average against righties than lefties. When I adjusted Freel, his 2002-2004 splits probably had a greater discrepancy. Also, Freel's value is in his ability to get on base and play great defense at a number of positions, something that MVP's engine does not rate as highly as power.

lets compare Pat Burrell & Vladimir Guerrero

VS lefties

Guerrero .313 AVG, 16 BB, 150 ABs, and 9 HR

Burrell .318 AVG, 35 BB, 154 AB and 10 HR

attributes

Guerrero 92 contact 93 power 11% HR

Burrell 80 contact 80 power 8% HR

Guerrero is coming off a great season and a MVP season. Burrell had two subpar years and a comeback year in a hitter's park. Three year splits show that Burrell slugged .460 against lefties. Guerrero slugged .684 against lefties over the same three years, and has a much better reputation as a hitter as Burrell.

I see where you are coming from but there is a 'method behind the madness'. I apologize for the comments I made when I was pissed off on my blog, and if you want me to remove them, I will though the can of worms has already been opened. I am sorry if I shown any disrespect to the UR team and to you. I do not think I am better than any of you. UR is #1 for a reason, and I do not plan or intend to change that. I am just going about things in a different angle, and if I fail, I fail. Again I apologize.

Hopefully 1.07 drops next month, and this will be the uniform mod that will be officially used for the MVP '06 Project.

Are you considering tweaking the Padres' uniform colors? I'm a big Padres fan and I have to say the home blue caps and helmets are too dark and the road unis are a bit too yellowish, IMHO. On my system, the Umachines colors seem to be more accurate with regards to the colors and tones. Please consider it. Anyone else agree?

All I have to say is, I am a newbie to the site and Soriano has been nothing but helpful. Being new here, I just don't understand why there is so much hostility between factions -- there's nothing wrong with having more options to choose from. It just creates a better experience.

I hope everyone can make up and move on.

Hey KC, is your update going to include the new All-Star Uniforms for 2006? I know there are no concept drawings of the All-Star Uniforms, but if there are no pics available by your release date, I think it would be cool to create All Star unis of your own (maybe using the Pirate's colors). Also, has anyone thought about updating the NL stars and AL stars logo. I think if it doesn't include the Pirate's colors, each should be either blue or red.

also, the Allstar Uni photos would need to be updated

KC-

Thanks for letting us use the uniforms, since your work is the best in the community.

Kraw-

I am not going to involve myself in the issue unless you and SS want me to, but I respect your decision either way. Obviously we would like use of the mod, but if we have to work around it, so it is.

Pirate-

You know I think you rule, that's all that needs to be said.

While I doubt this will be ready by Feb. 20th there is a chance. I have handed the stadium over to Sean and he will now work his maic. After taht I have a lot of touch ups to do and then I need to implement real advertisements on the walls and scoreboard, etc. That could take a while. It all depends on when the Cardinals put the ads up and when I can get photos of that.

I do plan on releasing the stadium seperately from the 2006 mod. I do not plan on using the mod in it's entirety. I think many folks will be doing the same.

Hey Pirate, your grass doen't look shiny at all. Is that because it's a picture from so far back or is there a specific mod that fixes the grass for each stadium?
I am not Pirate, but I think raindelay11(or something) has a stadium grass fix. Correct me if I am wrong.

- There will be a big 500 mb+ version. No brain necessary. :lol: It will come with the stadiums, Hory's schedule, roster, models.big, Trues' overlay, Mo's sound mods, and of course Rossmac's Willis theme. :)

- You can download everything separately as well. "Recommended for Advanced Users". :lol: Basically if you already got Hory's schedule, Willis theme, UR, you can just download everything else separately and save time and hard-drive space.

Archived