The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys...just downloaded 06 and thought i'd put my two cents in just in case i mention some things you didnt know (which i apologize if i dont). the teams look really great as far as rosters go, but the batting orders dont look real great on some of the teams. i figured you just didnt spend much time on batting orders because of rosters not even being in spring training form yet, but its something i noticed. the game speed was also fast...i never played a game without this mod (just got the game) so it might not be the mod. just wanted to put my two cents in to see if it would help. bottom line is this is UNREAL and i'm greatful. i will definately be donating soon.

Yeah its reallly f'ed up there, Hafner hits 2nd, Peralta leads off and has a 60 contact, and Hollansworth has a high 80 contact and hits 4th 8O

Whats going on with this game? I removed datafile.txt and put in the default datafile.big and nothing happened I have a pitching camera from like centerfield. The walks mod that i tried to get rid of is still there. I still have no walk-up music or HR music, and when I installed the Fox Audio theme nothing happened. And no offense, but as far as ratings go the rosters were kind of dissapointing.

Whats going on with this game? I removed datafile.txt and put in the default datafile.big and nothing happened I have a pitching camera from like centerfield. The walks mod that i tried to get rid of is still there. I still have no walk-up music or HR music, and when I installed the Fox Audio theme nothing happened. And no offense, but as far as ratings go the rosters were kind of dissapointing.

Look I know you are pissed this was released, just uninstall it and go on with life

this is you half *** way of supporting SS, which I respect. But if you do not like it, delete it off of your computer

BTW you screwed something up when you "put in the default datafile.big"

I just replaced the datafile.txt with EA's default version and everything was back to normal (walk-up music, HR music, & cameras)

Man, I never realised just how much a twitch game player I ain't! :p

Great stuff this. Really great. But for those (like me) who can't handle the itty-bitty pitch meter zone, can we make that an option? Maybe put a datafile.txt in the /data directory renamed to CANTPITCHdatafile.txt or something? That way, us non-twitchies can override the new default behavior if we like, but nobody else has to worry. There's room for a range of options there... one could put several datafiles in there and give people lots and lots of ways to do things.

For those who don't want to wait for something like that, here's a step by step on restoration :

1. on your 1st MVP CD there's a standard .zip file called compressed.zip in the root folder, open that up with ZipGenius or Winzip or somesuch

2. Within compressed.zip is CD:[compressed.zip]/data/datafile/datafile.big

3. and copy datafile.big to C:/EASPORTS/MVP Baseball 2005/data/datafile (or where ever you have the game installed) that will restore the old pitch meter, but you'll also lose the camera angles (which are great, the defaults for 4 and 5 are awful).

Just a thought, but something that game-changing, no matter how good, really should be made an option, not the default.

Look I know you are [naughty word] this was released, just uninstall it and go on with life

this is you half *** way of supporting SS, which I respect. But if you do not like it, delete it off of your computer

BTW you screwed something up when you "put in the default datafile.big"

I just replaced the datafile.txt with EA's default version and everything was back to normal (walk-up music, HR music, & cameras)

You gotta be kidding, I was so happy when I saw this because I got a new hardrive and I didn't want to have to get everything myself. Look, I like your mod and I like you but if whenever I have a problem it's just because I hate you and your mod, c'mon man, thats wrong. I might have come across a bit pissed, I'm in a bad mood because my iPod is screwed up, it has nothing to do with you. Sorry.

I'm going to redo the datafile from the ground up

I got ahold of KSM's V4, so I will be steeling walkup cameras, and behind the pitcher camera

I did not know walk-up and HR music was removed, that will be added back

as for the pitching problems, you can adjust your sliders to correct the problem

Most sliders have "user pitch metter difficulty" at -50 move that to +50 and see what happens.

I would like everyone to have the same datafile, because the same datafile is needed for online play

BTW it is an option, you have the option not to download it

plus it is set up so you can use any datafile you want, the way you always could. Just drop the datafile.txt in the data folder

wait, i dont undrstand whats going on?

there's 2 mvp 06 projects?

huuuhhhhhhh?

and also, whats going on with kraw? why is he upset? i dont want to go through 79 pages so someone fill me in.

wow, 2 06 projects --that's wierd. who's in charge of the projects?

Most sliders have "user pitch metter difficulty" at -50 move that to +50 and see what happens.

I would like everyone to have the same datafile, because the same datafile is needed for online play

I tried that, the pitch meter difficulty adjusts the speed at which the meter operates, not the size of the 'good pitch zone'. That was the very first thing I tried. :D

BTW it is an option, you have the option not to download it

plus it is set up so you can use any datafile you want, the way you always could. Just drop the datafile.txt in the data folder

I may have that option, but judging from the general lack of computer knowledge on these forums, others (read: most) don't. I'm a programmer and a network engineer, so doing a couple of hours of homework to get something just right isn't unusual or even an issue. What is an issue is this:

Do you cater to the couple of people who are bothered by 'easy' pitching meters or do you cater more to the larger group of people who use the standard settings?

Doing things the first way virtually guarrantees more work for you, as you answer multiple questions on the forums on 'how to get the ptich meter back' and have to ask for a sticky, taking up more space on the already crowded front page of the forums (which, by the way, actually discourages forum use). Remember, the vast majority of people want things to 'just work' and when you make fundamental changes to game-play, that doesn't make for 'just working'. You get to look forward to FAQ's, stickies, new entries into the readme.txt, answering the same question dozens of times, why? Because that's the way it 'should be'? That's not a really satisfactory answer. Sure, a purist will say it is, but the average joe just wants to play his game.

A more sensible option (and all of what, 5 minutes work?) is to put a re-named datafile.txt in the /data folder for purists as the far smaller set of people who find that useful are already those willing to put in the extra work. If you make it easy for them - renaming a file is about as easy it gets - you get to cater to both interested parties with a minimum of fuss.

Again, this doesn't affect me, I already know how to fix the problem and in the big scheme of things, it's not really that important, but why make more work for yourself? Adding in an extra datafile.txt minimizes the amount of steps for everyone involved and makes MVP 06 more flexible, able to sate the desires of a much larger portion of the population, which is always a desireable outcome.

Oh, and as an aside, the 06 Mod works just fine on an unpatched version of the game (I forgot to patch a fresh install on a new laptop in my excitement to see this mod in action). I played 7 or 8 games, did a bunch of sims and didn't find any problems that the unpatched game doesn't have.

I tried that, the pitch meter difficulty adjusts the speed at which the meter operates, not the size of the 'good pitch zone'. That was the very first thing I tried. :D

I may have that option, but judging from the general lack of computer knowledge on these forums, others (read: most) don't. I'm a programmer and a network engineer, so doing a couple of hours of homework to get something just right isn't unusual or even an issue. What is an issue is this:

Do you cater to the couple of people who are bothered by 'easy' pitching meters or do you cater more to the larger group of people who use the standard settings?

Doing things the first way virtually guarrantees more work for you, as you answer multiple questions on the forums on 'how to get the ptich meter back' and have to ask for a sticky, taking up more space on the already crowded front page of the forums (which, by the way, actually discourages forum use). Remember, the vast majority of people want things to 'just work' and when you make fundamental changes to game-play, that doesn't make for 'just working'. You get to look forward to FAQ's, stickies, new entries into the readme.txt, answering the same question dozens of times, why? Because that's the way it 'should be'? That's not a really satisfactory answer. Sure, a purist will say it is, but the average joe just wants to play his game.

A more sensible option (and all of what, 5 minutes work?) is to put a re-named datafile.txt in the /data folder for purists as the far smaller set of people who find that useful are already those willing to put in the extra work. If you make it easy for them - renaming a file is about as easy it gets - you get to cater to both interested parties with a minimum of fuss.

Again, this doesn't affect me, I already know how to fix the problem and in the big scheme of things, it's not really that important, but why make more work for yourself? Adding in an extra datafile.txt minimizes the amount of steps for everyone involved and makes MVP 06 more flexible, able to sate the desires of a much larger portion of the population, which is always a desireable outcome.

Oh, and as an aside, the 06 Mod works just fine on an unpatched version of the game (I forgot to patch a fresh install on a new laptop in my excitement to see this mod in action). I played 7 or 8 games, did a bunch of sims and didn't find any problems that the unpatched game doesn't have.

are you the same asshole that wanted to upload all stadiums as one file without asking if it was ok first.

and I do not carter to anyone, I wanted this for myself. Hory and Totte liked the idea so it was released to you guys.

And it is not more work for me, after the bugs are worked out, (bugs not what people dislike) I will not be doing tect support on the project

I'm new, but I would like to throw my 2 cents in. If I am being a pain in the ***, just let me know, I only want to make this game better than any baseball game ever!

I don't know if there are any Angel fans on this site, but I am and I found some issues with their team.

1) Lacky throws a Slurve not a slider.

2) Brandon Wood is a BA top 3 overall entire Minor Leagues prospect, shouldn't he have the BA top 100 logo in his profile?

3) Also I don't know how important the minor league set up is, but the Angels Minor Leagues seem to be way out of whack. This might be the way it has to be based on limitations.

Let me know if I can help any of the modders out with my knowledge. I have no idea how to do this stuff, but I would love to help out in any way possible.

Post roster questions/suggestions/fixes etc in the Ultimate Roster thread here

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&f...iewtopic&t=5874

With the 'out of whack' Angels system, be sure to post the specific issues or corrections you have, so Totte can investigate and make any changes needed.

As for the BA top 100 the 2006 edition is announced in a couple of weeks I think, at which point Totte will make the neccessary changes

are you the same [naughty word] that wanted to upload all stadiums as one file without asking if it was ok first.

and I do not carter to anyone, I wanted this for myself. Hory and Totte liked the idea so it was released to you guys.

And it is not more work for me, after the bugs are worked out, (bugs not what people dislike) I will not be doing tect support on the project

Whoa there buddy, we're on the same side, remember?

I don't personally care what you think of me, but don't shoot the messenger. I'm simply pointing out that you're going to run into problems with people who like things the other way, especially when you do it with little warning - this isn't the MVP 06 Baseball Accuracy Mod, it's just the MVP 06 mod. In fact, it's already started! There's a post on the forums asking specifically about this.

Go your own way, seriously, but make sure to accomodate people when you can with so little effort, you'll be better for it and the mod will too.

Archived