The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

- If CDs would be distributed, it would have to be for no profits.

- Taking all EA stuff out of the game is a good idea. How about... MVPmods logos?

- I would not like MLB on Fox or ESPN, the MLB International theme is mostly unknown, but it's catchy. Hopefully Hory can rip some of it.

- Hi-Res Bats or Gloves are okay, as long as they are the correct colors (once installed spitoon's bats and gloves for MVP2004 and I wound up without blue or red gloves and many of the bat combinations) so they can correspond with the bat and glove colors I put on my roster. (EA's choices) I put in a lot of time to get the right colors down, we need to make sure that a hi-res glove mod includes red and blue gloves, and that all the original bat colors are included.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, I just got another idea. Probably wouldn't work, and now that I think about it it's just a joke, but why don't we get a bunch of cd or thick DVD cases (madden 2006) and burn the game onto the cd with a true installer, send the cd to Trues' house, he'll burn about... 19,000 copies, and then he mails them all out, all for a price of 39.99 each! :lmao:

LOL, that would be so awsome.

I'd be glad to help with this project, just let me know what I can do. I didn't say anything earlier cause I wasn't sure if I would have the time (and computer space), but now that I know that I'm getting an Xbox 360 in the near future I think I can get rid of all my PC games and get MVP re-installed.

I like the International overlay too, but I would also like to be able to use the real overlays as well. Maybe we take the International overlay and make it the mvpmods one like EA had their own?

-BBHD

I will gladly take care of any song mods. I was planning to make new in between innings music. I will also make new menu music songs if you guys would like that, and I will make new batter ditty music (real songs) if you guys want that.

So let's see... so far I've got the updated schedule, batter ditty music, broadcast music, and menu music. I guess I'll be pretty busy this off-season.

Hey Freidman, since it seems that you have enough on your plate already, do you mind if I work with the menu music? Seeing as there's not really much else I can do, I'd like to help out somehow.

Yeah, I have to concur that there absolutely cannot be any logo showing 1). EA Sports, 2). Major League Baseball or 3). The MLB Players Association. That will lead us down a road we certainly don't want to encounter, so we shouldn't step on anyone's toes on this at all. Obviously I'm hoping to distribute (if they'll let us) the modified stadiums made for 2005 which contain real logos, but that shouldn't be an issue since no money is involved in this whatsoever.

I also agree that this should be a seperate install from regular MVP, since it will be a completely new package. I think we should dump the intro video, create all new menu images, include new, public domain songs (if possible) for the menus, dump the annoying "new" logos next to the mvp 2005 additions, and then take it from there.

I would really love if we could get someone who has photoshop experience but no real MVP experience to update all of the stadium graphics to the ones we're including. And, I'd mentioned this earlier, but does anyone who has experience with the non-stadium folder files know if it's possible to increase the number of stadiums the game would recognize? Because we need seven or eight more slots for classic parks (including Busch Stadium, now), and it'd be nice to include some different minor league parks as well, like the two versions of Hadlock and the Tacoma AAA park, plus I could probably release the version of Spring Training Stadium 1 with a 40' wall in right, just for variation. All of these would really make everything that much better.

So, essentially I want a total overhaul in one easy to download package, stadiums, installer, datafiles, player progression (if bill would oblige), menu graphics, sounds, rosters, uniforms, and cyberfaces. In a perfect world we could have a high and a low-res version, but that'll be our last possible consideration.

I should note that I'm currently in a tech week for a show i'm designing, so i'm gone from the house from 10AM to 10PM. After thanksgiving things should settle back down.

Thanks everyone.

Wooow 8O , nice

what font did you use for this...

i was actually suggesting that the mlb logo be crammed in between the mvp and 06 like the nfl logo is crammed in between madden and 06. ditch the "mlb baseball" part. it looks kinda corny.

here's the template i'm talking about

update051005_madden06.jpg

like that expect it would say mvp 06 and it would have a baseball stadium behind our cover boy.

This is a great project. If I was more competent with computers I'd surely help out.

Anyway, I'll be supporting of your efforts since we need to do as much as possible to keep everyone satisfied with baseball-less gaming year.

Too bad we can't hire an EA programmer to make new animations and include 40 man rosters.

Actually I've made a cover, however the features are blank and they will be added in as the days go by. The cover athlete hasn't been added yet but so far it looks like a real XBOX cover.

ftcvmd.jpg

On top of that, I plan on doing a trailer for "MVP '06: Major League Baseball" real soon, once I get the right footage.

-KC

Pirate sure did. As long as we don't sell anything we should be fine, the disclaimer will just cover our ***. Lets just make sure we are saying we are modifying an EXISTING game, not distributing a NEW one. While we are modding MVP 2005 to be like a new, and even giving it a new name (MVP 06), it is still just MVP 2005.

I have a question for you guys. I want to release a batter ditty mod with real, new songs. However, when I release the mod, I will be using songs where I haven't received permission from the artists to use them. I don't want to get myself, or MVPMods into any trouble, so, before I release the mod, is it possible that I or MVPMods could get into trouble by doing this? Because I really don't want to take a chance and get us into trouble

2006 rosters: Me

New Busch Stadium: Pirate

2006 Schedule: Friedman

The think the rest is up for grabs. I'm sure we'll have volunteers to make the graphics when we decide who our coverplayer is. Friedman also volunteered to do much more things. We'll just need a few more things:

- new CTS screen and other graphics with cover-player

- hi-res bats (light brown, dark brown, red, black, lb-black, db-black, r-black, red-lb.)

- hi-res gloves (light brown, brown, red, blue, black)

- possible few new cyberfaces if not already made yet

- 2006 uniforms

- a big models.big to put them all in to come with the entire download

- an installer file from someone (just to put everything all together)

- optional: new between innings song (I am going to get some .wav files from the MLB International theme.)

- Optional: new soundtrack

- Optional: new ditties

If there is anything I am forgetting... Possibly we can have the file be very big and come with tons of mods that are already made. (Like the modded stadiums, cyberfaces, etc.)

Just need some more devoted volunteers. :) But it is November, not every mod takes months to make. (Though the rosters and schedule do take months to make.)

Archived