The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the first post. :)

apologize and thanks for the heads up. FVCKING AWESOME guys!

And Swingin, I know you are doing the rosters but as pointed out before, yours do not have total minors. Will someone be updating the Ultimate Rosters project throughout or are you going to work on maybe bringing his minors over to yours? Can you even do that?

Updated UncleMo's inclusion in the project on the first page, and a note to everyone:

I would refrain from uploading CTS screens, rosters, etc. so we can release the entire project under one installer when it is finished. Obviously some aspects will need to be released sooner rather than later (the stadiums, specifically), but if it's under the MVP06 banner, I would love to keep it unique until final release. I figure there's going to be a pretty heavy beta period where we'll take respected volunteers to test everything out, but it would be nice to keep it rather under wraps until then.

Sound good?

A Beta period sounds good, possibly we can have an officially release date. How about... SPRING TRAINING 2006! We should have all of this work smoothely so people don't have to worry about tinkering much when they download 06.

About my rosters and total minors:

- I am not a believer in 'total minors'. If someone takes my roster and makes it a total minors roster, they are welcome to do so. But, it is hard to accurately portray major league players, let alone minor leaguers. I do not know every minorleaguer in depth, the result of a total minors would be a bunch of real names with a bunch of made-up attributes and pitches. This is not what I want. I want accuracy, and I am doing my best to get everything right on the major league level with the pictures and videos provided by MLB.com and my own extensive viewing of MLB games. :)

- The 'star power' system (player potential) affects the player rating. Players can get severely overrated if given good star power, thus it would force all the 'top prospects' into the higher levels despite the fact they should not be ready. I tried to minimize this problem as much as possible in my roster, by lacking much of the over-hyped and not close to ready minor leaguers I am able to make everything more fair. An example of this is Justin Verlander in my roster. He is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball and he has the 5 star rating. This creates a problem, he is rated higher than most established pitchers just because of his potential. The CPU will put Verlander into the Tigers' rotation despite the fact he should be in double A. My roster will be more like an EA roster, just MLB players and minor leaguers who already saw major league action. Few who had not seen MLB action are just on teams' 40 man rosters already.

- All established major league players have been given average to awesome star power. (3-5) People who I feel may bounce up and down may be given the 'some' (2) rating. Aaron Small, for example, despite having a good 2005 will be given a 'some' rating due to his position on the Yankees. He will bounce up and down between the majors and minors, and likely not repeat his previous season.

- Of course non-MLBPA players like Bonds, Millar, Menchino, Lidle, (Jamie) Walker, and pals are included.

- When I release the first Beta rosters in January, I will have a big list of the top rated players. That will be useful for assembling new all-star teams for MVP 06.

- I used my 2005 (MVP 2004) rosters as a base, not Totte's Ultimate Rosters. I do not believe in stealing others' works. For some reason when I announced my 2006 roster, I have not got any offers to collaborate on a 2006 roster. I guess this roster will come with MVP 06 (and updated versions can be available for download alone after the big MVP 06 file is out), and the Ultimate Rosters are available throughout the off-season and for other platforms other than PC. I have never seen Totte's UR (I am still a MVP 2004 owner awaiting Jeeper's MVP 2005...) so I have never made any judgements on his roster. I am sure it is a great roster due to its immense popularity. I guess it is completion (ultimate minors) versus overhauled attributes and accuracy.

I guess SS and I are the two main folks in charge (Yankees and Sox fan, how fitting). We aren't really at the point of getting everything together yet, so I'd just hold on tight for now until we figure that out.

Maybe we can have someone who has computer but no mod experience be in charge of getting everything together.

I guess Sean O and I, possibly sending files to both of us, just to have it on more than one computer just in case. Can you get some screenies of the new generic faces?

I guess you can PM us for our email addresses if they aren't available anywhere here...

Another idea: possibly we should email files to KC, he is making the installer...

So I worked on the Busch II mod a little on the weekend and got burnt out quickly.

So, Sean, I was wondering, if I send you the day file in the next month or so can you work on the walls and the collision data. I am getting fried trying to figure out were the walls go. By that time I hope to have many things worked out. We'll see.

I cannot issue a more true statement than saying the seating will not be correct. I am not rebuilding the entire stadium, so most of the work will be done from foul pole to foul pole. I figure that is the area seen by most people in the game.

This is something a lot of people have been asking about, particularly in the crowd changer thread: new faces for the crowds. I can work on that, if enough people are still interested; I can do two different versions, one (with permission of course) with the updated crowds that are available already and a generic one.

Archived