Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

Ill def wait another 2 weeks or however long it takes them to get a great roster out, the main thing is the players are all on the right teams and ratings are changed, all the other things are kinda like perks.

I don't know of a roster without players on the right teams...

I downloaded these last night - they look great!

Thank you very much!

By tonight or tomorrow night, I'll have another update. I usually wouldn't want to bump up my download this quickly, but I'll have two versions of the roster available. (I'll put them in the same download) The one with Cyberface #s in it and one with just EA default numbers. Of course there are some more things fixed, and the few transactions that took place since 2/19.

Hopefully, Krawhitam will be able to convert the EA-face version for consoles.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totte is one of the people in charge of making Ultimate Rosters. I already explained that Totte has a different vision than I. He does not want my ratings, and I respect that.

---

Anyway, the rosters have been updated, and now include an EA face version! Hooray! No more crashes for all of you who don't have 06! Also, possibly Krawhitam can help me get a console version out.

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2855

SS,

Love your rosters!

Just a little curious though. I was looking at the Buffalo Bisons site and comparing it to your rosters. Over half of the players on your roster aren't mentioned on the website. Where do you get your information to make up your rosters?

This is probably none of my business, but enquiring minds want to know. :lol:

would you be willing to share the formulas you used?

I for like to use them for this

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...p=218387#218387

Cool looking excel, possibly new ratings can be mathematically based next time!

NP. (You mean ratings formulas, right?) There was no exact 'formula' that I used, but here are how I came up with ratings.

- Three year splits (most players), and of course 2005 splits. Of course there was emphasis on 2005 splits unless the three year shown something radically different. (Like for example, some guy hits better against righties in 2005, yet, in the three-year he hit better against lefties. Most likely, he'd still hit better against lefties.)

- .500 slug usually guarenteed power over 80. (Unless the batting average was extremely high, or the player was fast thus using speed to obtain extrabase hits.) High HR numbers also boosted power numbers. .600 slugging brought it 95 or above, high .600 slugging brings players to 98-99. (Bonds only gained 100 ratings from what I remember)

- Plate discipline would be at 13 if the player had an OBP .100 over his average or nearly 100 walks. I may do this differently next time around, because the MVP simulation engine sometimes gets heavy on the walks. But, hell, it's really imperfect anyway. An OBP at about .065 over the avg gained a rating of 8. Anyone with as little walks as my man Soriano got a rating of 5.

- Hitters' reputation. I favored guys who would consistantly hit good rather than someone who would possibly be a flash in the pan. Of course, some guys who 'broke out' (like Andruw Jones and Brian Roberts) have been rated very favorably despite the fact that I don't personally predict them to that well.

- Speed and baserunning: Other than how fast someone actually is, usually players who could steal 25+ bases would have ratings at about 90. I was actually very generous with speed ratings.

- a batting average of .310 would get you at least 90 contact, really high averages like .325+ can get you to 95. Of course, bench players and those with limited at bats didn't get rated close to that. Unless their splits show a consistancy. (e.g. LeCroy killing lefties)

- Home and away splits. I take these extremely seriously, probably more seriously than most. If a guy plays in a hitters' park, and does poorly on the road, his ratings will get penalized. (e.g. Soriano) I didn't penalize ratings to make them as poorly as the player's road performance. Otherwise people would get pissed off. If a hitter would play in a pitchers' park and dominate on the road, he'd get a slight boost in ratings. If the Tigers didn't play in Comerica park maybe they'd actually be a good team. Their pitchers must really blow though to not take advantage of the huge dimensions.

- Defense. League average fp% usually put a rating at 8, but of course if I felt that I knew enough about a guys defense I could rank it higher. Range was also very opinionated for me, sometimes I used a little range factor here and there, but pretty much range was given to guys capable of making great plays. Pitchers' with high range were always given killer defense ratings because it'd be likely they were groundball pitchers. Pretty much, reputation is huge here. (I am not into sabremetrics so I didn't use any zone factor or anything as defense ratings.) Of course, that doesn't mean that gold gloves = defense ratings. Jeter and Varitek for example were not rated as upper echelon defensive players.

I don't remember any more right now, possibly I'll add to this list. But obviously, ratings aren't a 'souless' thing (bad word, I know,) it takes a lot of personal discretion and months of second guessing. And hey, it's still hard to get them right. There was one modder here (forget his username) who claims to be reworking the ratings with a formula, maybe you should track that guy down.

Hopefully I helped, a lot of **** goes through my head when deciding a rating.

---

Anyway, do you still want to convert my rosters to PS2? I did release an EA cyberface version.

Because then they wouldn't get all the credit.

THEY??? Totte does the rosters

But Totte did not start the roster, two others did. The others do not update the roster anymore, but they have a say in what happens.

You really should get all the info before you go running your ******* mouth

BTW all I have done was age the players and fix the mini game and that was for 06

THEY??? Totte does the rosters

But Totte did not start the roster, two others did. The others do not update the roster anymore, but they have a say in what happens.

You really should get all the info before you go running your [naughty word] mouth

BTW all I have done was age the players and fix the mini game and that was for 06

If you wern't involved then why are you so pissed.

If you wern't involved then why are you so [naughty word].

I'm assuming the word is p i s s e d

Because you have ran you month from the day 06 came out, belittling it every step of the way. 1st you dog the datafile, then the stadium select screens, then the loading screens, then the background screens, all while none stop bashing of the roster.

The UR roster is part of 06.

and you wonder why I'm pissed?

Archived