Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

I have a .sav file of UR and I tried that too, thats when it crashed after the ball was hit. I plan on doing a total uninstallation/reinstallation today. I did notr try it with the datrabase files and I don't plan too. It's not just your roster SS, something else is screwing up my game too.

I WOULD try it with the database files. Just based on experience and reading this site, I think installing rosters (any roster, SS or UR) with the .sav file seems to cause more problems. I think it has to do with the .sav roster not being the default roster in the game and therefore, the database doesn't match with the .sav file of the roster. Of course, SS/Totte wouldn't notice this since their database matches the .sav file. When you install with the .mbe or database, most or all files in the database dir will get updated. Am I making any sense, I feel like I'm just rambling on. Of course, I'm probably just stating what already known.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't design rosters or anything else, but I've noticed there's a "null" in the batter lineup for the Giants. The pitcher is in the eighth spot, and then there is a (null) entry in spot 9.

I tried to edit the mbe file with MVP edit by clearing out the lineup and redoing it. But when I save and then import into the database folder, the null entry is still present.

Could this be the issue that's causing the crashing? Just thought I'd toss it out there to see if this might be why.

Regards;

Same problem with me, Ive had the problem since last update, all of the AAA teams have an incorrect lineup but when I check them its fine, all 5 + closer.

2.31 and 2.4 crash me, it may have to do with the models.big from shmooz, did he release a new one yet? But wait that shouldnt be it because UR 6.5 works..

Sorry for the delay, I'm usually better at this. I have not been able to get a straight 30 minutes to be on my PC at home to fix the problems with my roster and test them out. When I have not been at work, I have been water-proofing my basement. (Gotta love the warning that says that the **** can cause cancer, totally killer.) Luckily, I am still able to follow the Yanks with the help of WCBS 880, John Sterling and the Lowe's Broadcast booth sponsored by AIG, GEICO, and Benihana Steakhouses. (Which wish Hideki Matsui best of luck with his broken wrist by the way.)

Anyway, I have to do some tests with my roster and go over the "errors" on MVPedit. Somehow they occur when the lineups are correct, the rotations are filled, and when at least 10 position players are on a team. I'll have to give it a long frickin' check. Possibly when I go through this thing, the next roster will be v 3.0.

Anyway, any callups I should be aware of? Should I try to delete players to fulfill this 3250 player limit?

I believe this is a problem with the starting rotation. Move the rotation around in MVPEdit, and then set it back to what it was. Should fix the problem.

Ok, that and resetting the non DH batting order did make the null error go away finally, but the roster still crashes. I checked the mbe files for errors, and other than seeing several lower minor league batting orders incomplete, there was no other errors to be seen.

Sorry Soriano, I hope you can figure this out. I enjoy your rosters very much.

Regards;

There will be another version of my roster, it will come next week though. I will try to put my roster on a new and hopefully more solid foundation (thanks KG) just so future versions of the roster will continue to work and all that fun stuff. Possibly the .savs will be error free for once and there could be more PS2 and X-Box versions. (If Kraw wants to of course.)

Anyway, this will be 3.0, possibly it will only be a standard or a plus, I don't know, but likely I will have both sometime back in mid-June.

Thanks for bearing with me and putting up with the glitches. I have not been able to test in a while (another mod of mine has been delayed even more) so I didn't see this coming.

Soriano I'm sure you already knew about this, but Fox Sports has a terrific stats page for each player (mainly MLB players which is your bread n butter). You can look up 3 year splits for each player, hot and cold zones, hit charts, salaries, etc. Thanks to metalboy15 for pointing that out to me. I bet you already knew about it, but it looks extremely useful.

Did you ask SS about uploading that file? I bet he'd let you, but you better run it by him first. If you did, then don't mind this message.

No problem at all! In fact I encourage people making my roster better and releasing it on MVPmods!

GJ Matroska! :)

Anyway, I'm still in the process of converting the roster base, I'll see how that goes. But at least I always know that deleting 38 players or so will make it work.

Soriano I'm sure you already knew about this, but Fox Sports has a terrific stats page for each player (mainly MLB players which is your bread n butter). You can look up 3 year splits for each player, hot and cold zones, hit charts, salaries, etc. Thanks to metalboy15 for pointing that out to me. I bet you already knew about it, but it looks extremely useful.

Crap, I was using ESPN and mlb. :( The hot zones will be very handy for 2007. But anyway, mlbcontracts.blogspot.com is the source for my contracts, especially when they are backloaded.

Anyway, I am progressing on 3.0, but hopefully I can be finished with at least the plus/shmooz version by next Sunday. This version will be on a new and hopefully crash-free foundation (database) and I'll be thinning out the roster so it can be under 3250 players. (With the fake minor leaguers this is very easy. A and AA teams will have only 20 players, 5 starters, 4 relievers, 2 catchers, an utility player, and of course a complete lineup.) Lastly, each single A and AA team will have a 'joke name' which will likely be obscure, this really isn't a feature but I gotta keep myself sane during the process.

Sorry to apologize again, but for reasons I will not state, the latest roster will be delayed for porobably another week. It will be a major update, with new players and less crashes. It will help prove that 'good things come to those that wait.' :)

For now, I'll just say I'll be back on the roster in a day or a few, and I'll use my spare time to get it done.

Okay, a major step towards 3.0's completion has been completed. Now I have to redo cyberface numbers, make the database, and do some testing.

The roster is past its prime now but at least this will take a great step towards providing next year's roster a solid foundation.

---

Anyway, the roster is down to 'eight warnings', in which I have no idea how to solve anymore. (Unless someone points something out when I release it publically.) Anyway, with drastic player reductions and cutting out 7/8 warnings it should be more stable.

Archived