Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

Once the prospects in the RJ deal are finalized, I'll upload the new versions. However, if it takes until tomorrow morning expect it to be tomorrow night. This update will include the standard transactions and further (but minor) ratings changes. This will probably be v 0.9, meaning there will be possibly one more version until 1.0 (ST) if enough transactions occur. Since there probably won't be a lot of transactions, go ahead and start your dynasty. (That's if you aren't a minors guy like me ;) )

I have been doing my dynasty since before Christmas, luckily owners decided to sign everyone incredibly fast.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you send me him? I was actually just going through my roster and adding any players that have been out of the league awhile (Glover, Macias, etc.)

You don't happen to have a Steve Torrealba in one of your old rosters, do you? How about Bubba Trammell?

I just sent a PM to a guy but I'm sure it will be useful news to everyone

"Francsico Liriano is in the game

Demoted to AAA, he'll pop back up on command though I recommend using Tywiggins' MVPeditor to force him on the DL.

I'll add Joe Nathan's supposed changeup, never seen it but I'll take your word for it."

Joe Nathan has a changeup? Guess I'll add it, any idea how good it's supposed to be? I was convinced he only had a slider and a four seam. I'll double check how it affects Nathan's ratings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey SS, just wanted to say I love your rosters and appreciate all your work.

However, I am finding that when I choose the CUbs or Red Sox I get a CTD everytime. Is there something I can do myself in MVEDIT to fix this? I am using Standard mbe and I am sure I have the original models.big in place.

Any help would be much appreciated. Otherwise good job!

However, I am finding that when I choose the CUbs or Red Sox I get a CTD everytime. Is there something I can do myself in MVEDIT to fix this? I am using Standard mbe and I am sure I have the original models.big in place.

I would have no idea, anyone else have this issue? I played games against the Red Sox and played one game with the Cubs and had no problems. (Sox was with an old plus Cubs with a standard)

Anyway, version 1.0 is up with a MVP 07 compatible version. Even a shmooz compatible version is available for the hell of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love your rosters.

However, I think Carp needs to be edited; replace either his two-seamer or his sinker (since they're basically the same thing) with either:

- a slider

- a cutter

You'll hear it called both. It's really a cut fastball, but it breaks a lot so many people call it a slider.

And if there's any doubt about him throwing it... well, let's go directly to the man himself:

"I had pretty good sink on my fastball, my cutter was good, my breaking ball was good. I threw some real good changeups today. I got through that first (inning) and made pretty good pitches all day," Carpenter said.

I remember that in 2005, Jeff Conine was interviewed after a game against St. Louis; he said that he thought that Carpenter had the second-best cutter he had seen in baseball, next to Mariano Rivera.

The Epic Rosters III: 2007 Rosters for MVP Baseball 2005 (v1.1 ST Edition)

made my dynasty crash you mentions something about adding EPIC files where are these files located please

You can use the automatic installer or go to program files -> EA sports -> Mvp baseball 2005 -> data -> database to replace the files.

I love your rosters.

However, I think Carp needs to be edited; replace either his two-seamer or his sinker (since they're basically the same thing) with either:

- a slider

- a cutter

You'll hear it called both. It's really a cut fastball, but it breaks a lot so many people call it a slider.

And if there's any doubt about him throwing it... well, let's go directly to the man himself:

Quote::

"I had pretty good sink on my fastball, my cutter was good, my breaking ball was good. I threw some real good changeups today. I got through that first (inning) and made pretty good pitches all day," Carpenter said.

I remember that in 2005, Jeff Conine was interviewed after a game against St. Louis; he said that he thought that Carpenter had the second-best cutter he had seen in baseball, next to Mariano Rivera.

I remember having a judgement call on this and I picked the two seam, I'll change it.

The new Opening day edition is out, but a new version will be out soon as well. With career stats (I simply had to rename the lahman file) and new CF numbers if that is the case. (I really don't know.)

Still no 2006 season stats are minors, but other rosters exist for that obviously. ;)

The new release doesn't work. I installed the '07 rosters and nothing is updated.

Every single player is in the exact same place.

So I installed the two others. Same result.

The stats still aren't correct and the players are STILL all in the same place (what the heck is Cortes doing on the Giants pitching staff?!?) and the stats really aren't correct.

What does one have to do to get up-to-date rosters? :(

The new release doesn't work. I installed the '07 rosters and nothing is updated.

Every single player is in the exact same place.

So I installed the two others. Same result.

The stats still aren't correct and the players are STILL all in the same place (what the heck is Cortes doing on the Giants pitching staff?!?) and the stats really aren't correct.

You know if you are going to be that rude to someone who spends many hours on something for YOUR benefit, you should be a little more generous and courteous. Why don't you just fix the rosters yourself if it isn't too much trouble? The small little things can be fixed by yourself. Just relax, man be grateful that someone is actually trying to help you and others.

You probably don't know how to install the rosters correctly.

Well, what you are going to do is get Mvp Edit. I'll give you about 14 days to get it right. Come back and let us know.

The roster is similar to the opening day release, as only like 5 days passed. Simply just career stats and another set of face numbers.

BTW, I now put Cortes in AAA and Taschner in MLB. Users by all means post transaction updates, placement suggestions, or any suggestions in this thread or PM them to me.

Archived