Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

the lastest version 1.2 is the 1st version I could sim a season with (cool)

here are the results I got (100% sim'ed never played a game)

8 reds with 20+ HRs

Milton with 19 wins

the closer with a 6+ era (not named Danny Graves)

and they won the WS

hitting2oj.th.png

winning6yg.th.png

losing0di.th.png

saves3hp.th.png

tree16ow.th.png

tree27yt.th.png

tree34ge.th.png

final5rl.th.png

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reds beat the Yankees, nice! :lol:

- Suprising to see Dunn bat .320 with 27 bombs, especially when he has low contact high power... Well, even MVP baseball isn't perfect.

- lol @ Milton's 31 decisions

- From the looks at the stats it looks like the lousiest team to win a World Series since the 2000 Yankees. (87-76)

How did Dunn only have 27 HR's? He is one of the best HR hitters in baseball. A few guys in there look to have too many HR's, and I think Edwin Encanacion will have around 20 but 27 is a large stretch.....

Dunn has a mid 90s power rating against righties, don't blame me if the electronic version decided to cut his swing and go the other way.

---

Interestingly in most of my simulations, the Mets never make the playoffs (despite tons of good players), A-Rod always wins the MVP, the Yanks win the WS (Overall Rank #3), and for some reason Brad Wilkerson sometimes bats .330 even though his ratings are in the low 70s.

Reds beat the Yankees, nice! :lol:

- Suprising to see Dunn bat .320 with 27 bombs, especially when he has low contact high power... Well, even MVP baseball isn't perfect.

Plate discipline can raise an average 50-80 points easy, I think Dunn's is at max

Kick ***! Thank you very much Kraw!

Great work on the rosters! Are you sure you should have Soriano as a left fielder? He is still refusing to move there:

As an obsessed fan of Soriano, I have been following the situation closely. It is my personal opinion that either Soriano gets traded or benched because I doubt he'll move from 2B. However, since it's a videogame, and if you want to play as the Nationals you'd want Soriano in the lineup, he's available as a LFer. On opening days there will be many changes in the lineups, believe it or not most of the lineups were constructed in early-mid Janurary, they held up quite well. (Which really doesn't matter because MVP screws them up with CPU optimize rosters anyway. Thank god 2005 allows you to set the opponent's lineup before a game!)

Kick ***! Thank you very much Kraw!

As an obsessed fan of Soriano, I have been following the situation closely. It is my personal opinion that either Soriano gets traded or benched because I doubt he'll move from 2B. However, since it's a videogame, and if you want to play as the Nationals you'd want Soriano in the lineup, he's available as a LFer. On opening days there will be many changes in the lineups, believe it or not most of the lineups were constructed in early-mid Janurary, they held up quite well. (Which really doesn't matter because MVP screws them up with CPU optimize rosters anyway. Thank god 2005 allows you to set the opponent's lineup before a game!)

6 player deal with the reds, Dunn for Soriano being the big names

We have no 2nd baseman and Dunn would rather play LF than 1st base

I thought that only affected in game play. I'll give it a shot, why not?

6 player deal with the reds, Dunn for Soriano being the big names

We have no 2nd baseman and Dunn would rather play LF than 1st base

I'd do that deal in a microsecond if I were Bowden. Haha, obviously the Reds would have to get a lot more in return than Soriano. Sadly Washington has nothing to offer. Too bad they don't treat Freel as something more than an utility man, let him play second, who gives a crap about Womack. Freel can play.

That sucks for him. He pretty much goes all out, hell, every highlight I see of him he makes these insane plays. Must be a pleasure watching him all the time, and giving him the fair two year extension.

Anyway, hypothetically, if the Reds would trade Dunn to the Nats, would one expect the Nationals to throw in John Patterson or a lesser pitcher with Soriano?

last rumor I heard was

Dunn, Milton, & Wanger for Soriano, Hernandez plus low level minor

Hmmm... Perfect salary swap, Milton goes to a ballpark very conduscive to him, Reds get the ultimate innings eater. Not bad at all, that trade could actually help both teams a lot. I have heard that the Nationals are hot for Bronson Arroyo out of all pitchers. I think Epstein asked for Soriano for Arroyo straight up. Better off seeing if Boston wants to dump Clement rather than paying through the nose for Bronson. (Presuming you can find a team willing to take Soriano's 10 million.)

not sure if this is what you meant by you fixed it but i downloaded the xbox version about 5 hours ago, im trying to do a mets owner mode and it keeps freezing right after april 12th, i tried it a few different times, wont get past that day...if anyone has any ideas or wants me to try anything else let me know

thanks for the effort, rosters look good

not sure if this is what you meant by you fixed it but i downloaded the xbox version about 5 hours ago, im trying to do a mets owner mode and it keeps freezing right after april 12th, i tried it a few different times, wont get past that day...if anyone has any ideas or wants me to try anything else let me know

thanks for the effort, rosters look good

If it happens in the xbox version, 99.9% of the time it will also happen in the PC version

I'm reinstalling a fresh copy of MVP now to test

I have played a dynasty for a while and got no lock-ups. What's the deal here? (It's past July 20th now) I also simmed a few seasons. I don't see how my roster has anything to do with it. (On PC at least)

You should've also added the non-rosters invites.

Many are there, though plenty of career minorleaguers that weren't created yet have not been put it.

Soriano, you are doing a fantastic job keeping the rosters up to date and very much appreciated. Everyone involved in the MVP 06 project are to be commended for keeping the PC game alive and IMHO far superior to the original EA MVP 2005 product. I wouldn't be playing this right now if it weren't for you guys. Thanks a bunch! :lol:

I have played a dynasty for a while and got no lock-ups. What's the deal here? (It's past July 20th now) I also simmed a few seasons. I don't see how my roster has anything to do with it. (On PC at least)

Many are there, though plenty of career minorleaguers that weren't created yet have not been put it.

100% fresh install, then added the roster

it FROZE on april 12th with NYM in owner mode.

Not the normal crash to desktop it FROZE HARD, using 99% CPU and took task manager forever to pop up so I could close the game out

Archived