Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I wish i could have Soriano Majors roster n Totte's Minors roster.

You can. Use MVPedit to export all the MLB teams from SS's rosters and import them into UR. Just make sure you have all the players that SS has on each MLB team also be on the MLB team in the UR....this way you have no duplicates.

People, don't even think about combining my rosters and Total Rosters without permission from Totte. (The answer will be no.) Sure if you do it for personal use, more power to ya, but UR is Totte's mod with his own vision. He wants it his way and he has every right to maintain it that way, it's his mod.

UR doesn't want it and they won't say why. :(

I'm not Totte so all I can do is make presumptions. The reasons why Totte wouldn't want my roster may be:

- Mini game crash. Totte (or was it Kraw?) were able to prevent minigames from crashing with the use of UR. Though I had a guy PM me that minigames didn't crash from my roster, I had not enjoyed the same pleasure. (Though I am able to see the minigame with the demos for some reason.)

- Different artistic vision. Totte sees rosters one way, I see rosters another way. Because we see things differently, we didn't work together. In fact I was ignorant for a while that UR was going to make a 2006 roster. Anyway, my vision was to update the ratings and make a new 'EA' like roster. Totte, the UR team, and the roster downloading majority love Total Minors. That's the way it is.

- "Old Junk" comment. As we all seen in the original MVP 06 thread, Krawhitham was insulted that I referred to Totte's roster ratings as "old junk" on my blog.

Hopefully people will appreciate updated rosters rather than old junk with a few adjustments and those oh so accurate minor leaguers. (Which I would be saying mockingly if I were talking.)*

This comment was made at around the same time I offered my ratings to Totte, possibly the comment was taken as an insult (which would be a reasonable explanation) and Totte would want nothing to do with my roster. 12 hours in front of a computer + being pissed off = harsh comment. Otherwise, I have pretty much said nothing but nice things about UR and the project. I apologize for saying the stupid comment but that isn't going to do a damn anyway.

- It's really freakin' hard to combine them. Why haven't any of you guys combined the rosters yet? Let me guess, it's really freaking hard. Different ID#s, different system of ratings, players assigned to different levels, combining the rosters would take almost as much time as making a new roster. (Or, 2/3, who cares) On top of the fact that a glitch could make the entire undertaking a massive waste of time.

- Doesn't like the ratings. Totte may not be enamored with my system of ratings, so, if you don't like them you won't use them.

Hopefully this answers the question but I wouldn't know, I'm not Totte. Maybe you can PM him TT if you are really itching to know. I just said what little I know.

Anyway, thanks to all that supported me during this long project. It ended much differently than I anticipated but I couldn't have been more than happier from the results. (2000 downloads for my roster, the MVP 06 project being done by Hory and turned into a way better Total Conversion mod) Also great thanks to Thug4Life for helping me doing whatever stupid favor I asked from him, my brother for doing some career stats when I was too stupid to wait for Lahman 5.3 and MVP Edit 2006 (had no idea that was in the works, though it wound up with my config file. :) ), and thanks to Krawhitham for writing his All-Star team tutorial and of course making the PS2 and XBox versions for those who for some reason don't own this awesome game for PC.

Why is every1 so snippy about the issue??? Calm down??? It's an idea-don't be afraid to voice your opinions people. It's up to totte and he hasn't even answered about the issue.

Please calm down-that's like the millionth time i've seen one of the moderators snap at some1. You guys are supposed to be leaders. If your leaders-then act like one!!!

No offense-just tired of all the attitudes around here.

I love this place with all my heart-just trying to create a fun environment.

Thanks,

skill-machine

You can. Use MVPedit to export all the MLB teams from SS's rosters and import them into UR. Just make sure you have all the players that SS has on each MLB team also be on the MLB team in the UR....this way you have no duplicates.

just to clarify...and I doubt that anyone cares, but...I said the above assuming people would do the combining of rosters only for personal use.

Why is every1 so snippy about the issue??? Calm down??? It's an idea-don't be afraid to voice your opinions people. It's up to totte and he hasn't even answered about the issue.

Please calm down-that's like the millionth time i've seen one of the moderators snap at some1. You guys are supposed to be leaders. If your leaders-then act like one!!!

No offense-just tired of all the attitudes around here.

I love this place with all my heart-just trying to create a fun environment.

Thanks,

skill-machine

Umm, which moderator are you talking about? None of them posted in this thread.

a few more braves tidbits...hampton should be sent down to like single A with his ratings dropped...he's out for the season. i also noticed a few more braves players with the clear oakleys on...but none of them wear those. thanks again for everything SS...i think these are the best rosters.

The roster is updated to version 1.3, transactions as of today and completely corrected Jersey numbers. (If you spot a **** up just tell me. :p )

The next version will come out on OPENING DAY, that'll be a while from now.

That will probably be version 1.5 or 2.0 (it matters how much I change), I hope to find out which cyberface numbers have been changed in the newest BigSchmooz models.big and the completed MVP 06. That's why the next version may take a few weeks. Of course I'll redo all the lineups and rotations for the Opening Day version and try to get to more of vinnyxgunz's suggestions!

Nothing much, if you already have 1.2 you should be fine. BTW, don't whine for a new X-Box version because I'm not in charge of that. You should be thankful that Krawhitham even bothered to do a conversion of my roster.

a few more braves tidbits...hampton should be sent down to like single A with his ratings dropped...he's out for the season. i also noticed a few more braves players with the clear oakleys on...but none of them wear those. thanks again for everything SS...i think these are the best rosters.

The Oakleys thing isn't from my roster, it's from Uncle Mo's face mod and that will be fixed on the completed MVP 06. If Hampton is out for the season I'll do what I do for ever other player that's out for the season, drop the durability to zero. I'd personally prefer to make the guy's ratings god awful in order not to interfere with Major League play but if you want to simulate seasons past 2006, that player won't progress back to his pre-injury form. Basically, no one will be happy. :p

I actually try to finish the season until my dynasty file bugs out. :p So far I have been lucky.

Krawhitham has a method to prevent crashes in Owner Mode. I wonder if this will help any of you. I have not had any problems other than with minigames, it seems as if different computers work differently in this case. Anyway, this is what Kraw sent me:

the roster for the consoles and PC (for me at least) will not lock up if you do not allow the CPU to make trades.

selecting that option when 1st starting in owners mode allowed me to sim full seasons.

After the 1st simmed season I could go back to the options and turn it back on

Thanks again Kraw.

Hey Soriano wens ur next update? Also will that be converted to Ps2 by Kraw or is the one that was already converted the last conversion? Thanks.

The next update will be opening day unless a big trade happens before then. Also, PS2 rosters will be convert when Kraw feels like it.

Hey, I found a tiny mistake. Aaron Heilman on the Mets is #48 and he throws sidearm.

Heilman is still #48 in my roster, and you can watch his videos here:

Heilman does the weird thing with his shoulder when he winds up and sometimes his wrist indicates he is throwing 3/4, sometimes he does come in from the side. If you all prefer 'sidearmed' or another windup just tell me. I may change it to sidearmed anyway though.

I think you added an extra 0 to Juan Rivera's salary. It should be 3.275mil/2 years.

I did. That's a screw up that happens once in a while. :( That and sometimes my mousewheel will toggle an option unintentionally. Anyway thanks for spotting that, it has been fixed.

Archived