Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can make Ortiz 'heavy' with the bone profile or increase his weight. I personally think his list weight is a lie, so I can try tinkering a bit. But, I can't run the risk of making Ortiz look as massively plump as Wells.

Anyway, nice to see the roster have a 'featured download'! I hope MVP 06 is next knock it off but I doubt it'll be finished that soon. ;)

Anyway, a 1.4 version may come out soon, with a few minor corrections and some cyberface # changes. (To go along with BigSchmooz's latest models.big, so there will be three separate rosters in the file. :p)

That may be out by Friday. I don't like bumping my file but it'd be a service to the people who downloaded the new models.big.

Lastly, Kraw may be converting another version of my roster, so PS2 and X-Box user can rejoice! Well, when the file gets released.

That can't be done, though you could pick up the BETA WBC package.

MLB did horribly publicity wise for this thing. At a point, I thought I wouldn't give a crap about this thing. But hell, last night I was watching DR vs. Venezuela and enjoyed myself. If baseball publiscized this thing the right way rather than just letting star players drop out and feed into the sports media bashing the thing before it happened we all would have been a lot more excited and possibly we would have released more WBC mods.

Anyway, I wonder how the ratings are doing.

Yeah, it's a great idea but at a kinda wrong time, the WBC. Anyways, I just mean like a Roster File that puts the WBC Teams instead of some A Teams as you have them for PC, like the team rosters and unis (if possible), is it possible for this to be made for Ps2???

Is it possible to convert the PC WBC Roster file to Ps2 format, say max drive?

A new one isn't coming out until opening day. So, be ready to swap the players within your 'manage rosters'.

I don't like bumping my download unless there is something new about it, like a whole new file included. The only thing that would make me release a 1.5 would be if more big name trades happened pretty much immediately. And with the way Sorianogate is going that is a distinct possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

Once in a while I make a joke name. Last year's roster had a handful, this one probably only has three. :(

Anyway, the new roster (MVP 06 Beta edition, one compatable with the Big Schmooz models.big/MVP 06 final edition, and of course the EA 2005 edition) will be coming out tomorrow, with three different ways to install it of course. (Though people often somehow screw that up. :lol:)

The lineups have been reworked, any DL'd player has been demoted to the minors, pretty much a solid Opening Day edition. I have not decided as of yet if I will constantly demote DL'd players to the minors in future releases. I may very well just have them at the ML level. The CPU promotes them anyway. (KG actually mentioned this in the UR thread.) Lastly, I'll probably only release new versions monthly, more or less often according to demand. (If people are like 'WTF release a new one' then why the hell not, but otherwise I won't want to shamelessly bump my download)

I'll have the new release before the first pitch.

- Some attribute edits (most recently Skip Schumaker if you are wondering) but major changes like that are mostly unnoticiable), mostly transactions, rotations, lineups, and 'DL' (AAA) moves

- There will be three different files, one for those without faces, one for MVP 06 Beta, and another for the latest Big Schmooz models.big which will be included in the finished MVP 06. This roster has the same player accuracy in my opinion, that is a subjective question. The latest UR release will be compatible with the Big Schmooz models.big, or pretty much 'all the cyberfaces'.

It's up.

Now, you will probably install the 'MVP 06 Beta' version. The Schmooz/MVP 06 Final version is for use with the latest Big Schmooz models.big or the final MVP 06 whenever it comes out. All of the rotations, benches, and lineups have been changed to reflect Opening Day. IMO it'll lose its charm but I done it for all you guys out there. :)

Now, for future releases, what would you all prefer?

- DL'd players in Major League lineups and rotations

- DL'd players inserted in AAA

Remember, the game will 'optimize' the rosters anyway, I'm just trying to make everyone happy.

I have downloaded this and tried multiple things to get it to work, and it crashes everytime I click on Brandon Backe for the Astros, not sure why. Everything else seems to work from what I can tell so far. I am using the MVP '06 MOD, just wanted newer rosters, which is the reason for downloading these but again it wont stop crashing if I ever look at Backe on the game. Just wanted to see if this has been a common problem.

Hmm... all the cyberfaces are there, yes, but... they're the same as they were a few months ago.

None of the new Marlins have faces. I looked at the .mbe's for both MVP06 Beta and the newest BigSchmooz, and the cyberface ID's (at least for the Marlins) are identical in both files, as if they're not any different...

EDIT: Good work on the lineups/rosters, though. 8)

Archived