MVP 2006 Cover-Player Poll ROUND 1

SwinginSoriano

Who should be on our 'cover' for MVP 2006?  

127 members have voted

1. 1.

• Mark Buehrle
    • Derek Lee
    • Roger Clemens
    • Dontrelle Willis
    • Andruw Jones
    • Chicago White Sox Rotation/Team
    • Alex Rodriguez
    • Lance Berkman (Possibly in his Wall Mart outfit :P)
    • Chris Carptenter
    • Write-In Ballot (Other, please indicate, I will count them)

We should do this thing in a couple (3?) rounds just to eliminate the less popular choices. The final poll will consist of the two most popular. (In the event of the winner retiring or going to a different team via FA, then the 2nd place guy would win.) Let's get started. The top 5 choices will make it to the second round.

This poll will end next Sunday.

(Mods, if you think this is premature than by all means edit/delete it.)

Note: Not all nominations were able to fit. So if you want to select Andy Pettitte or Paul Konerko or whoever else, post a write-in vote. I'll count them all up here. (Suprised no one nominated Oswalt or Ortiz)

WRITE-IN VOTE COUNT

Mark Teixeira: 1

Ken Griffey Jr.: 1

Felix Hernandez: 1

Huston Street: 1

Travis Hafner: 1

Vote Changes (Let's not make these common.)

Uncle Mo: Changes Roger Clemens (-1) to Andruw Jones (+1)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for the White Sox. They won the world series last year for the first time in a long time, and they had a great pitching staff.

The problem is... How much will that mean in 2006? Will the rotation still be dominant? I would more lean towards Buehrle as a 'representative' of the White Sox victory in 2005, rather than the entire team. I think an entire team or even two players being on the cover is a little much. But, that's just my opinion.

The problem is... How much will that mean in 2006? Will the rotation still be dominant? I would more lean towards Buehrle as a 'representative' of the White Sox victory in 2005, rather than the entire team. I think an entire team or even two players being on the cover is a little much. But, that's just my opinion.

True, but when the cover boy is selected, isn't the player(s)' previous year the one in mind, not the next year? I understand where you're comming from, but I just thought it would be cool to have the whole White Sox team...

I wish that I could learn how to make the intro movies. I think that those are in .vp6 format, but I don't think there is anything to convert a regular video file to a .vp6 file.

It really is unfortunate that everyone is just voting for whatever team they favor. People like Huston Street are going to be good players, but you can't possibly be serious in your consideration of him as a cover athlete. Same goes for several other choices. So, just consider being objective for once; even if Manny wasn't on the cover last year I certainly wouldn't be voting for David Ortiz this year.

As far as the White Sox rotation for 2006, this year Manny started off hitting .230 for the first month of the season. The cover is all about what they did the year prior, and no one was consistantly better than these 5. They got my vote, and I was rooting against the White Sox in every single round. They deserve it.

I agree with your point. (Even though I voted for Derek Lee.) It just seems like everyone wants to vote for their own guy, thus, this being the first round. Next week we'll have 5 choices. I doubt any of the write-ins will make it.

As of right now, here will be the players on the 'ballot' the next week.

Dontrelle Willis

Andruw Jones

Derek Lee

Alex Rodriguez

Chicago White Sox

Keep the votes coming guys!

Indeed, Democracy sucks. Sean O, Swingingsoriano or Trues should make an arbitrary decision.

This is just going to end up being ******* A-Rod (who has already been a cover girl before) vs. the other top candidate, so the winner will come down to how many one-eyed Yankee fans populate this board.

But hey, I can't talk, I voted for D Lee, perhaps having it so you can't vote for a player from "your" team would be a good idea, in which I'd vote for the Sox rotation.

Indeed, Democracy sucks. Sean O, Swingingsoriano or Trues should make an arbitrary decision.

This is just going to end up being [naughty word] A-Rod (who has already been a cover girl before) vs. the other top candidate, so the winner will come down to how many one-eyed Yankee fans populate this board.

But hey, I can't talk, I voted for D Lee, perhaps having it so you can't vote for a player from "your" team would be a good idea, in which I'd vote for the Sox rotation.

Not a bad idea to consider too. I'd have no problem if those three would get together one day and vote on this.

This is just going to end up being [naughty word] A-Rod (who has already been a cover girl before) vs. the other top candidate, so the winner will come down to how many one-eyed Yankee fans populate this board.

I think most of the more mature Yankees fans here have plenty more to do with their time than worry about who's going to be on a closed-community game cover. :)

And, for the record, I voted for the White Sox rotation/team, but I think all of the guys on the list are deserving.

Archived