MVP 2006 Cover-Player Poll ROUND 1

SwinginSoriano

Who should be on our 'cover' for MVP 2006?  

127 members have voted

1. 1.

• Mark Buehrle
    • Derek Lee
    • Roger Clemens
    • Dontrelle Willis
    • Andruw Jones
    • Chicago White Sox Rotation/Team
    • Alex Rodriguez
    • Lance Berkman (Possibly in his Wall Mart outfit :P)
    • Chris Carptenter
    • Write-In Ballot (Other, please indicate, I will count them)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I only suggested those three guys choose cos I know they will pick Derrek Lee :)

I'm not so sure about that, I get the feeling SS and I would go for the White Sox rotation. If Lee had stayed above .370, maybe, but 4 straight complete games in the playoffs is unheard of these days.

With that said, there are few people I'd rather have on my team than Derrek Lee at this point. In terms of overall production, Lee is about as good as it gets right now.

how about during the finals, someone makes campaign videos promoting the player for the mvp cover using mvp2005 clips. i think that will be a good idea.

and about the cover design, it should look like the current ea template to show we are hip and fresh...i know it has been mentioned a few times, but i wanted to make sure it was said. alot of my posts have been ignored as of late, and i apolizge for the short posts yesterday, i'm having computer trouble at home and it wouldn't let me type long posts.

i can make cts and menu screens featuring the player and replace the red sox trophy with the white sox throphy. someone will have to gather high res pics for those, as i was not on the net during the world series for obivous reasons.

and sometimes, cover boys aren't announced for games until the new year, so we should anctipate at least two covers, a main, and an alternate in case the cover boy we choose gets picked for another game.

Campaign with videos, pictures, debates, that'd be cool. Just no negative campaigning. :)

The Finals will occur in 13 days, so don't hold your breath! (Voting ends this Sunday.)

- Next time the vote starts I am going to wait to use mine at a more crucial moment.

- The same five are still leading, Jones is dominating, and possibly Clemens will make a comeback.

The problem is... How much will that mean in 2006? Will the rotation still be dominant? I would more lean towards Buehrle as a 'representative' of the White Sox victory in 2005, rather than the entire team. I think an entire team or even two players being on the cover is a little much. But, that's just my opinion.

I totally agree, I think it should be just one player not an entire team...has their ever been an entire team? I dont think so...I can only think of once where they were 2 people -- Tejada/Randy

I'm kind of surprised no one offered up Konerko, the WS MVP

I'd like to retract my Clemens vote and replace it with A.Jones. Sorry for the mess up.

Okay... I'll put that in the write-in count. We should avoid vote changes though, if commonly done they can be abused. (Plus, Andruw seems to have all the votes he needs... It isn't like the round 1 winner is automatically on the cover.)

He was nominated as an individual, but overwhelmingly (as indicated), people want to honor the entire team rather than an individual for the White Sox. I'm suprised Buehrle only has a vote at this point.

So far, Willis, Chicago, Lee, and the AL MVP have 10 votes while Andruw Jones has 17 votes. (Counts Mo's vote switch) I am discouraging everyone from further vote switching unless you totally screwed up. (Plus I do not know who voted for who so the person could be lying anyway.)

Archived