Who will be on our cover for MVP 06? Voting ends December 4th 12:00 pm  

149 members have voted

1. 1.

• Alex Rodriguez
    • Dontrelle Willis

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And some people need to stay the hell out of it. Take some time off this board Mr. "Come back to Life", you're outta here.

What the hell.... yes... lets start banning anyone who mocks your precious A-Rod especially good modders...

and just over some lame hypothectical cover vote...

Insane.

If you don't like how this voting is conducted, then you are free not to come around here anymore. And I won't repeat myself.

Hey, don't need to be rude to me. You are an admin, you are supposed to be nice to us, not be all powered against us. You need to chill out and understand that it's a fraud to eliminate guys like Manny and Pujols because they were in previous covers and not eliminate A-Rod. We could of have a tighter final round if that was the case but oh well...

What the hell.... yes... lets start banning anyone who mocks your precious A-Rod especially good modders...

and just over some lame hypothectical cover vote...

Insane.

A couple of things here Hory that will be best for you to remember in the future. He didn't mock A-Rod, his comment was directed right at me. Learn how to read before you fire off a rebuttal the next time. I don't really care if Dontrelle Willis wins this poll or not, I won't lose sleep over it. If the forum wants Willis to be the man, so be it.

But from now on when someone gives me one ounce of trouble in here, I won't ignore it. I've had it being insulted. If you can't understand what I mean, then I won't explain it. Also, it is best for you to stay out of things that do not concern you. I really don't want you to turn into the ambassador for everyone in here that says stupid things like this. Let them deal with what they did and it will be over with quicker.

Finally, I'll deal with this and I hope this will be the end of it because too much has now been taken away from the subject of this thread.

MOKI wrote:

Hey, don't need to be rude to me. You are an admin, you are supposed to be nice to us, not be all powered against us. You need to chill out and understand that it's a fraud to eliminate guys like Manny and Pujols because they were in previous covers and not eliminate A-Rod. We could of have a tighter final round if that was the case but oh well...

For some unknown reason you seem to think I had something to do with Alex Rodriguez being in this final round. I didn't. I had nothing to do with the voting of this. I had nothing to do with the making of the rules on this. The way I see it they didn't want Manny (Mvp 2005 cover) or Pujols (Mvp 2004 cover) on it because they were recent winners. Alex Rodriguez was on the cover of Triple Play Baseball '99. And, if you want to nitpick even more, he was on the cover of an arcade baseball game called MLB Slugfest when he was on the Rangers. That game was made by Midway.

And all I told you was if you don't like the how this voting is taking place, then you also don't have to participate. Really, it is as simple as that.

Oh, for everyone wondering what the other A-Rod game is, here it is:

Chill out everyone, really! It's just a vote, not exactly something to get all worked up about. If you don't want A-Rod to win, then don't vote for him. If you don't want either of them to win, then don't vote. If you don't want someone to win, then don't go calling that person gay. It's really not that hard.

Dear god, I should've expected the poll to devolve this way, but I was really hoping the site had become mature enough to avoid it. I dislike Rodriguez more than the next guy, but I'm still not complaining about his inclusion.

I wish I'd just chosen a cover player rather than having to deal with the inevitable flame wars. Just relax everyone, it's a modded game for chrissakes.

^^^

Everyone is being such a kid about this. Since Alex Rodriguez was a popular nomination, he was included in round 1. Since he had enough votes in round 1, he made it to round 2, since he was second place in round 2, he made it to round 3. He got here fair and square, STOP BITCHING. And this comes from yet another Willis voter. A lot of people wanted A-Rod, a lot didn't. That's why Willis is winning, and probably will win this thing and be our coverplayer. The voting was fair, nothing was rigged, so if you dislike A-Rod, vote Willis. You used up your options. If everyone hated him so much, they would have not split the vote between Derrek Lee and Andruw Jones. (Or being complete homers and wasting their write-in votes. eg. "OMG Pronk 4 Coverplayer") Thank the voters. I feel I have been a part of a great thing by letting the Modding community choose MVP 06's coverplayer. And from the looks of it, we will have Willis and his awesome leg kick on the cover. Who here would be dissatisfied with that?

Seconding what Y4L and SwinginSoriano said. Give it a break, it's actually quite pathetic. This is what's wrong with a democracy - no matter what happens, there is always someone complaining.

This is why we need a stronger multi-party system, to represent the needs and interests of all....

...Oh wait, we're talking about a fake cover to a video game.

Carry on.

--Eric

A couple of things here Hory that will be best for you to remember in the future. He didn't mock A-Rod, his comment was directed right at me. Learn how to read before you fire off a rebuttal the next time. I don't really care if Dontrelle Willis wins this poll or not, I won't lose sleep over it. If the forum wants Willis to be the man, so be it.

But from now on when someone gives me one ounce of trouble in here, I won't ignore it. I've had it being insulted. If you can't understand what I mean, then I won't explain it. Also, it is best for you to stay out of things that do not concern you. I really don't want you to turn into the ambassador for everyone in here that says stupid things like this. Let them deal with what they did and it will be over with quicker.

Finally, I'll deal with this and I hope this will be the end of it because too much has now been taken away from the subject of this thread.

MOKI wrote:

For some unknown reason you seem to think I had something to do with Alex Rodriguez being in this final round. I didn't. I had nothing to do with the voting of this. I had nothing to do with the making of the rules on this. The way I see it they didn't want Manny (Mvp 2005 cover) or Pujols (Mvp 2004 cover) on it because they were recent winners. Alex Rodriguez was on the cover of Triple Play Baseball '99. And, if you want to nitpick even more, he was on the cover of an arcade baseball game called MLB Slugfest when he was on the Rangers. That game was made by Midway.

And all I told you was if you don't like the how this voting is taking place, then you also don't have to participate. Really, it is as simple as that.

Oh, for everyone wondering what the other A-Rod game is, here it is:

B000067861.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO._SCLZZZZZZZ

I have heard all the "don't beat a dead horse" and "let sleeping dogs lie" axioms, but this angers me more each time I think of it. So I prepare for my banning as I am planning to be critical of what Y4L thinks is justice.

This is the second time, in a heated argument, I have seen Y4L ban someone for having a contrasting opinion to his. Also it is always over the Yankees. I think Y4L is abusing his powers as a moderator by using his bias to rule over the Yankee-haters. You cannot publicly disagree with Y4L without having a fear of getting suspended or banned. He banned TribeTime because he posted anti-Yankee views. Now he has cut out boricuapapi1885 and threatened Hory.

As far as I am concerned Y4L takes his position a little too seriously. If we review the argument in this thread, it took a turn for the worse when Y4L injected his biased opinion.

This board went to pot once before and probably will again with Y4L ruling with a slanted Pro-Yankee bias.

Good night all... it's been fun.

Thank you for the suspension/banning master, may I have another.

BTW my vote went to the D-Train...

Pirate, if you notice you haven't been banned for anything and you won't. And boricuapapi1885 was banned for the rest of last night only. He isn't banned now. I banned him at 10:00 pm last night (or around there) and unbanned him at 4:45 am this morning.

No matter what I do in here is too much for some people or too little for other people. If I don't say something to one guy because he does something I get called on it because "I'm not doing my job." If I do something right away like I did in this thread I am overreacting, I'm pushing people around and "I'm not doing my job"

I directed comments at Hory because he chose to involve himself in this on his own free will. Basically all I asked him to do was keep out things that don't concern him. Boy, I have a lot of nerve to ask that. You see, when other people get involved in this kind of stuff, things just get worse. And I don't want them to.

I don't care if Dontrelle Willis gets the next 100 votes cast in this poll. It doesn't bother me. If he wins, and it looks like he will, fine. The forum voters wanted it this way. But when one guy says "gay rod" sure enough someone eventually will say something just as bad. THAT is what I was trying to stop. I wasn't trying to go after the Yankee haters here. I was trying to prevent a fight. Simple as that.

Please let me do my job and please stay out of things that don't concern you. Thank you all.

Any more comments on this? Use the PM system.

Archived