Are you tired?

Digital_Utopia

Are you tired of having to constantly open up the game, not to mention all the importing and exporting required, just to see how your new uniform or other texture looks?

have you ever found yourself going through this process time, and time again just to fix one little problem? each time hoping that the last tweak you made in photoshop is enough to fix it?

do you have a 3d application like gmax, milkshape 3d, or even a higher end app like 3ds max, maya, or even XSI? or...do you have an application that lets you paint directly onto the model such as DeepPaint, Bodypaint, or Zbrush 2?

well if so...then you're in luck! coming soon is a complete 3d player model, completely labled and textured for testing purposes. do you want to see what your newly created uniform will look like in real time? just replace the default uniform textures with your own....and you will see the results immediately. no more importing, compressing, hex editing, and opeining up mvp baseball 2005 until you know your new texture will look right.

here are a few of the features this model will have

fully labled- each one of the 129 parts of the player model will be labled as to what body type, pants length it belongs to, as well as all the individual generic parts

fully textured- not only will this model be completely textured with a default uniform, and skin tone, but all the textures will be labled too. making switching to the texture you're working on as easy as possible

default UV mapping every part in this model has the default uv mapping from mvp 2005...so if it looks good in your 3d app of choice, it will look exactly the same in game.

currently projected release formats are .max and .3ds. please be aware that there may be some features unavailable in some formats. there aslo may be additional features by the time of release.

is it just for uniforms or does it work for faces too?

this will basically just be for testing out textures for uniforms, and accessories (with the exception of the bat)

the reason why I'm not doing the heads (at least for now) is because the head meshes are alot easier to export from MVP...(the big file that contains the player model is a bit tricky to get anything out of it) although sometime later, I may decide to export all the heads and include them into one 3ds file.

@uncleMo

basically what this is, is the complete hibody (highest detail player body mesh) exported from the game into a common model format.

what I am doing is texturing this model, and labeling all the textures and the individual parts. This way, you can easily change any texture/skin with one of your own, and preview it within a 3d application.

true, you can basically do this yourself inside oedit, but since oedit just lists the mesh parts as Part 001, Part 002..etc.., picking through the 129 different parts to find the ones you want to see is a major headache.

for an example, there are 3 different leg types (long pants, long socks/normal socks, and classic uniform) with each of those 3, there are two different sizes (big and small) on top of that...each leg type is made up of 7 different mesh parts. so just considering the legs alone...there are 42 different parts you would have to dig through just to come up with one complete set of legs.

with this model, every part will be labled for you already...so if you want to test out your uniform on a player with small legs, and high socks...then you just pick the appropriately labled parts...

like I said, as of now this will require a 3d application to be of any use...but I will also be looking at some free software to be able to let those of you without any 3d applications make use of this.

wow cant wait when do u think this will be ready

probably in a couple of days....there seems to be some UV issues with some of the parts...meaning, the texture isn't showing up right on some parts.

but...here's a render of some of the parts that are done (i've got about 75% of the parts sorted out, and those parts already have the uvmapping correct...or I've fixed the uv mapping so it is correct.

mvpmodelprev7fi.jpg

note that these are the original size textures for mvp 2005...obviously the 2x and 2x lite textures will look even better....and as long as you keep the texture sizes relative to the originals...it won't matter how big the textures are...they'll show up correctly as soon as you select them.

• 5 months later...

No kidding. This is the first I'd ever seen of this.

I used to do skins for a game called Freedom Force, and there's an app extremely similar to this and is a free download. It supports the .max format and helps wonderfully in modding.

On a similar note, the guys in the forum who created the meshes (models) for the skins would also release wiremaps that you could lay on top of the particular file you're working with in a seperate layer...that helps immensely in making sure piping/stripes/socks are lined up at the model's seams (i.e. between jerf/jert/jers and jerk, to make sure the piping is lined up at the shoulder).

So, would it be possible to at least get wiremaps for the different parts?

• 1 month later...

I thought a free program called Zmodeler had an .o file plugin, because I remember doing something similar when NBA Live had .oif files for their models and there was an "oif to o and back" converter. I basically did it to make my own cyberface, and I must say it is so much better than editing, importing, going in-game, and checking results, rinsing and repeating.

I see the hibody.ord file, but I can't find the hibody.orl file??

LOL, I finally found the files and was able to export them through dolffin by copying the hex data and pasting it into a new file, I made an o file but Oedit 0.2.41 sais it has unsupported sections. I did some digging and found that Zmodeler had an oif plugin and there is a tool (oiftool) for converting an o file to a oif tool for viewing/editing in Zmodeler. I have oiftool, but when I run it, no window pops up but it is in the task manager. I tried compatability mode, still didn't work.

No I don't have it, but I used a different version of ord2o and got it to open in oedit. Then I tried to convert it to oif so I can open it in Zmodeler but oiftool said it was an unsupported o file. Does millkshape 3d have o file support?

Archived