Scott Linebrink Cyberface Preview

eber

It looks good, but did you usea hi-res picture?

I did but the detail diminishes a lot when I resize the picture to 128x256. I know some people make 2x cyberfaces--can someone point me to a link or tell me how it's done (I'm assuming compression or file type is different)? I've tried search and it doesn't bring up a whole lot. BTW, I used jogar84's tutorial on cyberfaces.

I have backups of the file in various stages of progress and I'll try to remake it in 2x if possible.

I like the head shape of your first attempt more as it looks more like Linebrink. I like your cyberface texture in your second attempt more as the details of his face are more clear. Maybe you can use the new texture on the older head shape and work with Oedit to get the nose like the second attempt.

Yeah... thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to tweak with Oedit (which I didn't really mess around with on either of them). I'm currently trying to tweak the 2nd headshape to make it like the 1st head shape. The problem I had with the 1st headshape is that it's Jason Schmidt and his nostrils don't fit Linebrink well. Ugh...now I'm finding out once again why I have gave up on this about a year ago... But anyway, I'll try out what you suggested about fitting the 2nd texture on the 1st headshape and tweaking it.

Here's the blend of 2nd texture and 1st headshape...no tweaking of the nostrils yet as I gave up on it for now (there are so many points to pick it gets confusing! And don't get me started on moving them around :p).

linebrink33nm.jpg

Here we I go again... I think this one is the best out of the three. New headshape and improved texture... I think I might call it finished after this one... I tend to tweak around with this too much and I'm getting tired of staring at his face :p This one is 2x btw.

scotty3sx.jpg

i think the first one was the best.

Really? The quality is pretty poor on the first one. And with that particular headshape, it looks "off" because it has Jason Schmidt's nostrils (which are huge). In game, I think the last one looks the best.

shark2nz.jpg

*still need to go back and tweak the skin near his eyebrow, but I think that should be it.

Here we I go again... I think this one is the best out of the three. New headshape and improved texture... I think I might call it finished after this one... I tend to tweak around with this too much and I'm getting tired of staring at his face :p This one is 2x btw.

scotty3sx.jpg

Pretty good, just touch up his one eyebrow.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it's good, man. release it :)

You know what sucks? My computer crashed during the holidays and I since I never fixed up that eyebrow piece, I never released it (or backed it up) and lost it during the reformat.

I guess I'll get around to it some time again--don't know when yet though. I haven't even re-installed all of my apps....just installed MVP though. I'm still sorta pissed that I lost the files since it took a lot of tweaking and trials to get to the final product. :evil:I think I got the hang of making a cyberface, so re-making it again shouldn't take long at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to re-doing this cyberface during all the football today. :p It's uploaded and just waiting for approval. It's pretty much the same as the last one (pre-computer crash) with a few minor improvements.

Preview in the edited original message.

Archived