MVPedit 2006.2 (Jan 11 2006)

rglass95

I came out of hibernation. bear.gif

http://www.glass4.com/mvpedit/

Special thanks to krawhitham for all the stuff he figured out. He is the man and you should all worship him. More info at the link.

MVPedit 2006.2

What was wrong with the first version?

I had modified the import of the DAT functions to handle the patch #4 format, and modified the export headers to match this new format. What I didn't do was modify the export data - thus, the headers and data didn't match. Oops. So every column was shifted over by one - hence the screwed up data in the game.

I exported my rosters in 2006.1, and I can't import them in 2006.2!

Open your attrib.dat in a text editor and replace the first line with this:

0 first_name,1 last_name,2 playerattrib_jerseynum,3 playerattrib_bats,4 playerattrib_throws,5 playerattrib_primary_position,6 playerattrib_secondary_position,7 playerattrib_height,8 playerattrib_weight,9 playerattrib_boneprofile,10 playerattrib_face,11 playerattrib_face2004style,12 playerattrib_skin_tone,13 playerattrib_hairstyle,14 playerattrib_haircolour,15 playerattrib_facialhair,16 playerattrib_bodytype,17 playerattrib_audioid,18 playerattrib_photo,19 playerattrib_platediscipline,20 playerattrib_bunting,21 playerattrib_stealing_aggressive,22 playerattrib_baserunning,23 playerattrib_speed,24 playerattrib_fielding,25 playerattrib_range,26 playerattrib_throwstrength,27 playerattrib_throwaccuracy,28 playerattrib_durability,29 playerattrib_battingstance,30 playerattrib_swingtype,31 playerattrib_batcolour,32 playerattrib_batglove,33 playerattrib_wristband,34 playerattrib_elbowguard,35 playerattrib_shinguard,36 playerattrib_socks,37 playerattrib_catchermask,38 playerattrib_fieldglovecolour,39 playerattrib_ditty,40 playerattrib_salary,41 playerattrib_contract_length,42 playerattrib_starpower,43 playerattrib_topprospect,44 playerattrib_hidden,45 playerattrib_birthday,;

You should then be able to import your rosters.

After waiting over 20 years for the Astros to reach the World Series, how do you feel about them being swept?

:(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great surprise. The only thing that I noticed is that when importing the patch 5 roster, the star power, hidden, and prospect values do not import properly. Those three are the only changed values from the original attrib.dat file. The patch 5 would import in the earlier 2005.4 version but it had the same problem. Is there a possible fix for the reading of those three data fields which will be recognized correctly by the updated mvpedit. Thanks for updating this great program.

What is different. Please tell us that never use MVP Edit.

From the MVPedit website

MVPedit 2006.1 Release Notes:

With the ability to edit career year by year stats in this version, a few changes had to be made that will cause some compatibility issues. These are the steps you must take in order to migrate to 2005.4. READ THESE CAREFULLY.

-MVPedit 2006.1 released.

-Fixed import of Patch 4 rosters.

-Added search for audio / photo id and screen for used ids (thanks to stecropper).

-Stole config file from SwinginSoriano, hope he doesn't mind :) (thanks to SwinginSoriano).

-Fixed the tabctl32.ocx error.

-Now using impBIG to handle pictures (thanks to krawhitham).

-Option to export portraits and faces in 2x size (thanks to krawhitham).

-Update for Lahman Database 5.3 (thanks to krawhitham).

-Set default face for Lahman imports correctly (thanks to krawhitham).

Found an error:

After working on the the rostres in MVPeit, I exported them to the started. When I looked at the rosters in the game (FA-screen), all the player's have had their speed chnaged from whatever it was to a number between 1-9.

Also, it doesn't seem like it's exporting the face numbers correctly. Not a single portrait showed up in the game (at least what I could see) but I guess that it might have to do with the 2x player portraits functions that I unchecked in the Options screen...

DON'T use the new version

NO portraits show up in an exported roster

face values you a really ODD

Skin tones are changed

Batting stances are changed

Speed values are changed

Maybe more I do not know

I took 4.72 made no changes and exported the roster, here are some screen shots

mvperror12gb.png

mvperror23hb.png

mvperror30ao.png

mvperror45jd.png

Well..

I just did whole Boston Red Sox in action portraits on that new version, and I realy didnt got problems at all... just got the MVPedit freezing 3 times deleting when I was deleting some fsh's.

Its amazing also how it compress the fsh.

Good job, hope to see all other bugs fixed.

Ket

MVPedit 2006.2

What was wrong with the first version?

I had modified the import of the DAT functions to handle the patch #4 format, and modified the export headers to match this new format. What I didn't do was modify the export data - thus, the headers and data didn't match. Oops. So every column was shifted over by one - hence the screwed up data in the game.

I exported my rosters in 2006.1, and I can't import them in 2006.2!

Open your attrib.dat in a text editor and replace the first line with this:

0 first_name,1 last_name,2 playerattrib_jerseynum,3 playerattrib_bats,4 playerattrib_throws,5 playerattrib_primary_position,6 playerattrib_secondary_position,7 playerattrib_height,8 playerattrib_weight,9 playerattrib_boneprofile,10 playerattrib_face,11 playerattrib_face2004style,12 playerattrib_skin_tone,13 playerattrib_hairstyle,14 playerattrib_haircolour,15 playerattrib_facialhair,16 playerattrib_bodytype,17 playerattrib_audioid,18 playerattrib_photo,19 playerattrib_platediscipline,20 playerattrib_bunting,21 playerattrib_stealing_aggressive,22 playerattrib_baserunning,23 playerattrib_speed,24 playerattrib_fielding,25 playerattrib_range,26 playerattrib_throwstrength,27 playerattrib_throwaccuracy,28 playerattrib_durability,29 playerattrib_battingstance,30 playerattrib_swingtype,31 playerattrib_batcolour,32 playerattrib_batglove,33 playerattrib_wristband,34 playerattrib_elbowguard,35 playerattrib_shinguard,36 playerattrib_socks,37 playerattrib_catchermask,38 playerattrib_fieldglovecolour,39 playerattrib_ditty,40 playerattrib_salary,41 playerattrib_contract_length,42 playerattrib_starpower,43 playerattrib_topprospect,44 playerattrib_hidden,45 playerattrib_birthday,;

You should then be able to import your rosters.

After waiting over 20 years for the Astros to reach the World Series, how do you feel about them being swept?

:(

Feature request

When importing stats using lahman's DB we have the option to "Copy to Career". Is it possible to add update last season played stats.

When playing in single game mode the game displays what that player did in his last season. Is this possble to add?

It would make updating rosters for 2006 allot quicker and easier

Thanks for your time

Archived