And The Crowd Goes Wild! (Final Version)

UncleMo

I am glad you all like it and I hope that it makes the game more enjoyable. Now that I've gotten to do this mod, I'm never audio modding again. I'm glad I got to do what I've always wanted to do.

Thug I think you should try it again. No one else has said that and I've tested it out with headphones and speakers. Let me know in this thread.

I could not get around that pop sound. I inserted the file but do not know hex editing. We have to put up with that tiny pop sound. The only workaround is Game Extractor which when you import sound it should add zeros at the end of your sond file like it is hex editing so that there will be no popping sound. The only thing is that I am not sure how Game Extractor works so I stuck with my bread and butter of using asf/importer exporter and Kraw taught me about "Splitter".

As for your questions Royal Blues:

On another note, do you know if there are team-specific sound files? Yeah, check the rallydat file, open it with asf importer exporter convert it with SX in the downloads section, edit it with whatever program (I use sound recorder which is a primitive but free software that comes with XP). When you are done convert your .wav file back to .asf using the ditty importer and then search the forums for "splitter" in a post by Krawhitham so you can use splitter and the asf importer/exporter to get your sound file back in the game

"If that is something that can be updated, can you or any other sound-literate guys help point me toward a program where I can record it myself, then multiplying it to resemble a stadium chanting it?"

-I alread asked around and got no (good) answer. So you're on your own. Sorry.

Updated version uploaded so that the rowdy crowd files are mixed with the quiet ones instead of just replacing the quiet ones. I did this because it sounded to weird replacing them. Now this sounds much much better. I can't explain it, you'll just have to hear it.

Ahh, I think that is a no can do but I will tell you this-

One game that sound mod didn't come on until the 6th inning for me.

One game it came on right away and it did annoy me a good bit. I guess I could do it where only half the files are changed. I'm gonna move and keep that on mind. Gimme some time.

Download the updated version. Version 2. For some reason when I updated the file it did not say "Updated!". I fixed that problem Emil was talking about. It was weird. Now I mixed the old crowd sounds (where they were quiet but you could hear an entire stadium full of people) with the modd so that you get that entire full stadium effect.

If someone downloads it and finds that the file uploaded actually did NOT get updated I'll try one last time to upload the fixed version.

As for that transition sound you hear Sandlot, I'm sorry I can not fix that because I don't know a. how to use Game Extractor b. Hex editing and c. or both.

Edit: However I am contemplating doing a "lite version" where I only change the crowd sometimes and not as much as I did so that it comes on part of the time and thus you will hear the transition less often.

Sorry, it is in the downloads section. The link in this thread is poo poo. It is in the downloads section with this title:And The Crowd Goes Wild! (Final Version).

Please let me know if that update worked or not. I say it did but I could be hearing things.

In the meantime, I'll work on a "lite version" hopefully by the end of the weekend.

As of this week I have in my possession some amazing sounds that will be as good or better than this mod and the lite version of this mod. keep your eyes peeled. If you all see nothing that means I did not get it to work or it sounded like poo.

Edit: For example, you know how sometimes you go tho the game and there's an annoying drunk dude screaming crap? Nuff said.

Archived