Fort Lauderdale Stadium WIP

The Big O

You're the best, Big O.

Working with crowds isn't all that difficult, and here's my suggestion of what to do. When you open up the crowd.o file, take a single 4-point section of vertices in a part you're not working on, and set that up as the seating area you're trying to build. Because of the vertex properties, you can match it exactly, and it makes everything far, far easier overall.

Looking great.

Big O, GREAT JOB!!!!

Can I ask you a favor though? When you are done making this mod, Can you take out all the Orioles stuff and put up generic MLB/Spring Training Logos? This stadium is a perfect template for Spring training action. All of the other Spring training stadiums in this game S-U-C-K

Big O, GREAT JOB!!!!

Can I ask you a favor though? When you are done making this mod, Can you take out all the Orioles stuff and put up generic MLB/Spring Training Logos? This stadium is a perfect template for Spring training action. All of the other Spring training stadiums in this game S-U-C-K

The whole point of making this mod was to make the Orioles ST stadium. I don't want to make it generic, I want it to be the spring home of the Orioles. I might however release a separate mod at some point that is generic based off of ST #3, but after this I'm going to tackle the changes that have been made to Oriole Park (if any) and the changes to Fenway. There are plenty of other ST stadiums that are being made. If you want one for your particular team you might want to think about jumping on the stadium making bandwagon. It isn't as hard as you think and it is very rewarding.

Big O, here's a question, since you're such an Orioles fan, did you ever have any interest in working on Memorial? My version really sucks, so you're more than welcome to plow through that if you ever wanted.

I figure since you've never worked on a classic there's a reason, but it's all yours.

Big O, here's a question, since you're such an Orioles fan, did you ever have any interest in working on Memorial? My version really sucks, so you're more than welcome to plow through that if you ever wanted.

I figure since you've never worked on a classic there's a reason, but it's all yours.

I think evilselig did a pretty good update of it if I remember but I might see what I can do at some point. You did a real good job adjusting it to it's proper configuration with the collison data. I've never really looked at Memorial too much seeing as though I became an O's fan in '93. I'm much more attached to OPACY. As for working on classics, I'm not sure if you can call it a classic but I've entertained the idea of restoring OPACY to the 94 version for the '94 mod complete with the "Hit it Here" sign in RF, I've just never found good pics to do it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

My work continues steadily on this project but there is still a bit to be done yet. The practice field is coming along nicely. I've added the backstop and have refined the walls somewhat to give them that covered fence look. All of the lights and towers have been added and moved to their proper locations. As far as the ads go, I have some good news: I've finally found someone who has agreed to take some hi-res pics of the stadium for me, and for that I'm extremely grateful! I've done the best I could with what I had so far but all of the ads will recieve a makeover once I get those pics. I've added all of the seating now, but it still needs some tweaking. The background now is the major unfinished item as 80% of the ground outside the stadium needs to be created and trees and missing graphics still need to be moved around or hidden. I would say the major construction portion of the stadium is over however and I am happy with what I was able to do. You can see some pics below:

fl14.jpg

fl12.jpg

fl11.jpg

There is more collision data to sort through as all of these new amenities I've added need to be solid objects. I'd like to see balls bounce off the backstop and fences in the practice field and bounce of the grandstands in RF. I'm not quite sure how to add collision data these for things without effecting where the ball is called a HR. SeanO perhaps you could enlighten me on this...

Stay tuned.

It's certainly a mess to deal with, but theoretically should be possible. The non-home run collision data is in coll.dat, and if you open it up in Word, you'll get three rows for each entry, which should clearly be a collision point. It's going to take some serious thought, but if you play around with it, I would imagine you can just start by trying to move a solid object to, say, the middle of the field, somewhere you can easily test the collision detection.

I haven't had the energy to really plug through this file, but if we really get it figured out, it'd be neat to have Duffy's cliff at fenway, or an in-play batting cage at forbes, or in-play monuments in classic yankee.

good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

all the screenshots look great. thus, i am curious how close this is to being released? i am a huge o's fan and this would be great to add into the game since i am going to start my o's dynasty soon. keep up the good work

• 9 months later...

Spring Training is right around the corner, so what better time to dust off one of my shelved projects from last year: Fort Lauderdale Stadium.. Since the O's are still playing there and the stadium should look the same this season, I decided to go ahead and complete this mod. Right now I am about 98% done with only some cleanup left after spending a ton of time on this this week. I decided that I will leave the extra crowd in the stands and bleachers out for now as that is way too time comsuming, and it gives the park a somewhat empty look like an exhibition should, especially given the O's status in the baseball world right now...

I need some help however, the cameras aren't quite right (CF is obscured) and some don't really give good cut aways and the Foul Ball replay is obscured in some shots. Also I'd like to have a custom select screen with the stadium name, screenshot and updated dimensions if possible. Please PM me if you are willing to help me finish the complete package. I'd like to release it this week.

I'm pretty proud of this one because it's the first (and most likely last) stadium I built just about from scratch merging the two ST stadiums together. This was quite an effort to get this thing done, but I felt I couldn't leave it on the shelf after I spent so much time on it last year. I think it's pretty close to the actual thing, and it's pretty fun to play in. I love launching shots onto the practice field and watching them bounce off the CF batter's eye. Here are a slew of screen shots to show you:

fl15.jpg

fl16.jpg

fl17.jpg

fl18.jpg

fl19.jpg

fl20.jpg

fl21.jpg

Stay tuned... :wink:

Archived