MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the next version, please cahnge the faces of the umpires, they are disguisting. They need to make some old guys like you really see in the majors. Also adjust the pitching meter just a little to make it a little easier. Add the walkup music and put the crowd chants, the hecklers, and all the animations that really make it baseball. Dont take those things away, the atmosphere of a game time ballpark. One more unjuice the CPU its like they are on steroids, for real.

the CPU is not JUCIED, nothing was changed for CPU batting

it might be because you can not pitch with the new meter.

and do not knock someones mod (umpires) while you are asking for something

there is a datefile in one of the two main threads that is 99% of what the final will be, outfield fielders need to be moved a bit

FYI, I got my memory chip in the mail today, so my system has been upgraded from 512mb to 1.25gb.....the stuttering has been alleviated a little bit, but it's still there, enough so that if affects how I can pitch, my timing with the meter gets thrown all out of whack. Hopefully Kraw's 5-part fix will do the job.

I would like to throw my experience into the ring.

I downloaded Kraws file and the stuttering was better (it went down), but it was still there. I also downloaded the hi-res ball, I dunno if that would do anything.

I have 2.2 GHZ

512 ram

Geforce FX 5500

I was told by someone else to post this problem here. It's more about a roster problm with the update. Rich Harden of the A's throws a changeup in real life from ESPN.com's scouting page:

Pitching

As his name suggests, Harden throws hard. His fastball clocks near 94 MPH as the game begins, but he is one of those hurlers who gains velocity and later brings it at 97 MPH. With Harden mixing in a slider and a changeup, hitters find themselves overpowered, chasing the hard slider in the dirt or climbing the ladder for the fastball. The hitters who do make contact and fail are pretty well split between flyball outs and groundouts. He will need to work a little more on his control to reduce his walk total, but as a true power pitcher, Harden rounds out the Oakland rotation nicely.

Also two years ago barry Zito added a 2 seamer to his repitoire. it's what has been credited to his turnaround back to a Cy Young caliber pitcher. Again, from ESPN.com's scouting page:

Pitching

It is no secret that Zito does not overpower anyone. His fastball, at best, clocks at 89 MPH, though he does have a solid change. But Zito lives and dies by his wicked 12-to-6 curve. Throwing it for strikes didn't come as easy in 2004, and Zito fell behind hitters more often and was hit a lot more. Near midseason, Zito added a two-seam fastball that fades from hitters, and that aided him during the second half.

I hope I didn;t put this in the wrong place. I'm new around here and think that these mods you guys worked on are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Great work to everyone involved!

roster changes should go in the ultimate roster thread. i love the A's and have all ready informed the UR maker about the problems...one thing though are you sure zito has a 2 seamer??? he developed what he called a slurve last year, i remember the announcers calling it a slider but they interviewed zito and he claimed it was a slurve. i never heard anything about a 2 seamer, im not doubting you i just have not seen it personally.

The solution I thought of (for the year 2006 problem) was to edit every player back 1 year in MVPedit but that would take forever (something I am known to do).

When it comes to the stats of the game, I am a freak. Graphics are cool and all that but stats are where my interests lie.

What I did was took the Lahman DB and I dump all stats from the MVPsav reader into a excel document, reformat the data and dump it into Lahman's DB which I have been developing a nice history stats tracker.

The problem with editing all of the players back from say 2005 to 2004 would be it would jack up my DB.

Another option would be to erase all of the 2005 stats but leave the players on the teams they are designated for 2006.

Or... ask EASPORTS if they could let us change the year in the game since they aren't giving us a yr 2006 version.

Any suggestions?

Finally, Ive never thought myself as anything close to being a modder but as I began to think of all the time I have put into rosters and such, maybe I can upload them for others to use. I am such a rosters freak that couple years back I bought Madden and the NCAA versions of football for XBOX and I loved the way you could dump graduating classes into Madden but I hated that there were no names for the players in the NCAA game.... so I printed off every college and put every name in the game... took forever but frankly I felt better, haha

PirateFan13 out

One more note... I am using a GeForce 440 or something for my Desktop, is that bad?? All this talk of stuttering, I just be dealing with it... Maybe its time for a new GC but I want to be absolutely sure I get the right one.

Cause I dont want a watered down version of the MVP2006, I like all the mods and certainly appreciate the time spent putting this package together

Kraw,

The batch file for your beta fix has an error. In the installer you can specify another directory where you have the game installed...in my case MVP2006 folder. However, when the batch file kicks off it says you do did not select your MVP2005 directory and I don't think anything gets updated. You may want to check this for your final release for this utility.

C

The solution I thought of (for the year 2006 problem) was to edit every player back 1 year in MVPedit but that would take forever (something I am known to do).

Any suggestions?

Have you tried the universal changes / Lahman import in MVPEdit? I'm fairly certain you can do everything that you want to do here fairly simply and more quickly than you are planning on doing it.

--Eric

you renamed mvp2005.exe to mvp2006.exe?

change it back

No...just the folder name...not the exe...the installer allows you to "point" to where the game is installed and I did...exe did not change. So, I have: Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2006 as my folder structure.

Have you tried the universal changes / Lahman import in MVPEdit? I'm fairly certain you can do everything that you want to do here fairly simply and more quickly than you are planning on doing it.

--Eric

Is it possible to edit the database so 05 stats show up as 04 stats, 04 as 03, etc then just globally import the DB? Editing the DB wouldn't be too hard, but the only way I could figure out how to import the stats was doing it player by player.

Archived