Baker Bowl - Now with (early!) screenshots

Sean O

A quick screenshot of the park:

baker2hs.th.jpg

Obviously there's a lot of stuff left to do here, mainly in figuring out the last part of the removable.o situation. But, it's coming along pretty well, and I love the possibilities that we have right now.

Also, paulw will hopefully be helping out with the graphics, which includes the lifebuoy signs and the graphics for the city buildings.

Hey all-

Before I post any screenshots, I just want everyone to know this is extremely early, and the graphics you see will not be there in the final release. Luckily, I have my fabulously talented cohort paul working on the graphics, which will maintain his usually high level of quality.

But, I love doing comparison shots, so here goes:

Baker Bowl, thanks to Andrew Clem (http://andrewclem.com/Baseball/index.shtml):

BakerBowl.gif

bakerleft.th.jpg

shibeleft.th.jpg

bakercenter.th.jpg

shibecenter.th.jpg

bakerright.th.jpg

shiberight.th.jpg

So, to recap, the oediting is mostly done, as is the collision detection (60' right field wall, with the huge lifebuoy sign, is too much fun for words) and crowd changes. All that's really left is for paul to do his magic, and I guarantee this will be a ball to play.

If I get a positive response, I'll assume people are interested in this project and I will add the 1915 version with seating in center field, which inadvertently cost the Phillies their first World Series.

Fantastic, quick question. which file did you use to edit wall collision

detection?

Do a search for wall.dat, or search for threads I've created, I explained how to mod the walls right there. It's actually not too hard once you get a handle on oedit; i'm hoping with the new discoveries we're making in oedit, a whole lot more people will take on wall modding. The results really are neat.

Thanks Sean O. IS anyone thinking of tackling the Proposed Mets

stadium that was going to be used for the olympics?

I'd love to do some of the future stadiums that are on the board - oakland, Florida, Minnesota, Mets, Yanks, etc. - once I get more comfortable with oedit. These kinds of things will keep the game playable for a long time. :)

BTW, Baker looks awesome. Can't wait for the final version.

• 3 weeks later...

paul has the version I've worked on, but I'm leaving it completely up to him on when it gets done. Rest assured that the more time we give paul to work his incredible magic, the more amazing the results will be.

If this even remotely approaches what I think it could look like, it will be so much fun to play, it'll be illegal in 22 states.

Archived