The New Busch Stadium a WIP

Pirate

Pirate, man, I just have to say - you are absolutely AMAZING. I loved the work you did on Busch II, and the work you're doing on Busch III is just beyond belief.

I am a life-long Cards fan (25 years and counting, if you assume I came out of the womb cheering for Cardinal Nation) - and I am awed by the amount of work you put in on things that aren't even for your home team.

I am so looking forward to this new stadium - I have been down to look at the construction numerous times, and your work-in-progress just makes it seem so much closer to being able to sit in the real deal.

I simply can't wait for this stadium to be done - it's combination with the '06 total-convrsion will truly be a thing to behold.

Thank you so much for all your work.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Pirate, I noticed something in your screenshot with the overhang above the upperdeck. It's probably insignificant but I thought you might want to change it. I included a picture at the bottom to explain it.

by the way, GREAT WORK! :D

STLchange.jpg

I don't know what you are pointing out.

I believe he's saying that the arched facade you have on the front of the upper deck roof actually doesn't exist. What you see http://www.ballparktour.com/BuschB.jpg << the arches are on the back, as opposed to the front, or field, side.

So, yeah.

exactly, I tried to explain it as best as I could

but it's so insignificant that it really doesn't need to be changed

I found a site in which a fella went on a tour of the park so far. Woot! Here are some updates.

Note new helmet cabinet - no wood

dugout.jpg

I made up this top and can change it when we see what it really is:

dugouttop.jpg

There is the clock updated:

clock.jpg

And Hardees is coming along (I need to lower the light poles I know.):

hardees.jpg

Pirate, you are truly the man. I have been blown away by your previous modded stadiums, but this one is just unbelievable. Great job!

The only thing I noticed missing from your pics was the bullseye around the pitchers' mound. They are bringing that back from Busch I.

Also, from all the pics I have seen, it looks like the backstop will be brick. I don't know if you have it covered already, and you verywell may have, but I couldn't see from the photos you posted.

I can't wait to play in this park, keep up the great work!

Man, aesthetically I'm still down on the park, but those sightlines are freaking fantastic. As someone who builds parks, that picture from underneath the top deck where you can't even see straight forward, that's tremendous. They're trying to make the sightlines as great as they can, which is a good step after the questionable decisions in recent retro parks.

I like the little touches, and the skyline, I just hope the end result looks better than the mockup pics.

Archived