Total Classics Phase 5 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

yeah guys, especially kraw who's crying over this, and Y4l can confirm this.

out of 75 players i was willing to make up stats for MVPLEGENDS who are modders who arent around anymore.

but i only had like less than 30 people submit photos and stats. if less than half(50) care about this project, then why should i push for it?

Fuzz, from what I understood when we first tried to revive this in early November, you gave everyone a deadline to post their stats. Check out this thread here and see what you wrote.

Fuzzone wrote on 11-9-05:

u folks got till monday, otherwise, me and a team of 5 or 6 people will design uniforms, make rosters based on who posts alot, mods alot or at least made one astonishing mod and so on.

For example, that dude that did the SavReader -- NOBODY MENTIONS HIM!! BUT DAMN -- that was break through.

ah, if i end up doing this project -- i promise everyone ill be fair and that's that.

MONDAY BOYS!! MONDAY!

You were willing to make up the stats for everyone that didn't post their entire stats. The people that didn't do this were wrong in doing so. They made it harder on you and for no reason at all. But the people who gave you everything you asked for are the ones who got the short end on this.

Moving on to page 15 in that same thread:

Fuzz goes on:

come monday, if this project isnt in development or nearly done -- im going to probably going to do what i said, mvpmods legends, the mod squad, etc.

and im not going to be asking questions.

come monday -- first 25 to post their picture and stats and meet any requirements are on the forum fanatic team.

and:

man, all these questions -- come monday nobodys going to have a say and i guarantee u, everyones just going to appreciate that this project is done.

im a fair person and the team assembled for this will be fair also.

You see, the way I was told is that whoever did not give Fuzz the complete stats and exactly what he wanted, he was going to make up the rosters according to how saw fit. And you know what? That was fine. Everyone had the opportunity to give him their stats and photos. More than enough time. You had the opportunity to not give a photo if you didn't want to. You could have used your avatar. Hell, I even changed my avatar to my current one and I let Hory know that. So there was enough time.

I guess what I want to know is why it was decided that stats would not be made up for people who had incomplete submissions? If that was done, then this mod could have been completed. People were given enough time.

Fuzzone posted this today:

point is, I really did try.

I know you did and thank you again.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main problem wasn't incomplete submissions. The problem was no submissions at all! If we had 75 (or even 50) submissions that were incomplete, we could have dealt with that. The issue was that there were only 24 - 30 submissions in total (complete or incomplete).

If we had ony dloaded Phase 1 and 2, can we jump directly to dloading Phase 5? Or do we have to dload all phases in order and install them all in order?

thanks...love your work...how you guys find the time and drive is amazing...

Each release builds upon the previous release, so when you download TC5, you get everything that was in TC1 - TC4 as well as everything new in TC5. That's why each release is so large. It contains everything, rather than just a patch with the latest changes.

The main problem wasn't incomplete submissions. The problem was no submissions at all! If we had 75 (or even 50) submissions that were incomplete, we could have dealt with that. The issue was that there were only 24 - 30 submissions in total (complete or incomplete).

Jim, I understand about the lack of submissions. I am sure all you had was a list of names and very little input as to stats and photos for those names.

But we were told that anything that was not complete would be made up to complete this mod. Fuzz told people over and over if there stats are not all set, he would have to assign positions, uniform numbers, etc.

I am just disappointed because I was involved in this for the entire month of November. I was the one who started that thread to inquire about everyone's interest for these set of teams. And we had a lot of interest in it. The people that did submit stuff must be feeling a little let down. I know I am. I also feel like an idiot now because I brought that subject up back then that got everyone pysched for this and now it won't happen.

Here's my standard question at this point.

If I install phase 5 can I continue with my present dynasty's?

I had no problems after installing phase 4 and was able to have the benifits of the update and not loose a step, so I am hoping the

same will be true for phase 5.

If you had no problems with TC4 then you should have no problems with TC5, unless your dynasty is with the '48 Browns. We replaced that team with the '42 Browns.

Jim, I understand about the lack of submissions. I am sure all you had was a list of names and very little input as to stats and photos for those names.

But we were told that anything that was not complete would be made up to complete this mod. Fuzz told people over and over if there stats are not all set, he would have to assign positions, uniform numbers, etc.

I am just disappointed because I was involved in this for the entire month of November. I was the one who started that thread to inquire about everyone's interest for these set of teams. And we had a lot of interest in it. The people that did submit stuff must be feeling a little let down. I know I am. I also feel like an idiot now because I brought that subject up back then that got everyone pysched for this and now it won't happen.

Their was a group of people tring to collect all the info: ME, snash13, Y4L, and others.

Fuzzz come in, with his holier-than-thou fashion and said he was taking over because we were taking to long. He was going to take over the project and get it done. If he did not take over it would never get done.

He set a deadline for all user info, if he did not have what he needed he would come up with his own info. But we were told it would be OK because he was "fair and that's that." We were told that was the only way to get it done on time.

Now we are being told it is not done because not everyonce submited info?

That was suppose to be a mute point, he would make up the player details, just to get the teams done.

He made a big case out of the fact we could not get anything done and he would come to the rescue and bail us out.

It looks like he handed the project off to people that did not have all the history of the project, they were handed what info Fuzz had and told to make the teams. Well there was not enough info to make the teams and they did not know what to do

forget it!

why r u upset bro? i hope you're not upset at me.

it's just what seems reasonable, for you to ask the question again or for me to do a bunch of stuff and also go searching for your question.

just ask and i'll answer bro.

loc files to not match the songs

the cold zones shown when pitch hitting is red

and I need to redo the stadium screens (I noticed when I did them for 06 the domed stadiums needed a different size, well it seem all stadiums that do not have a day and night version need to be the different size)

Probably a small oversight, but the '98 Padres don't have the '98 uniforms available (only the current sand and blue unis). I know they can be added in manually, but it'd be nice if they were already included for future downloads.

As a side note, I tried downloading bigbully's 98 Padres unis and the installation wasn't "simple" so I said eff it and didn't want to deal with it just yet, so I'm putting it aside for now.

Archived