Today's Uniform Updates

carter

Which uniform set of mine is your favourite thus far?  

23 members have voted

1. 1.

• Blue Jays Baby Blue
    • Washington Senators
    • Blue Jays Canada Day
    • Mets Spring Training
    • Padres Camouflage
    • Red Sox St. Patrick's Day
    • All of the above

ya! that is a lot! i don't know how many of those that i will do, if any. i think a lot of the ones pictured are already in the game (or something that looks very similar). you may just need to unlock them goldensuitcase.

anyhow, i think i am going to take a break from modding for a week or two. it takes a whole lot of time to make a uniform and while i appreciate the thanks and support, i cannot continue to make individual uniforms for everyone. i haven't had any time to actually play the game lately and i kind of miss that. afterall, that's why we have mods... to make the game better.

however, there will be more... that i can promise... the next one i can tell you will be the 1964 Houston Colts home and away. it's already in the works.

carter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, CARTER, since you want to stop, would you mind maybe helping me out in learning how to do this a little?

Id love to contribute a little since everyone has given me so much.

If you have AIM, let me know or if you can just email me detailed instructions, i would appreciate it.

Thanks agsain

Hope you have achange of heart

Id love to see my baby mets in a nice ice white uniform and have a green one to celebrate st. patricks day with:)

use fuzzmvp. Double click on the uniform you want to edit. Goto the directory that its been edited to. AND EDIT THE UNIFORMS. Use adobe or photoshop.

Thats my recommendation.

I don't know if carter wants to take a break from making uniforms so he can teach people how to make them.doesn't make much sense.

fuzZ

hey goldensuitcase, one last thing..out of curiousity...what do you think would make him pay more attention to your uniforms..besides obviously telling him over and over,post after post. Curious, i'd like to know the answer myself..

god I ove those icey white met uniforms ;)

"Minutes tick away, Days come and go, years fly by...but everytime I drive by Shea Stadium---it's 19 friggin 86."

"YANKEES RULE Whether you like it or not. And yeah, I don't care if we buy ourselves a championship. You walk into a store, you see a suit you like and you buy it. Doesn't make sense competing with 30 other guys who want to shoot dice for it."

fuzZ and fuzZ.lol

hey all...

i just want to clarify, i'm not quitting, but just slowing down. i started a dynasty with the red sox when i first got the game and i want to play a little now, that's all. making uniforms takes a lot of my free time up and therefore i haven't been able to play any games lately.

i'm still going to be around, and i will still be making uniforms, just not as often. so hold off on the requests for now. i already have a long list to work through.

that's it for now. thanks again for all your support and appreciation.

carter

cartersyard,

You Sir, have earned a break. Your work is magnificient!

Bring those BoSox home a Winner !!!

Take Care - Enjoy the Game - Thanks A Million !!!

(Which by the way - How does one support your efforts ?) I would love to contribute in someway to the obvious huge amount of time you spend making this game so much better for many of us. Making a financial donation is about the only way I think I could help out here and Man! WE ALL know you certainly deserve it .........

C U

Cropper

Those are awesome

Im getting obsessed with the possibilities of all that could be done.

Someone needs to show me how to create a uniform. Please, in all that is holy, someone teach me the ways of being awesome

Amen to that....just one set of temps...pretty please

golden...

first, here's what you need to know... making a uniform for the first time is an extremely difficult task if you do not have any previous graphics knowledge or modding experience. i would strongly recomend first learning photoshop or paint shop pro (and get one of those programs). then learn a lot of the terms used in the graphics world such as layer, jpg, bmp, crop, pixel, colorize and color depth. after that, move on to making uniforms. furthermore, a lot of the work is trial and error... so, what may work for one may not work for the other. therefore, having graphics knowledge will help you out in this process because you will know what effects and tools are capable of. writing instructions on how to make uniforms is futile if the reader is not ready for it yet. all a tutorial will do is raise more and more questions.

however, if you decide to proceed without this knowledge, here's what i would recomend:

1) stop posting requests for everything and do some research on your own. you can learn a lot of interesting and useful stuff in the process.

2) there are uniform templates on this site. find them.

3) there are instructions on how to add uniforms in the old forum. find them.

that's about it.

carter

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Carter,

first let say that I appreciate your time and efforts in helping me when I needed it. Im not bullshitting or kissing ***. Im being genuine when I say Thank you.

Second,

You sound somewhat annoyed though, about the fact that someone is asking for help. I know I have asked alot, but its stayed in 2 threads dedicated to uniforms and I have never once discredited anything about you or anyone else.

If people dont ask how or for help, tell me how you expect them to learn. Everyone needs a starting point. You cant just go tell someone if they are trying to learn finite math that they should look at a site and read the README and expect them to fully understand it. We all need a starting point.

But thanks for your help. I will try my best to do this without you.

well, people can learn by teaching themselves. the information on how to add uniforms is out there... i guarantee it. that shoud be your starting point. there are pre-existing tutorials in the old forums. i know, because i read them myself when trying to learn about this stuff. all i am saying is that you sometimes have to do a little leg work yourself. why should anyone rewrite something that already exists?

furthermore, one cannot easily learn finite math unless they have previous math knowledge. i wouldn't expect a grade two student to be able to understand combinatorics, probability or permeations. you have to work up to that level. so in the case of uniform modding, do you have the prior graphics knowledge to proceed? if not, all i am saying is work on that first. get a book on photoshop or visit the adobe site. there are two parts to uniform modding. the first and most important is knowing how to edit the uniforms once you unpack them. the second part is using the modding utilities out there.

i have no problem answering questions, it's just that you want an entire step by step walkthrough... complete with everything defined as if a computer newbie is reading it. look at it from another point of view, a lot of people might be offended if the simple stuff was explained because they could feel that the writer was talking down to them. so it's safer if you just read what's out there and then ask questions. that's the best thing. ask specific questions on what you do not understand or are having trouble with. i'll be more than happy to help with that.

the problem is, that you haven't done that though... you want someone to tell you everything. you are not asking for anything specific! so, where should we begin? should we define BMP or write about how to use the EA Graphics Editor?

carter

ok i dont know about carter, but if i have to read one more post from golden begging for knowledge or about those icy white uniforms, i'm literally going to grab this monitor, toss it out the window and jump out right after it.

stoOPP REQUESTING the same thing over and over!O@EWDQJKSKJC

ok i dont know about carter, but if i have to read one more post from golden begging for knowledge or about those icy white uniforms, i'm literally going to grab this monitor, toss it out the window and jump out right after it.

stoOPP REQUESTING the same thing over and over!O@EWDQJKSKJC

How big is your monitor? And what floor are you on?

Archived