Will anything happen if a player on my team hits over .400?

UncleMo

What is considered "modern baseball" record?

And thanks for the all-time stat. I'll see if I can shoot for that instead.

Well, I'd probably say there are 2 arguable beginnings to "modern" baseball. 1919-1920 is the more obvious one, since it was the last major change made to baseball as we know it, the Live Ball era. The ball itself changed in 1919, from a much softer ball to the hard one we know now. At this point, homers became much more prevalent, spit balls were cut down (some obviously were still able to cheat, and others on a select list were 'grandfathered' in), and ballparks started to become smaller.

The other, less tangible start can range from 1946 to 1953. 1946 was the end of segregation with Jackie coming in, and 1953 was the first time a franchise had relocated in decades, with the Braves moving to Milwaukee.

So, there you go. In my humble opinion, of course.

Actually I assumed that when you broke the batting title record, Ty Cobb, Hank Greenburg, Hank Aaron etc... came to your house & played you MVP Baseball. If you beat them, they call EA to arrange a parade down the main street of your city for you. You are given free food for life & a choice of which woman you want to marry. (provided she isn't already married) If you are married you get a one time dispensation of the bigamy laws so that you can marry more than one wife. (unless you are Mormon in which case you get a many time dispensation.)

I thought the way it works is, He would try to become a free agent, demand a lot of money and if his demands are not met he would be a hold out! So my advice is to have him go on a big slump and get his batting average down around .250 to .275 then you should be good to go. Is'nt that the way it works?

To me, the 'modern era' is after 1903 simply because that's where we start counting our 'records'. You could separate this era into segments.

-1903 - 1947: Old baseball

-1948 - 1993: The 'golden' age

-1994 - ?: Steroids and the strike ruined the game, so we ***** and moan about our records yet support our 230 pound sluggers with record attendence which allows owners to give these guys record contracts era.

But, ok, I really think people need to get a sense of perspective here. In the 20's and 30's, people cheated with spitballs, owners put people in white shirts in the opposing batter's sight, and the groundscrews have modified the park to suit the home team.

The point is, cheating has always occurred, the owners have always been cruel and heartless (reserve clause? there's nothing fair about that), and yet the game has changed to make it work. In the 60s, when the mounds were raised and the league expanded greatly thus weakening the talent pool, this was a pitcher's game. In the 90s, when the parks got smaller, the ball was wound tighter, and people cheated, it was a hitter's game.

Baseball survives. I think we should test players vigilantly (including blood tests), but otherwise let people go for what they did prior to 2005. This speculation is ridiculous, and it's getting to the point where everyone in the era is being accused of what they may not have done.

Judge players against their peers rather than set numbers. Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa were light years ahead of their peers, and so they deserve to be in the hall.

nuf ced.

If you are married you get a one time dispensation of the bigamy laws so that you can marry more than one wife. (unless you are Mormon in which case you get a many time dispensation.)

This is off topic, but you know what the punishment for polygamy is don't you?

two wives. And that means twice as many chores, twice as much complaining, and likely the same amount of the good stuff as you'd get with just one. So exactly who's the winner in this?

Provided she isn't already married? Aww, what's the point in that? :)

I boke the triples record with Carl Crawford once and a note popped up after the game saying that I did. I THINK the announcers actually mentioned it as well.

yeah in 2007 i think a rod hit his 500th home run and the announcer mentioned it on the home run replay. pretty cool.

Provided she isn't already married? Aww, what's the point in that? :)

I boke the triples record with Carl Crawford once and a note popped up after the game saying that I did. I THINK the announcers actually mentioned it as well.

yeah in 2007 i think a rod hit his 500th home run and the announcer mentioned it on the home run replay. pretty cool.

and since nobody is replying to my other thread, can someone please give me any info on how to install the livin large download for the pc? i already have it downloaded and everything but it doesnt just work like roster updates.

This is off topic, but you know what the punishment for polygamy is don't you?

two wives. And that means twice as many chores, twice as much complaining, and likely the same amount of the good stuff as you'd get with just one. So exactly who's the winner in this?

Yeah!!! LOL. I gotta tell that to my girlfriend. Thanks.

and since nobody is replying to my other thread, can someone please give me any info on how to install the livin large download for the pc? i already have it downloaded and everything but it doesnt just work like roster updates.

I'm not sure about this, but aren't there instructions in the readme?

Archived