A's Run @ The Title!! (updated monthly)

Rags

howd you get Junior?

Traded Frank Thomas, Jay Payton, and #2 Pitching Prospect to Cincy for Ken Griffey Jr.

So I basically swallowed alot of money and gave them my #2 pitching prospect....I did that towards the deadline in the first year of my dynasty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free Agents?

Congrats on your 50th jack shot!

thanks, crosby actually went yard twice so that's 51! Todd Helton has 44 i think so I should maintain the HR crown this year

they keep throwing those high and inside fastballs to crosby and i keep taking them deep :)

Should I start a new thread for year 3 of my dynasty?

Yea make a new thread just started to follow nice job with crosby on MVP whats his power L and R.

in 2006

Bobby Crosby

VS LHP

Power = 68

Contact = 56

VS RHP

Power = 70

Contact = 84

he's hit 12 HR against LHP (only batting .226 against LHP)

he's hit 39 HR against RHP (batting .291)

so far he's played in 133 games

[align=center]Marco Scutaro Injured : Dislocated Finger[/align]

He's my #1 utility man. He takes his .350 average, 5 HR's and 17 rbi's to the DL

The time given for his injury was 11 days but i decided to go ahead and put him on the DL, to give Keith Ginter some time with the big league team. Keith Ginter will fill in some at 2nd base against LHP while scutaro is on the bench, and elsewhere if necessary

the AAA season is already over but for Sacramento (Oaklands AAA team), Ginter played 138 games producing a .331 average, 16 Homeruns, and 68 RBI's......Keith Ginter played 1st, 3rd, and DH'd in the minors

in 2005 he spent majority of the year on the DL after initially making the big league squad as a utility guy

power really doesn't have a whole lot to do with it IMO

griffey and chavez have more power but less homeruns....if i'm using a RH batter and the pitcher throws a fastball up and in I usually hit it out unless i'm expecting a cutter or 2 seam and it fools me

I hit pretty much every type of pitch out except for knuckleballs but i hit the 4 seam and 2 seam fastballs out the most consistently

it seems like with LH batters the easiest pitch to hit out is either a changeup or a 12-6 curveball

this is a continuance of my current season http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=18508

about a month left in the 2006 regular season

CURRENT ROSTER

CATCHERS

jason kendal

jorge reynolds (5 star prospect)

1ST BASEMEN

dan johnson (used primarily as DH)

nick swisher

2ND BASEMEN

eric izquierdo (top 2nd base prospect...starting all of 2006)

marco scutaro

SHORTSTOP

bobby crosby

3RD BASEMEN

eric chavez

keith ginter

LEFT FIELD

ken griffey jr

charles thomas (won the starting spot in RF)

CENTER FIELD

mark kotsay

RIGHT FIELD

jeremy hermidia (injured most of the year)

chris haney (4 star prospect, INJURED about 150 games of the season!)

STARTING ROTATION

barry zito

rich harden

dan meyer

chien meng wang (trade at 2006 deadline)

francisco liranio (free agent)

------------(also used as starters some)-------------

philip womack (top 100 - 3 star prospect)

jc piersoll (1st round 1st pick draftpick)

BULLPEN

jairo garcia

mike hawkins

kirk saarloos

brad halsey

brandon league

huston street

TOP PROSPECTS

SP - jason vargas (AAA)

SP - shawn castilla (AAA)

SP - rich hill (AAA)

SP - russel cho (AA)

RP - jason ginter

RP - chris ray

2 five star OF's

3B/1B - jean asadoorian (5 star)

1B - m.bautista (top 100 prospect)

VETERAN MINOR LEAGUE PLAYERS

2B - mark grudzilanek

SP - brett myers

SP - shawn chacon

OF - jason michaels

INJURIES

RF - chris haney out for the year

..some other small injuries but that's the only season ender

FREE AGENTS TO BE!!!!

(in parenthesis is current salary)

C - jason kendall (10 million)

RP - huston street (300k)

SP - dan meyer (500k)

RP - jario garcia (600k)

OF - charles thomas (500k)

SP - chien ming wang (400k)

LF - ken griffey jr (12.9 million)

C - jorge reynolds (300k)

1B/OF - nick swisher (500k)

RP - kirk saarloos (1.50 million)

2B - marco scutaro (400k)

CURRENT BUDGET

102 Million (will increase by about 10 Million for 2007

CURRENT PAYROLL

92.5 Million

PENALTIES

=================================

I may post updates on what I do when the time comes, who i sign, etc....If your bored and feel like reading all feel free to let me know what you'd do with the team...

I was thinking of trying to cut payroll even though I plan on resigning Griffey...I don't think I'll be making a bundle of trades or free agent signings as my team is pretty solid as it is

who would you resign for the 2007 season, should I let jason kendall walk? Jorge Reynolds had a good 2005 season as the backup but he's been horrible with the bat in 2006 backing him up

Merged this with your dynasty thread. No need to have another thread just for the offseason.

nobody would notice it in this thread as you can see by no replies....that's why i made it it's own

im just curious... don't you get bored running away with titles every year? I have friends who tell me about there seasons where their pitcher gets CY Young every year, and their hitter gets the Batting Title, there defenders get the Gold Glove, etc... and it just bores me to death to listen to them rant about it. Wouldn't you find it more fun to crank up the difficulty a bit, with sliders or what have you, so Zito isn't throwing an unrealistic .66 era at the all star break? Im just curious.

... in madden 06, i thought it would be fun to do a dynasty with the Texans, cause they suck. I just won the super bowl last weekend, for the first time, in the 11th season of my dynasty. It was the most satisfying feeling I've recieved from a sports video game dynasty.

im just curious... don't you get bored running away with titles every year? I have friends who tell me about there seasons where their pitcher gets CY Young every year, and their hitter gets the Batting Title, there defenders get the Gold Glove, etc... and it just bores me to death to listen to them rant about it. Wouldn't you find it more fun to crank up the difficulty a bit, with sliders or what have you, so Zito isn't throwing an unrealistic .66 era at the all star break? Im just curious.

... in madden 06, i thought it would be fun to do a dynasty with the Texans, cause they suck. I just won the super bowl last weekend, for the first time, in the 11th season of my dynasty. It was the most satisfying feeling I've recieved from a sports video game dynasty.

I'm just great with zito, i upped the CPU contact to 30 and CPU power to 25 after the all star break and zito is still around a .70 era and he still gets about a strikeout + 1/2 per inning

my games are usually competitive so yeah its fun

They will if your posting your updates.

as i said in the post, i was looking for peoples opinions since its not the new offseason, that's why i didn't want peoples opinions all over this thread....it's not about "updates" at this point with the offseason

I couldn't care less what you think of me. If you want to continue your dynasty and post it, here is the place to do it. Whether it be the season or offseason. If not, then so be it. But either way, this arguments over.

So back on topic, who do you hink your resigning for next season?

C - jason kendall (10 million)

RP - huston street (300k)

SP - dan meyer (500k)

RP - jario garcia (600k)

OF - charles thomas (500k)

SP - chien ming wang (400k)

LF - ken griffey jr (12.9 million)

C - jorge reynolds (300k)

1B/OF - nick swisher (500k)

RP - kirk saarloos (1.50 million)

2B - marco scutaro (400k)

I'll definetly sign Griffey, Meyer, Street, Garcia, and Reynolds

Jorge Reynolds doesn't seem to be good enough to catch everyday yet, so i'm tempted to resign kendall or go with a free agent for one year, but im not sure....he'll be crap defensively next year

Charles Thomas may have earned a starting spot in RF next year over my younger prospects, but i'll probably try and sign him as situational or backup

Nick Swisher I don't really need but I'm trying to keep the face of the real life Athletics in tact....I really don't hit well with him but he's good defensively at 1st base....don't really know there

Marco Scutaro I could maybe use as a utility guy again, but like I said i signed grudzilanek to a minor league contract last year and he hit 31 HR's in AAA! So i could maybe use that on the big league team as a UTIL guy

Saarloos has been very solid as a setup guy, but i go alot of young good RP's in the minors so IDK whether to sign saarloos to a lengthy contract or let him go for younger guys (even tho he'll only be 28 next season)

chien ming wang I would kinda like to keep, I might trade away Liriano to keep Wang....same problem that applies with saarloos tho, I have some good prospects that may be big league ready

BOBBY CROSBY INJURED FOR REST OF SEASON

He suffered a hernia covering 2nd with about 2 weeks left in the season

The best numbers in baseball! He had about 20 more HR's then Griffey and Chavez, and about 30 more RBI's then both of them

Bobby Crosby's 2006 Regular Season numbers

.273 average

53 HR's!!!

124 Rbi's!!!

94 Runs

6 SB's

(all career highs except for the average)

.922 OPS

Sadly he'll miss the remainder of the regular season, BUT he will be back by game 5 of the 1st round of the playoffs if i make it that far

8 GAMES LEFT IN THE SEASON

Just a few short goals i'm gonna try and accomplish in this stretch

Eric Chavez is 3 HR shy of a 40/40 Season

Mark Kotsay is 6 SB shy of 100 SB's

Ken Griffey is 6 HR and 8 SB shy of a 40/40 season (unlikely)

Barry Zito is 1 win shy of a 30 win season

Dan Meyer (rookie) is 1 win shy of a 20 win season

this would by my first 40/40 player if Chavez can hit 3 HR over the next 8 games

SEASON OVER, PLAYOFF TIME, END OF YEAR AWARDS

Barry Zito won MVP and Cy Young

Huston Street got the Rolaids Relief Man of the Year award with a league leading 45 saves

Jason Kendall, Eric Chavez, Bobby Crosby, Ken Griffey JR, Mark Kotsay all won Silver Sluggers

Eric Chavez and Griffey (LF) won Gold Gloves

• 1 month later...

I ended up winning the world series again.....so its time for the 2007 series, i'm already about two months into it but heres my current roste, i'm trying to keep the core together

BATTING LINEUP

CF - Mark Kotsay

SS - Bobby Crosby

LF - Ken Griffey JR

1B - C.A.P. (me, i'm as good as Pujols...made in the middle of 2006 season)

3B - Eric Chavez

DH - Dan Johnson

RF - Jeremy Hermidia (free agent signing)

C - Jorge Reynolds (free agent 5 star prospect...1st year replacing Kendall)

2B - Eric Izquierdo (prospect, 2nd year in bigs)

BENCH

Util - Marco Scutaro

C - Dioner Navarro

SS - Cesar Izturis

OF - Charles Thomas

OF/1B - Nick Swisher (he's on injured list)

STARTING ROTATION

Barry Zito

Rich Harden

Dan Meyer

Chien Ming Wang (trade)

J.C. Piersoll (2006 1st Round 1st Pick)

BULLPEN

Closer - Huston Street

Setup - Kirk Saarloos

RP - Jairo Garcia !!!!!!!!!!!(what is his real name????)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RP - Mike Hawkins (prospect been up all 3 years)

RP - Brad Halsey

RP - Brandon League (free agent)

RP - Macay McBride (free agent)

Archived