I just realized something

tebjr

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but I was coming home from work this afternoon and was listening to the A's/Giants game on my XM radio and I realized why I can't stand Mike Krukow. The A's brought in Chad Gaudin out of the 'pen and if I'm not mistaken, his name is pronounced "Gaw-din" Our buddy Krukow pronounces it "Go-Dan". Then, comes his shining moment of idiocy. Krukow, Kuiper, and Jon Miller were talking about some guy that they work with who had brought his dog down to spring training and had taken it out for a walk and got sprayed by a skunk. Then out of nowhere Krukow says, "Speaking of being sprayed by a skunk, that's ball four." What!! In no way, shape, or form does that make sense. What a moron.

Then, comes his shining moment of idiocy. Krukow, Kuiper, and Jon Miller were talking about some guy that they work with who had brought his dog down to spring training and had taken it out for a walk and got sprayed by a skunk. Then out of nowhere Krukow says, "Speaking of being sprayed by a skunk, that's ball four." What!! In no way, shape, or form does that make sense. What a moron.

I wish the games I listened to were that entertaining.

Here's a Yankee broadcast:

Sterling: ITS IS HIGH! IT IS FAR! IT IS... CAUGHT AT THE WALL!!! Two steps before the warning track, Delucci hauls it in. By the way, that was the fifteenth batter of the game, and you can save money on your auto insurance in 15 minutes or less by changing to Geico.

Most radio announcers are easy to complain about. The Mets and Devil Rays have good announcers though.

Sorry, Jerry Coleman and Ted Leitner rule all. And I hate Jon Miller - he's such a Giants homer, and he hates my Pads. :( Most national announcers hate west coast teams - or worse, just ignore them. Not cool.

One of my favorites has always been Jim Hunter of the Orioles. Growing up listening to games on the radio I would listen to O's games on the radio with his thrilling calls. That , plus the way he reports the results of minor league games. It's a pity they had to bring in Joe Angel...Hunter still does radio but mostly TV now. :(

Among my other favorite baseball radio networks involve the Yankees , Mets (Cohen is a great announcer...I hope he is still doing radio otherwise I refuse to listen) , Giants , and Dodgers (when Scully is doing the games)

One radio network I don't like is the Red Sox radio network. Castiglione is a poor announcer. Eventually the more I listen I will probably get used to his shrill voice but until then , :nay:

Two words; Vin Scully. No more need be said.

I'm a lifelong Angels fan (and I've been a Dodger hater even longer), but I have to agree on this one. I could listen to Vinny read the phone book and be totally sucked in.

And kgbaseball, you can get your fill of Matt Vasgersian. You just need to be playing MLB 06: The Show (he does the play-by-play).

Matt gets too excited sometimes, but he's OK. I don't see much of him, though, as I live about 5 minutes from the county line and don't get the Pads broadcasts. :( Vin is the man, he makes Dodger baseball tolerable.

Skip Carey stays sober most times, unlike his father.

Bless his soul, but Harry Carey really tested by patience when i had to listen to him. His voice bothered me, then he couldn't pronounce anybody's name correctly. But I will give it to him, he really loved the game.

I totally agree with you Kg. Uecker has got the be one of the funniest people on earth. I first remember him in Major League and have gotten a chance to listen to him quite frequently since then and there's nobody like him. A true joy to listen to.

Archived