The Best Dang Generic Face Pack Ever! By UncleMo

UncleMo

Early release since I want to clean up my desktop on my home PC and the final version of MVP 06 (I assume) is coming really soon. Please post constructive criticisms here. Unlike my audio mod I released the other day, I may be open to doing other versions of this mod. Maybe.

From the readme:

What is this:

The best generic face pack I have ever made hands down. It is so good that I'm about to delete all of my previous releases

and only use this pack. I call it the UROCK MOD. "Ultimate Rookie Options that Could Kill".

This mod will revamp your players that have generic faces so that when you draft rookies they will get different sets of

sunglasses randomly generated onto your players or black eye paint under their eyes dependent upon what facial hair you

choose or hair color. Hair style on top of their head does not matter in this mod.

Rookies may get drafted and end up having eye paint or sunglasses. If you don't like it,

simply change the players facial hair or hair color and the mod goes away. Not all rookies will

end up having sunglasses or eye paint, just some, depending upon what facial hair and hair color of that facial hair

the rookie has.

This can and is suggested to be installed AFTER you install the Facial Hair With Portraits mod

but if you never install that mod you may install this and it will be just fine. It is also highly suggested

that the beard mod be installed in conjuction with these two mods-WHY SO HIGHLY SUGGESTED? Only to give you a ton of variety, instead of half a ton is all.

Installation:

Take every file out of the zipped file you just downloaded, and put them somewhere on your desktop or in a

folder on your desktop. Now, open EAGE (EA GRAPH in other words) and use the import wizard button to import these files

into your models.big file. All of these files are already compressed, they are simply waiting for you to install them.

Questions: Why didn't you include an installer? Because I don't care to use them myself and using EAGE only takes about

30 seconds to use to install these files. Don't be lazy, get crazy and install this now!

Questions: Is this your final version? Yeah most likely unless there is something I feel that should be changed.

Special thanks to jogar84 who gave me permission to use any and all of his faces that I want to for any generic face pack

I feel that I want to release. I used his suglasses for this mod.

Special thanks to Filthy57 and biker_jim_uk who helped pushed me further into being able to do such a mod.

Changes:

Face 1 is the same default face only I changed the eye color.

Face two is the same Hank Blalock face only with a balder head and is edited to be better suited for this type of mod

Face 3 has diamond studded earrings with bright blue eyes as well.

Face 4 has scruff as if he hasn't shaved in a whole week

Face 5 is Tim Hudson without facial hair.

Face 6 is Shin-Soo Choo. This is the greatest asian generic face I've ever made. Attempts have been made to contact the

cyberface maker of Shin-Soo Choo so that I could have permission to use this face but the modder no longer frequents this

site I believe.

Face 7 is the same default face only I changed the eye color.

Face 8 is a hispanic face in which I put a gold necklace on him.

Face 9 is the same default face only I changed the eye color.

Face 10 is Julio Lugo that was made by another cyberface modder. The eye color is changed and instead of having a full

gotee I gave him stubble. Attempts have been made to contact the cyberface maker of Shin-Soo Choo so that I could have

permission to use this face but the modder no longer frequents this site I believe.

Face 11 has been previously released (Tony Clark)

Face 12 is some one on the D.Rays and is a face made another cyberface modder. The eye color is changed and instead of having a full

gotee I gave him stubble. Attempts have been made to contact the cyberface maker of Shin-Soo Choo so that I could have

permission to use this face but the modder no longer frequents this site I believe.

Face 13 is a face I previously released only now it has better eye color.

Face 14 has diamond studded earrings and is Delmon Young of the D. Rays. The hair is fixed also.

Face 15 is Carlos Hines of the D. Rays and has diamond studded ear rings and a silver necklace. *Bling-Bling* I did

remove Hines' hair under his bottom lip. This is the best face number 15 I have ever made.

Same way. That is the one drawback. If some player happens to be assigned a specific generic facial hair that I assigned to have sunglasses or eye paint to go with, then boom, he gets it too.

Example, Abraham Nunez has paint under his eyes since he has a bit of chin hair for a gotee.

EDIT:

If this is a deal breaker, simply choose to ONLY install the files included that are named thus:

g001.fsh

g002.gsh

g003.fsh

all the way up to

g015.fsh

and don't install the other files included.

Those are all the modified files?

I just need to know which facial hairs and hair styles you editted, and what they were editted to.

Yes, the facial hairs, not cyberface files.

All of the ones listed above were edited.

If it helps, goatf means full goatee. goath means half a goatee, while soulp means hair under the bottom of the players' lip. That little dot of hair some players may sport.

The sooner you tell me, the sooner I can release a new MVPedit config file that'd help us roster makers makre our roster work with your mod.

Any and all rosters work with this mod, FYI to all those who do not know this.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that this is showing up in Big Shmooz's uploaded models.big file, any comments, good/bad? I'm having modding withdrawals so send any suggestions or ideas my way in this thread.

The only thing I was thinking is to remove the diamond studded ear rings and gold/silver necklaces off of the generic cyberfaces and make them appear/disappear whenever you change the facial hair of a player.

Yes you are correct. It is scruff that was on the original cyberface. After reviewing all 900 cyberfaces in my models.big file, that face was the closest to the generic portrait that I could come up with. Sorry about that.

Uploaded: Version 1.1

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:17 am by UncleMo

-Newer sunglasses, one of them are Oakley.

-Some hair colors have the full gotee put back instead of the growing it out gotee I had.

-Some sunglasses moved to different hair colors.

I'm thinking about removing the ear rings and necklaces from generic face 3, 8, 14, and 15 and making those randomly put on generic faces dependent upon what facial hair they have. Not sure yet.

What I would suggest:

- Make necklaces, earings, and stuff separate add ons, not automatic.

- Assign unpopular hairstyles to be the 'mod'. Hairstyle 6 for example could be sunglasses, #7 could be earings and necklaces, etc. Something consistant for us roster makers in the future. :)

I'm meeting you half way. All except for where you said:"Assign unpopular hairstyles to be the 'mod'. Hairstyle 6 for example could be sunglasses, #7 could be earings and necklaces, etc. Something consistant for us roster makers in the future".

Thanks for the feedback.

Version 1.2 should be done in 1 week or less.

1.I'll edit the facial hair files appropriately

2.I'll then remove the automatic necklaces/ear rings so they be addons instead of automatic.

All except for where you said:"Assign unpopular hairstyles to be the 'mod'. Hairstyle 6 for example could be sunglasses, #7 could be earings and necklaces, etc.

I was meaning to pretty much have most faces 'plain' by default, and having only a few hair-styles/facial hair trigger the enhancement. This would allow one to select "sunglasses", "earings", or "necklace" right in MVPedit.

v1.2 to be released in 1-2 days.

Many changes.

The full gotee is either a full gotee or a full gotee where it is pencil thin around the upper lip.

The half gotee is new looking and very cool. Not all hair colors will have the new one.

All automatic ear rings and necklaces have been removed and will become an option.

Example: For the full bling package, you may choose the hair color 1 (black hair) where the hair is under the bottom lip and the player will get diamond studded ear rings with a silver chain.

Another change is if a player has red facial hair where the facial hair is under the bottom of the bottom lip, he gets green eyes.

Gold necklace will be an option.

I may consider less sunglasses if people feel that strongly about it, and in its place make there be more gold chain options. I'm still in between on this decision.

I am, however, leaning toward remove the glasses off of hair color 6 for the full gotee and maybe putting the full bling package on that or making that have eye paint. I'm not sure yet.

I think you're all going to love the new facial hairs and the green eyes on the red facial hair where the facial hair is under the bottom of the lip is going to be awesome.

version 1.2 uploaded.

The print screens look bad because my monitor is acting up so it will be a task trying to see which ones have neckalces or not. Just read the "history" when you go to download it and it will tell you waht changes have been made. That is it. I'm finito!

This new version looks really sweet. It's nice having the bling options on or off. I would still tone down the sunglasses a bit but either way this mod is a HUGE improvement over what EA gave us to start with. It's cool stumbling upon all the different combinations while playing different clubs. Keep it up Mo! :D

Archived