Voilà

Pirate

-Heard this one on Sesame Street one day as a kid: Big Bird: "There IS five red blocks in this box". (Cringe) "IS" in this case is singular! You cannot use that word to describe multiple items! The appropriate phrase would be "There ARE five red...."

:morons:

It's scary how a steroid-using bird, cookie-addicted "monster" and angry homeless guy are teaching the future of a nation how to talk, spell and use numbers.

Respect the grouch - realest dude on Sesame Street! :lol:

The one that irks me is when people say "I could care less" when they probably mean "I couldn't care less".

Yeah, I hate that one. Other ones that bother me are when people say "anyways," or "all the ways." I also hate it when people use "yous" instead of "all of you."

It's scary how a steroid-using bird, cookie-addicted "monster" and angry homeless guy are teaching the future of a nation how to talk, spell and use numbers.

Respect the grouch - realest dude on Sesame Street! :lol:

Nice one! That had me laughing for a little bit.

Have we talked about to/too/two/tu yet? Even if so, it bears (not bares) repeating.

Do not say:

The Yankee offense was to powerful.

I am going too the store.

Et two brute?

Or I will feel like ripping your heart out of your chest and throwing it against a brick wall. Sort of.

Also, if you're quoting people with quotation marks, make sure it's actually what they said. Everyone I work with is constantly writing (not righting) things like:

He came out of the bathroom, refusing to take a shower saying, "He was not going to take a shower."

--Eric

Have we talked about to/too/two/tu yet? Even if so, it bears (not bares) repeating.

Do not say:

The Yankee offense was to powerful.

I am going too the store.

Et two brute?

Or I will feel like ripping your heart out of your chest and throwing it against a brick wall. Sort of.

Also, if you're quoting people with quotation marks, make sure it's actually what they said. Everyone I work with is constantly writing (not righting) things like:

He came out of the bathroom, refusing to take a shower saying, "He was not going to take a shower."

--Eric

The old old me: cum on know astroerik know u r jus pointin out the obvious

Now the real Thug would say: Come on now AstroEric, now you are just pointing out the obvious.

Archived