Tech Help PLZ

The_Cards

I have a brand new HP notebook Pavilion dv4000 with Intel Pentium M Processor 1.73GHZ with 1014MB RAM with Direct X 9.0.

Can someone tell me if the game will work because i would rather buy MVP 05 for 20$ and have it brand new instead of spending 60 on 2k's new sh!t port

If you don't have a video card in the laptop, there would be no graphics. At all. Your screen would be useless.

However, I doubt that's the case, and you've probably got an onboard video card. Any decent system information tool should tell you which model you have.

Mark, he obviously does have a video card, he's just not technically savvy enough to know that it's integrated video. That probably will not run the game at peak levels, but if those stats are what the laptop came with, you never know. How you find your video specs is somewhere in the Control Panel, it's either in Display or System. I know you can find what the graphics card is in the Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager). Here's what mine looks like:

Yours will probably say something about integrated graphics like the one on mine does above the FX 5200. That's my integrated graphics card, and then I bought the 5200 as an upgrade to handle my games.

I looked up that laptop and the standard video card is the intel 900 here is a little overview if you want it Video Card Information

this looks to be a pretty avg card that you could run the game on, I would not go cranking up the details or resoulition on it you might see some issues then but i don't think there should be issues with you running it.

The_Cards,

44PigBun is right - you have the Intel 900. Not only is it the default graphic card in your Notebook, but, according to this, it's the only option available for the DV4000.

That being said, if you look at the System Requirements for MVP Baseball 2005, I think you'll see that they are very similiar to the System Requirements for MVP Baseball 2004.

As a result, it might benefit you to download the Demo file for MVP Baseball 2004. While it might not tell you exactly what you want to know, I think it'll be a very good starting point for what our computer can and/or cannot handle.

Plus, at the risk of spending $40.00 more, I'd probably give it a try and see if you can save some mula and play a far superior game! :wink:

Good Luck!

The blockiness could come from your video card or it could come from the game itself.

Unfortunately, though MVP Animatios are good and the overall graphics are nice, I still have to say that the graphics could be better. Of course, keeping in mind that this 2005 is over a year old and 2004 is a year older than that, I'm not too sure how much developers could have done with the technology at that time.

But, all that aside, be sure when you look at screenshots, they're PC screens and also that they're of live action. Anytime people take screens, they tend to use the Replay Option and make everything look great.

A pretty decent site for just PC shots is here.

when you get 2005 you can turn up the graphics in your options, I would try a few different setting to see what you can handle and how detailed you would like it, and if there is unstability you will know what your card can handle then. Good luck and welcome to the addiction that is MVP lol

Archived