Seattle Payroll Dump -

steroid

mastheadMedium.gif

Twins And Silva Salvage Series Win 5-4

Seattle WA. - It was a turn back the clock game that began with a bang and ended with a thud as the Twins were able to get one in the end. Minnesota may have won the battle, but Seattle is winning the war.

mvp20052006040300475590custom3.png

Carlos Silva (1-0 4.50) was able to locate some pitches and got out of some jams to pick up the win. Going 8 innings scattering 7 hits striking out a pair and walking 4 in the win. His only mistake was a 3-1 fastball that rose up in the strike zone to Elliott, who deposited it into the RF seats for a Grand Slam in the 4th to put the M's on top 4-3. Nathan pitched 2/3's of the 9th and picked up his 1st SV.

mvp20052006040300245026custom4.png

Elliot unloaded on one to right for a GS in the 5-4 loss to the Twins

Billy Wells had a great day striking out 11, but control was an issue for the young future star. A learning experience for the 20 year old Wells who pitched well, but gave up 4 runs and left the game tied in the 8th after going 7 1/3. He gave up 8 hits and walked a pair in the ND. He was relieved by Luis Vizcaino who got the groundball DP to bail Wells out of the jam. Matt Murphy (0-1 9.00) came in to pitch the 9th, and abruptly greeted with 3 straight singles capped off by a Hafner single scoring the eventual winning run.

mvp20052006040300203404custom0.png

This Mauer blast gave the Twins an early 3-0 lead

The Twins scored early on a 3 run HR by Mauer off of Wells. They would get an RBI single by Stewart in the 5th and Hafner in the 9th off of Murphy to get the game winning run. The M's take on Texas tomorrow for a start of a 3 game series with the Rangers.

mvp20052006040300274732custom4.png

One of 11 K's for Wells, This one was White taking a called 3rd strike

Games MVP's:

D.Elliott 2-4 HR(1) 4 RBI

T.Hafner 1-4 GW RBI

J.Mauer 2-5 HR(1) 3 RBI

Grovers Recap:

"Silva was really good today. He was able to pitch effectively to keep us off balance when he had to. Murphy made his pitches, but they hit him pretty good. It was my fault on the defensive side, because I didnt put the shift on Hafner when I should have. He is such a good hitter, and you have to take your hat off to him this time. They won, and we lost, simple as that."

Tomorrows Probables:

Texas: 1-2 Brian Anderson (0-0)

Seattle: 2-1 Frank Faron (0-0)

Hey, i can's see the first 3 pictures from your recent game u just posted? But, other than that great game report...

their up there.........lol maybe just didnt load correctly when you checked. Sometimes you have to refresh the thread.

We regret to tell you that some of your photos may have been deleted during the maintenance period. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You see what I have to put up with? I knew something was going on, because it was taking to long to fix things. This is really not cool guys. Im just a bit preturbed by it and Im starting to get really P.O.'d I dont have copies of these pics I had. I really dont want to do this over again, but give me a day to get it done. Maybe I can turn a negative into a positive.

Archived