Pick My Vacation.

UncleMo

I need/want a vacation. It must be in the U.S. for me and my wife (5 year honeymoon, not anniversary, 5 year honeymoon) :o)

I want to see something that I've never seen before. (like when I went to China and saw the great wall and all of that).

It must not be Disneyland/world.

It must not be "outdoorsy".

I don't want to see something like the Grand Canyon where you go there, see it, and the go, ok, what now???

It doesn't HAVE to be the beach but I'll settle for that.

Any suggestions?

Please, only post helpful posts. Thanks for any help.

Hershey Pennsylvania. Just because I love that place.

Or...

Go to Alaska, not a lame *** cruise, rent a car, drive everywhere, drive through the Daulton Highway and see the beautiful 'ANWAR' that everyone is against drilling. (Other than lichen and the occasional animal migration, nothing is up there, sorry.)

Around Anchorage AK is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Plus during the summer the temperature is at a dry low 70s. It's pretty nice.

I'm in college studying to become a Travel Consultant.

I must say that I like all the ideas so far but I'd put my money in Alaska. The nature is absolutely amazing up there during the summer. You should check out the DVD "Live in Alaska" with the Goo Goo Dolls. The footage makes you wanna go to Alaska in a heartbeat.

( http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...325886390&BAB=E )

How long do you have for your vacation? My fiancee and I have exactly a week before the summer session at our university starts, thus the nearby and simple cruise. The Grand Canyon's more than going and looking at it. If you go there, you should hike the base of the canyon.

Use Google Earth's tilt option to explore the 3-D version of the canyon. It's fun.

I have to agree with SS and Totte. I lived in Anchorage for a couple years because of the military, and let me just say it was amazing. And I'm not sure how long you are looking to take for a vacation, but during the Summer's they used to have cruises of the Kenai Penninsula and that too was amazing, also if I'm not mistaken, I think you departed right out of Anchorage as well. Kind of hard to remember though since this was back in 1994 and it's now 2006. However, where ever you decide to go, just make sure it's something that you can have some memories of.

thanks man.

I honestly wanna go to DC

Boston (just to go to a bosox yankees game, I've never done that)

Or go to Cancun/Bahamas and never come back.

Probably 1 week of a vacation. Time doesn't matter much.

Totte, thanks man.

We did a cruise to to Alaska (Vancouver, B.C., up along the Inner Passage and ending in Seward, Alaska) and it definitely wasn't "lame ass". We saw plenty of wildlife while on the ship and on the shore excursions, and one of the coolest things we saw was Glacier National Park, where the ice was actually blue and you could see and hear large chunks of it falling off. There's no way you'd get that view except from a ship.

I've also been to the Grand Canyon and it too was amazing. Seeing things like Glacier National Park and the Grand Canyon put a lot of things in perspective, and make you realize how truly small and insignificant you are in relation to the universe.

Hawaii is another great (and beautiful) destination, however, you really need more than a week, because it will take you a few days to get used to the 6 hour time difference.

A Red Sox / Yankees game is a true experience. I saw the Yankees take on the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium on Sept. 8, 2001, three days before the 9-11 attacks.

I honestly wanna go to DC

DC is awesome too, especially the Smithsonian museums. If you are going to stay anywhere though, stay at the Mariott at 'Crystal City' Virginia, it's right at a metro stop. You need no car in DC, the metro system is so easy "even a caveman could do it". DC is so not "lame ***". :lol:

DC is awesome too, especially the Smithsonian museums. If you are going to stay anywhere though, stay at the Mariott at 'Crystal City' Virginia, it's right at a metro stop. You need no car in DC, the metro system is so easy "even a caveman could do it". DC is so not "lame ***". :lol:

Thanks for the tip :wink:

I learned how to body surf in the Dominican last year. But that is out of the US. I would vote for Alaska, but I love the outdoors and camping. National Parks are always fun, but if you don't like hiking don't ruin the air with your polluting car and stay away. You can't see it from a car you need to get out. So with that said go to DC. Sounds like your a metropolis kind of guy. There is some cool history there. Boston is similar.

Hey, whats goin on man. You should come to my home state MAINE. You will love the "Lobstah" and/or clams. Up here is also we also produce blueberries...the most in the U.S. Too bad there not much to do up here besides camping...lol. Since u said nothin oudorsey i would say goin on a cruise. It is very nice. I last year went out to the caribbean. It was nice. I went to a town called Hell. So ya, ive been to Hell. Wonderful time. You should seriousley think about it.

Come on over to San Diego, CA. Head east and you can go skiing/snowboarding in the mountains, head west to the beaches for surfing and sun. We've got great weather and the world famous San Diego Zoo and Sea World. You can also catch a Padres game.

This message brought to you by the San Diego Tourism Council.:wink:

Come on over to San Diego, CA. Head east and you can go skiing/snowboarding in the mountains, head west to the beaches for surfing and sun. We've got great weather and the world famous San Diego Zoo and Sea World. You can also catch a Padres game.

This message brought to you by the San Diego Tourism Council.:wink:

Well if its in the summer time, there's no snow in Southern California, that I know of anyway, I dont even know if Mammoth has it in the summer...but San Diego is nice because it isnt 90 billion degrees

Laughin Nevada man. My wife and I went last year. It's like a mini vegas (about 8 hotels) but the people are great and you dont have to spend a fortune. The other nice thing is that its right on the Nevada/California/Arizona border so you can go anywhere (we hit the grand canyon) and a lot of affordable golf in the area if that interests you.

It's also right on the Colorado River and it looks really nice. We stayed at the River Palms, and would have gone back this year if I hadn't gotten my wife pregnant! LOL

I highly recommend Laughlin bottom line. Very nice people there.

Uncle Mo,

How bout Clearwater Fl. - great beaches - great scenery and good food.

Haul over to Tropicana and watch the D-Rays. Everybody should see this dome and see what a facility SHOULDN'T look like to house a major league ball club.

If you get bored with that drive on up to Pasco county where the clothing optional communities are at. Some students from USF are staging a strip poker tournament at one of the nude sites.

If that's not your bag head up to Hernando county and go paragliding.

You and your wife golf?

Archived