Moving Marlins to Vegas

Mav3rek

Ok, it's official. I've decided to move the Marlins to Vegas, and start up a season as them. I'm going to make my own customer uni's for them to use, and will be making a stadium as well. The Uni's won't take nearly as long as the stadium, so i'll start a dynasty and just use a generic stadium or something to start with. But what I need help with is a nickname for this new Marlins franchise I'll start. Right now all I have is Las Vegas.....I was considering a name like the Gamblers, or High Rollers, but those just don't sound like a professional MLB team. So any ideas for nicknames would be great. Also maybe a color scheme or 2 for the jerseys would be a good suggestion. Right now I'm thinking powder blue/white/and some other 3rd color, maybe black. I'm just not sure. Just let me know your suggestions! Thanks!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, it's official. I've decided to move the Marlins to Vegas, and start up a season as them. I'm going to make my own customer uni's for them to use, and will be making a stadium as well. The Uni's won't take nearly as long as the stadium, so i'll start a dynasty and just use a generic stadium or something to start with. But what I need help with is a nickname for this new Marlins franchise I'll start. Right now all I have is Las Vegas.....I was considering a name like the Gamblers, or High Rollers, but those just don't sound like a professional MLB team. So any ideas for nicknames would be great. Also maybe a color scheme or 2 for the jerseys would be a good suggestion. Right now I'm thinking powder blue/white/and some other 3rd color, maybe black. I'm just not sure. Just let me know your suggestions! Thanks!

How about uploading your finished product for others to enjoy. Please.

And if anyone jumps the gun by making a San Antonio version of the same, please upload. Many thanks.

... I was considering a name like the Gamblers, or High Rollers, but those just don't sound like a professional MLB team. So any ideas for nicknames would be great. Also maybe a color scheme or 2 for the jerseys would be a good suggestion. Right now I'm thinking powder blue/white/and some other 3rd color, maybe black. I'm just not sure. Just let me know your suggestions! Thanks!

nicknames: bandits (?)

colors: what colors are on the nevada state flag? maybe you should use those

Re: San Antonio:

"State Animal: Nine-Banded Armadillo --

State Reptile: Texas Horned Lizard-

State Mammal: Mexican Free-Tailed Bat-

State Amphibian: None

State Mammal: Longhorn -

State Insect: Monarch Butterfly ---

State Dog: Blue Lacy -

State Fish: Guadalupe Bass -

State Bird: Mockingbird---- "

I had planned on posting the uni's once I finished them, I'm pretty much set on having powder blue as the base color (somewhat like the Chargers Retro, and the Nuggets). I'll try to finish just a template of them to kinda give you guys an idea of what i'm thinking about. I'll not really sold on the whole big horns nickname, but for now I'll at least use the Fordham logo on the jerseys/hats. Hopefully I can get them done today while on my my break from work, but if not i'll try to finish them tonight when I get back. On a seperate note, has anyone ever tried to mod the uni's to match the teams coresponding football team ( I.E. Rockies jerseys mimick the Broncos??) I was looking at my ESPN magazine and saw a Broncos Jersey and thought it might look decent as a baseball one, except the numbers on the front would have to be sized down a bunch....just curious....THANKS!

It's big Horns not long horns and my San Antonio team name would be the Stallions.

Ah Cool. A Big Horn Ram would be a good logo, so would a Denver Bronco type Stallion. Think of a Big Horn Ram mascot patrolling the sidelines and stands :p

I dunno, maybe I am too partial to the Vegas lifestyle for a name but my ideas for a Vegas team/colors have always been:

Las Vegas Aces

Las Vegas Blackjacks

Las Vegas Cutters

Las Vegas Kings

Las Vegas Outlaws/z

with a color scheme of mainly Red/Black

^Putting that aside, I think the color scheme will work out ok. But I agree with Mo, that logo just isn't doing anything for me... seems kind of disproportionate for a baseball team logo.

well yeah I agree with you there, but it would be smaller, I can do that no problem. But it just doesn't seem to be "basebally" enough for me, so I don't know, but it's just an idea to at least get some colors going.

By the way, the pants are near completion, I've decided to keep them white with the powder blue as the belt and sock color. Here is the high sock pants, but the belt color may change b/c if the jerseys are going to be powder blue then the belt may end up just looking stupid... but anyway here's the pants...let me know what you think...

137892755.jpg

Well I've decided to switch up the colors a bit b/c when I kept creating uni's they always reminded me of the current marlins teal uni's, which I want to get as far away from as possible. So I've darkened the color a bit and finished the front of one of the jerseys. Let me know what you think. But keep this in mind, I'm still not finished with it, it's only a rough draft. Also the dice might not be the logo, but it's just something the take up space so you guys can kinds of get an idea of what i'm thinking!

137979827.jpg

Archived