Moving Marlins to Vegas

Mav3rek

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here's one last taste of the Vegas uni's before I head to work. The jersey part of it is done, everything is as it will be except for the hat, and the only thing that will change on it will be a logo added to it.

This jersey will either be the main home uni, or the alternate/spring training jersey.

These are the only pants I have compelted at this time (the high sock pants)

Let me know what you think of them guys!!!!

138803068.jpg

I dn i like the "Vegas" design up above alot but theres so many blue teams....id make em like say black and gold or black, red, and gold trim

the point of not having a gambling name is more realism because i doubt mlb would have that. but if ur want it no biggie cuz its just a game.

id go with a mascot such as coyotes or something deserty or go with a somewhat mythical name like the Giants are. Vegas Warriors or something.

just ramblings but I somewhat think you should change colors and logos but keep em the marlins because in sports the coolest teams are the ones that have weird names that dont mean anything to the city...Utah Jazz moved from new orleans ( i think), athletics from phillie to kc to oakland, braves from boston to mil to atl, giants from ny and dodgers from ny....etc. would these be as great of teams if they were the LA Stars or SF Fishermen? kinda weird but food for thought.

I dn i like the "Vegas" design up above alot but theres so many blue teams....id make em like say black and gold or black, red, and gold trim

the point of not having a gambling name is more realism because i doubt mlb would have that. but if ur want it no biggie cuz its just a game.

id go with a mascot such as coyotes or something deserty or go with a somewhat mythical name like the Giants are. Vegas Warriors or something.

just ramblings but I somewhat think you should change colors and logos but keep em the marlins because in sports the coolest teams are the ones that have weird names that dont mean anything to the city...Utah Jazz moved from new orleans ( i think), athletics from phillie to kc to oakland, braves from boston to mil to atl, giants from ny and dodgers from ny....etc. would these be as great of teams if they were the LA Stars or SF Fishermen? kinda weird but food for thought.

Ok, I'll switch them up a little bit when I get home from work today and post a pic of them in action to see what you think.

biker_jim -- thanks for the info, I'll download it and test it out as well

AstroEric -- Those jerseys look nice, did you ever complete them? Also, it seems like you have every card but a heart, any particular reason why?

Yeah I know about the brewers and whatnot, but no one has ever been banned from the league for being an alocoholic. If there was a team in Vegas and they were centered around gambling, it would kinda be like MLB was saying it's ok to gamble on baseball. I just don't think it would fly with good 'ol Bud.

Yeah I know about the brewers and whatnot, but no one has ever been banned from the league for being an alocoholic. If there was a team in Vegas and they were centered around gambling, it would kinda be like MLB was saying it's ok to gamble on baseball. I just don't think it would fly with good 'ol Bud.

They did remove Bernies beer stein and house, because it was over the top!

Good ole Mavericks what happened to them I have some old minor league cards that feature the Mavs.

I had this really long reply typed out for you with some graphic ideas, but anyways, the summary:

Go with something simple. The best baseball logos of all time are simple stuff, simple mascots. Some of the dumbest are the recent 'thinking too hard' ones. Diamondbacks, Devil Rays, Rockies...blah.

My idea was the (Las) Vegas Silver Sox. Las Vegas and Nevada for that matter before the gambling, prositution and whatnot was a hotbed for silver and gold mining. Lincoln's quick admission of Nevada to the Union had this partly in mind.

Go with Silver pinstripes, not overtly silver but pretty close. Keep the numbers and logos simple, taking cues from other teams.

Anyways, that's my .02.

Archived