.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

Mo:

The thought is this: Start a season, export your dat files. Sim the season, save. You're done with 2005. Import the dats you exported with the 2005 stats, as if your sim never happened. Have the 2006 schedule as the next in line.

Start 2006 with the 2006 schedule and the correct 2005 stats.

What more can we ask for?

--Eric

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AstroEric,

I feel like a moron because I read Mo's question, skipped over your response, and then added my comment. That is a great idea though.

One more question, and if you've answered this already I will really feel like an idiot, but do you think player aging will be an issue. I don't think so, since it works off of a birthdate and not a numbered age. If we start up a season and export, then sim a season and import with the correct 2005 stats, and then start at 2006, do you think the players will age correctly? Also, I am assuming we should also sim the offseason prior to 2006 and wipe that away when we add in our corrected rosters.

JS: No worries. I meant everything sort of tongue-in-cheek.

I think the theory I passed on, which is actually Kraw's, is still dependent on Ty getting the roster.dat and happiness stuff cracked.

And the birthdates should still be good, methinks. Lemme ask my associates at Total-Classics.

--Eric

JS: No worries. I meant everything sort of tongue-in-cheek.

I think the theory I passed on, which is actually Kraw's, is still dependent on Ty getting the roster.dat and happiness stuff cracked.

And the birthdates should still be good, methinks. Lemme ask my associates at Total-Classics.

--Eric

Doesn't the roster.dat file export and import correctly? I haven't heard anything about any errors yet.

The birthdates should be correct. (As long as they were not changed from what they were in the unmodded attrib.dat)

Actually, I think Kraw got at least part of the idea from me. This is what I wrote him about a week ago:

Here's an idea: When my programs are done, we can just sim the 2005 season. Then on the first day of the 2006 season import the .dat files for the 2006 season. Then save the game.

Well that all sounds great. Ty, I haven't messed around with the program more than a little. Was going to wait for a more final version and then start a dynasty in earnest.

Or...do what I'm supposed to do and write my final papers for the semester and start helping 100% with my wedding.

--Eric

tywiggins...

I tried out the roster.dat

I made a trade of two pitchers, and they came up just fine on their new teams. I played a game of the dynasty just fine. Then I simmed about 5 games, and during the simming it crashed.

What I did was export the files using your program. I then took the files your program does not create from my current game (which hadn't crashed before). I pulled them into MVPEDIT, made the player trade, and imported back in. Like I said, the players traded just fine, but then the crash came. It could have been anything, but I figured I would let you know to see if you are having similar issues.

One thing that I didn't mention is that you probably should be really careful when you edit the roster.dat file. The importer is really picky.

Here are some rules to follow for all teams.

1. Make sure that all 5 of your starting pitching slots are filled.

2. Make sure that you don't have more than 3 Long relievers.

3. Make sure that you don't have more than 4 Middle relievers.

4. Make sure that you don't have more than 2 Set Up men.

5. Make sure that you have someone in the closer slot.

6. Make sure that your lineups are filled correctly.

7. Make sure that you have no more than 25 players on a team.

MVPEdit's Tools->Check Errors will check for most of these, except for #2, #3, #4

I made an interesting discovery this morning. I modified the schedule so that each team only had 1 game. I simmed this game. Then I copied 2005's mlb team stats into the appropriate place. This resulted in every team having 162 games played. I could then advance to the playoffs. (I then simmed the playoffs, and my team won the world series) So, in short, we can have shortened seasons, but each teams (Wins + Losses) must equal 162.

After this success I modified the schedule so that it had no games. This crashed the game. Then I modified the schedule so that it had only the All-Star Game, which worked.

The one thing I am wondering if it's possible? is to set the pitchers fatigue recovery on off days. for example I was thinking all pitchers regain 20 stamina points every day. That should make recovery a lot more realistic.

The one thing I am wondering if it's possible? is to set the pitchers fatigue recovery on off days. for example I was thinking all pitchers regain 20 stamina points every day. That should make recovery a lot more realistic.

That's probably not possible.

Guest JWClubbie

Ty,

Can you please give some instructions on how to use this mod. Thanks alot. How do I export etc. my dynasty file and use your mod.

Thanks a mill

Guest JWClubbie

I od not understand the read-me. Could you explain a little more in depth. I would really appreciate it.

First if you don't have .NET Framework installed, install it first. .NET Framework 2.0

1. Run MVP Baseball 2005 on your computer.

2. Load a saved game or start a new dynasty.

3. Hold Control, then press Escape

4. Run my MVP2005Exporter program to export the .dat files into the current directory.

5. Edit the .dat files with notepad.(Or MVPEdit if you include a copy of the missing .dat files from the EASPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder)

6. Run my MVP2005Importer program to import the edited .dat files(They need to be in the same directory as the MVP2005Importer program)

7. Any changes you make should be reflected in the game.

Guest JWClubbie

Well I am going to the desktop, double clicking the exporter and geting an error, what am i doing wrong?

Guest JWClubbie

This application has failed to start beacause the app config is incorrect. reinstalling etc.

This is what I am doing. Starting the game. I have all three of your prgograms on the desktop. I load my save file for my dynasty. I go back to the desktop, double click your exporter. I get the error message.

Archived