.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the help before.

I was also curious if there is a file that relates to the draft pool of players. If so, with the awesome roster mod guys here, we could conceivably have an accurate draft pool of say the top 300 college and high school prospects. That would be awesome.

I'll look into that sometime.

I have succeeded in creating a dynasty save that seems to work with UR 6.4 and the updated models.big. I exported the files into MVP like normal and started a dynasty. I exported using the exporter tool at the start of the season. I simulated a full season and then imported at the beginning of the 2nd year (2006). I updated the schedule for the second year to match 2006. I haven't updated the DL, but if anyone wants this file i'd be happy to upload it.

dwd...I would love to see that file and is there a way I can pick which team I want to control? Wow you are a beast.

Have you tried my MVP2005TeamChanger program. I've included it with my importer and exporter for a few weeks now.

You may just want to update player contracts (unless 6.4 has already done that). For example, Carlos Beltran shows 7 years remaining, even though at the start of '06 it is really 6 years. Some players are correct (anyone who signed their contract this offseason), but others are incorrect. Just a thought.

I have succeeded in creating a dynasty save that seems to work with UR 6.4 and the updated models.big. I exported the files into MVP like normal and started a dynasty. I exported using the exporter tool at the start of the season. I simulated a full season and then imported at the beginning of the 2nd year (2006). I updated the schedule for the second year to match 2006. I haven't updated the DL, but if anyone wants this file i'd be happy to upload it.

The only thing wrong with it would probably be the players stats history. This information is in the hist.dat file, which I haven't done yet.

The career totals are actually correct. I haven't looked at the year by year. Ty, you rock dude. Now, I can finally start a dynasty for real. Thanks bud.

Yeah, the career totals will be correct because I import the careerp.dat and the career.dat files. The year by year stats will probably be wrong for either 2005 or 2006(or both, I'm not sure)

This is an awesome mod! Props to you!

One thing i am wondering though is about career stats. when i import into the 2006 season, the stats in the career file show the simulated stats for 2005 and not the correct stats. Is this fixable or not?

Thanks!

This is an awesome mod! Props to you!

One thing i am wondering though is about career stats. when i import into the 2006 season, the stats in the career file show the simulated stats for 2005 and not the correct stats. Is this fixable or not?

Thanks!

The career totals should be correct, but the year by year career stats will be off. I'm working on it.

dwd

any insight on how you updated the schedule for 2006 after you had already started the dynasty?

Thanks

dwd

any insight on how you updated the schedule for 2006 after you had already started the dynasty?

Thanks

I believe that MVP Baseball reads the schedules inside the schedule.big file at the beginning of a new season. So you would need to edit the schedules before you start the 2006 season. The 2006 schedule is the mlb162_2.dat file inside the schedule.big file. Use bigGUI to extract and import from the schedule.big file.

Has anyone ever noticed that hitting stats for minor league pitchers are not kept (in MVP Baseball)? Also, the year-by-year hitting stats for all pitchers are not kept.

I hadn't noticed either of these, until I was unable to find where the year-by-year hitting stats for pitchers while trying to figure out how the "in-memory" version of hist.dat

I knew that minor league hitting stats and pitching stats were kept in the "in-memory" version of hist.dat, but I didn't realize that hitting stats for pitchers were not kept there.

Also, does anyone ever look at words like "kept" and think that they are not spelled correctly?

Archived