.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

Has anyone ever noticed that hitting stats for minor league pitchers are not kept (in MVP Baseball)? Also, the year-by-year hitting stats for all pitchers are not kept.

I hadn't noticed either of these, until I was unable to find where the year-by-year hitting stats for pitchers while trying to figure out how the "in-memory" version of hist.dat

I knew that minor league hitting stats and pitching stats were kept in the "in-memory" version of hist.dat, but I didn't realize that hitting stats for pitchers were not kept there.

Here is a follow-up to what I said earlier in the quote. (It feels kind of weird quoting myself :) )

I have found a pitcher's batting stats (Paul Quantrill)in the "in-memory" version of hist.dat, but it is not in the index, so they are basically wasting space. I also used MVPEdit to remove Paul Quantrill's 2006 batting stats from the hist.dat file. I then started a new dynasty with the new hist.dat file. I then checked the memory to see if he has any 2006 batting stats. He didn't so I went back to MVP Baseball and signed him to my MLB team.(He was a free agent). I then had him start my season opener to make sure he got some AB's quickly. I then checked the memory again. He still did not have any 2006 batting stats in the hist.dat. But he did have a new entry in his pitching stats for 2006.

Since the year-by-year batting stats for pitchers are not in the index, and the game doesn't add to the year-by-year batting stats for pitchers, my guess is that the original year-by-year batting stats for pitchers will stay with you throughout your dynasty. Even after the pitchers would be long dead.

I haven't checked this, but I'm pretty sure that when a player retires that their year-by-year stats would be erased to make room for the new players. But the pitchers batting stats are not in the index, so they couldn't be easily erased.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this program allows you to put people on the DL, but can I heal injuries with this mod?

Thanks,

Pat

Yes. It's actually pretty easy. Run the exporter. Open extra.dat with notepad. Find the player you want to miraculously heal. Then change "4 xx," to "4 0," and "5 xxx," to "5 0,". Where xx is the player's current injury number and xxx is the player's injury days left. Then save the file. Then run the importer.

Ty,

I successfully healed Jason Bay in my dynasty per your instructions above. However, when I removed him from the DL (by changing line 6 to -1), he was placed in free agent pool. I had thought he had just disappeared, at first. Fortunatly, I was able to re-sign him for 3 years, but at least I didn't lose him, one of the Pirates best players. Where did I go wrong when removing him from DL, or didn't I?

Thanks,

Pat

When a player is on the DL, they aren't on the team's roster. When you take them off the DL as you did, they essentially don't have a team any more, so would become a free agent.

Here are a couple of things you could do.

1. Instead of taking him off of the DL, subtract 60 from the DL day. Then save the file, then run the importer. He should come off of the DL after the next day.

2. Take him off of the DL like you did, then use MVPEdit to import the .dat files that my program exported, and make the roster changes for your team(You will need to move the player that you took off of the DL from the Free Agents to one of your teams.) Now do Tools-->Check Errors in MVPEdit, if there are no errors, then export .dat files from MVPEdit to the directory with my importer. Then run the importer.

Option 1 is certainly less complicated.

I've emailed the author of MVPEdit about supporting the extra.dat file in MVPEdit, but he hasn't really given me an answer yet. He seems pretty busy.

Thanks Ty, I'll give those a try. Also, after I re-signed Bay (since he was the player in question taken off DL), I started a game and it crashed to desktop. So I had to redo my changes to heal him, but then upon trying to re-sign him MVP crashed again. I've not had many problems crashing before, wondering if you had any idea if you might have any insight. Thanks for a great utilty and help.

Pat

Here's what's happening in my scenario...

I downloaded the file from Total-Classics that starts the dynasty for 2006 as the first year ( I don't know how they did this, but it would fit the bill if it used Ultimate Rosters with updated cyberfaces). I load this dynasty and then I export using your program after alt-tab. I then take Ultimate Rosters 6.4 and import it with MVPEdit to the same folder as your program is (the exported files from memory are then replaced). I then import back into the game using your program. I then check to see if the changes were made in MVP by alt-tab back into the game and going to edit player and sure enough the cyberfaces are updated. But, when I try to play the first game of the season (after the stadium screen) the game crashes. I know there could probabaly be a hundred different reasons why this happens, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway ;-)

Thanks Ty, I'll give those a try. Also, after I re-signed Bay (since he was the player in question taken off DL), I started a game and it crashed to desktop. So I had to redo my changes to heal him, but then upon trying to re-sign him MVP crashed again. I've not had many problems crashing before, wondering if you had any idea if you might have any insight. Thanks for a great utilty and help.

Pat

I would suggest importing the exported .dat files into MVPEdit and doing Tools-->Check Errors . If any of the starting lineups are incomplete, it could make the game crash.

Here's what's happening in my scenario...

I downloaded the file from Total-Classics that starts the dynasty for 2006 as the first year ( I don't know how they did this, but it would fit the bill if it used Ultimate Rosters with updated cyberfaces). I load this dynasty and then I export using your program after alt-tab. I then take Ultimate Rosters 6.4 and import it with MVPEdit to the same folder as your program is (the exported files from memory are then replaced). I then import back into the game using your program. I then check to see if the changes were made in MVP by alt-tab back into the game and going to edit player and sure enough the cyberfaces are updated. But, when I try to play the first game of the season (after the stadium screen) the game crashes. I know there could probabaly be a hundred different reasons why this happens, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway ;-)

I'll try to do what you did and see what happens.

dochase,

Are you using the MVP06 Mod? And are you using the Plus or Standard edition of Ultimate Rosters 6.4. If you're using the MVP06 Mod (or are using Big Shmooz's models.big file), then you need to use the Plus edition of Ultimate Rosters 6.4. Otherwise you should use the Standard edition of Ultimate Rosters 6.4.

If you use the wrong version, it could cause the game to crash.

I'll go ahead and test Ultimate Rosters 6.4 Plus with the MVP06 Mod, and do what you did, and see if it will crash the game or not.

MVP 06 Mod and UR 6.4 Plus w/ Shmooz Models.big

I just tested it and the game crashed like you said. One thing I noticed was that some of the pitchers had messed up ratings(after I imported). For example, Aaron Harang with the Reds. I'll look into it further.

Okay, I've got a problem. I exported the data files, "updated" them with Ultimate Roster 6.4 (I Believe.. the latest anyway). And now when I go back to the game, it crashes to desktop. I thought this thing doesn't mess with like the models and cyberfaces and what not. How come this happens? Are the IDs wrong or something? How do I fix it??? AHHH

I'm havbing problems.

I import everything from UR in the 2006 season. But my records from my simmed 2005 season carry over and it is part of the 2006 records. So I start the season 13 games back of the Cardinals for first place lol. Any ideas?

I'm havbing problems.

I import everything from UR in the 2006 season. But my records from my simmed 2005 season carry over and it is part of the 2006 records. So I start the season 13 games back of the Cardinals for first place lol. Any ideas?

Before you import rename tstats.dat to ly-tstats.dat. Also put an ly- in front of all of the other stats files.

(This will be changed for the next version so that the tstats.dat will be last years stats, and cy-tstats.dat will be the current years stats.)

Okay, I've got a problem. I exported the data files, "updated" them with Ultimate Roster 6.4 (I Believe.. the latest anyway). And now when I go back to the game, it crashes to desktop. I thought this thing doesn't mess with like the models and cyberfaces and what not. How come this happens? Are the IDs wrong or something? How do I fix it??? AHHH

I'm looking into it.

Before you import rename tstats.dat to ly-tstats.dat. Also put an ly- in front of all of the other stats files.

(This will be changed for the next version so that the tstats.dat will be last years stats, and cy-tstats.dat will be the current years stats.)

Hmm I just tried that and I tried importing during the spring training 2006 and it crashed my game. When is the best time to import?

Nevermind I figured it out.

Now I amt rying to edit my .dat files I exported in MVPEdit and I am getting a run time error.

If you're getting the run time error "file not found", you need to put the org.dat and manager.dat in the same folder with the other .dat files.

Okay that fixed that.

Thanks for being so helpful.

One last thing:

I am starting my 2006 season. I go to export my files so I can put some guys on the DL...and now the exporter doesn't work for me. LOL. I dont knwo why.

Okay that fixed that.

Thanks for being so helpful.

One last thing:

I am starting my 2006 season. I go to export my files so I can put some guys on the DL...and now the exporter doesn't work for me. LOL. I dont knwo why.

What exactly happens, do you get an error, or does it not run at all?

Okay for those of you having trouble importing ultimate rosters 6.4 (or any other rosters), try this:

1. Put the .dat files from the rosters into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the files that you need.

4. Now if you want to load a saved game or sim the entire season, or whatever do it now.

5. Then run the importer.

This seems to work so much better than just importing the .dat files from the rosters.

Okay for those of you having trouble importing ultimate rosters 6.4 (or any other rosters), try this:

1. Put the .dat files from the rosters into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the files that you need.

4. Now if you want to load a saved game or sim the entire season, or whatever do it now.

5. Then run the importer.

This seems to work so much better than just importing the .dat files from the rosters.

Hey Ty

This isn't the solution to my post earlier though, right? In my scenario, everything was contained in a dynasty .sav file that I downloaded form the other site. The reason I prefer this file to start the season is because it starts @ 2006 as the first season with all scheduling correct and last years stats are accurate. The thing I don't like about it is that it uses generic faces for those that weren't included in the game (unlike UR)

D

I would suggest importing the exported .dat files into MVPEdit and doing Tools-->Check Errors . If any of the starting lineups are incomplete, it could make the game crash.

OK, when I try and import the .dat files into MVPedit I get a run-time error '53' file not found. Any idea where to go from here.

Thanks,

Pat

Archived