.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

pf...I found that the reason you get the run time error is because you are missing the org.dat and manager.dat...so copy those from your main database folder to where you exported your files and then run Mvpedit....hope that works for you.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ty

This isn't the solution to my post earlier though, right? In my scenario, everything was contained in a dynasty .sav file that I downloaded form the other site. The reason I prefer this file to start the season is because it starts @ 2006 as the first season with all scheduling correct and last years stats are accurate. The thing I don't like about it is that it uses generic faces for those that weren't included in the game (unlike UR)

D

Actually, it was meant for you as well.

Actually, it was meant for you as well.

The only difference here is that the 2005 stats are weird. They are not accurate, but the career stats are. Do I remember you said you were working on a fix for that? Also, the 2006 season does not have the correct schedule if you use the current schedule that is available for download. If you start a dynasty using UR 6.4 the first season calender starts with 2005! The dynasty downloaded at Total Classics starts at 2006, with correct yearly stats. the only drawback is that it uses generic faces for those that UR has created cyberfaces.

Don't get me wrong, you have done an outstanding job, something noone else can touch...

D

D

The only difference here is that the 2005 stats are weird. They are not accurate, but the career stats are. Do I remember you said you were working on a fix for that? Also, the 2006 season does not have the correct schedule if you use the current schedule that is available for download. If you start a dynasty using UR 6.4 the first season calender starts with 2005! The dynasty downloaded at Total Classics starts at 2006, with correct yearly stats. the only drawback is that it uses generic faces for those that UR has created cyberfaces.

Don't get me wrong, you have done an outstanding job, something noone else can touch...

D

D

For you, you should load your 2006 dynasty save at step 4. Then when you import at step 5, I believe all of the stats and the schedule should be correct.

I just uploaded my dynasty save to the website. It should be available shortly.

If you could send me that I can change use the team changer although I'd like UR 6.5 because Totte overhauled the Jays minor league system which was completely wrong before

I get the problem with the game crashing after re-importing the rosters for the 2006 season with the stats update. Whenever I try to play a game it crashes to the desktop during the loading screen.

Did you try what I posted earlier?

Okay for those of you having trouble importing ultimate rosters 6.4 (or any other rosters), try this:

1. Put the .dat files from the rosters into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the files that you need.

4. Now if you want to load a saved game or sim the entire season, or whatever, do it now.

5. Then run the importer.

This seems to work so much better than just importing the .dat files from the rosters.

I tried again and got it working.. now how do I change the schedule to the right 2006 schedule?

EDIT: I exported mlb162_1.dat and renamed it to mlb162_2.dat and re-imported it to the schedule.big and when I go in my dynasty it's still the same schedule for 2006 which was generated by the game with the Jays facing the Royals on the first game. But the proper '06 schedule has the Jays against the Twins to start the season.

I tried again and got it working.. now how do I change the schedule to the right 2006 schedule?

EDIT: I exported mlb162_1.dat and renamed it to mlb162_2.dat and re-imported it to the schedule.big and when I go in my dynasty it's still the same schedule for 2006 which was generated by the game with the Jays facing the Royals on the first game. But the proper '06 schedule has the Jays against the Twins to start the season.

I'm glad you got it working.

The schedule.big is read when the game starts a new season. Editing the files in the schedule.big file won't change your current season's schedule.

So if you go from 2005 to 2006 again, it should load the correct schedule.

Yeah I figured it out and started a new dynasty.

EDIT: Anyway I tried to play a game and it worked or at least it started.. I returned it to sim and sim the game but didn't save the dynasty so I'll start playing live games tomorrow.

Hey ty so wat r the exact steps that i can use if i wish to start a new dynasty in 2006 with UR6.4 i apologise if i missed wat u previously typed if u allready told someone how o do it im havin a bad brain day today my head is screwed sorry.

The installer works great :). I was able to fix K Matsui's contract, give H Matsui a broken wrist & 120 days injury time, and V Zambranno has his season ending injury. Everything worked fine. Too bad I play a Mets dynasty, lol

Somewhere in the files, under misc I think, there's a download that converts the 2005 schedule to 2006. The schedule still says 2005 but it is the 2006 schedule. There is another download in tools & editors folder called LocLook that allows you to change the wording "2005" to "2006". I never bothered with doing that since there are alot of places you'd need to change 2005 to 2006. Hope this helps.

I still can't understand how to put people on the Disabled list usign the Indians. I got the first part in changing the number but where do I use the formula in step 4? Is there anyway you can show me a screenshot?

Thanks

There's file called extra.dat thats created when you use the exporter, it's created in the same folder as the other DAT files. Open it with notepad, scroll down to the player you want to have injured. edit them, save notepad file you edited as extra.dat, then run importer. this should work. I don't worry about putting players on the DL, either I do that or let the CPU worry about it. Note if you're going to have a few players injured on the same team, you may want to move a few of them to the minors first.

I still can't understand how to put people on the Disabled list usign the Indians. I got the first part in changing the number but where do I use the formula in step 4? Is there anyway you can show me a screenshot?

Thanks

I guess I did forget to say where to put the number from step 4.

5. Replace xxxxx in "7 xxxxx" with what you got from the formula in step 4.

Archived